José Ángel Pozo

So sad to see so many slagging him off after a couple of games.

Get ready to eat a lot of humble pie because this kid is going to prove just what a talent he is over the next year or so. Arsenal fans thought Henry was a waste of space during his first season at Highbury as he did not play well....it took a long time even for him to adapt to the Premier League. Congrats to you City fans for all the criticism of a kid after less than two full games......shameful!!!!!!.

The lad is only young at the end of the day and hasn't had much experience in this hard league but u never know he could suprise a few ESP playing at home where we normally dominate he could get a goal or two and it will give him a big boost.

Pozo has a bright future, but I think being asked to play as a lone striker at this stage of his development is too big an ask. It's not his natural position, and he looks a little out of his depth.

Fucking immense talent this lad. The way he laid off the ball to Yaya with the outside of his right foot after it dropped over his shoulder was blinding. Huge technical ability and will shame the English pretenders like Welbeck within 2-3 years. Watch this space, the guy is mustard.

Ric said:
Pozo has a bright future, but I think being asked to play as a lone striker at this stage of his development is too big an ask. It's not his natural position, and he looks a little out of his depth.
He hasn't been asked to do it for no good reason though, he's been asked because there wasn't another option, two weeks in a row, its purely down to bad luck for the lad that he has been the only option.

He looks to be making a good go of it to me, and it won't be hurting his confidence, because he'll know full well, that he won't be expected to play this role very often (if ever again). I'm sure we'll choose a different option next week knowing all three are missing, they have a week to work it out.

I'm confident that this will have done the lad a lot more good than harm.

Bright talent and has played well in the last 2 games, stepping up when asked too by the manager. we are coming under some unfair criticism at the minute after the unveiling of the new academy. Pundits stating it looks great etc...but that we have to start bringing players through.

Well it wont happen overnight, but Pozo, Lopes, Denayer (with the latter out on loan) have been coming through the academy and will be hopefully be stars of the future. We have some of the brightest talent in both european/african kids learning their trade at the club and the future is looking bright.

You can never guarantee that academy lads will become stars, but not all of them have too. Some may become 1st team players but if you can get one or two great players included then that is what builds a title winning team of the future

Pozo will get better and that only comes by testing himself when called upon by the manager

Another reason to cut Pozo some slack is that he missed a large chunk of last season recovering from a knee injury after making a big impact as a 16 year old the previous season. Contrary to what some on here seem to think he is a very skilful player but he definitely isn't a lone target man to be taking on a big lump like Morgan with his back to goal.

Only saw the first half but he looked pretty solid to me today worked hard and didn't seem out of his depth, he just didn't get the service think we were set up to play with Dzeko up top and Pozo is a completely different type of striker think it will be interesting to see how we set up for the palace game and if we focus on playing to Pozo's style in training or will we play without a striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.