José Ángel Pozo

He was asked to do a job he would never have been asked to do, under normal circumstances. He didn't look comfortable playing as a lone striker and was caught offside too often. He looks much better (in the little we've seen of him) when he comes a bit deeper and links up with the midfield players.

I see him more of a Jovetic-type player and I'm sure that, given the right circumstances, we'll see a lot more of him in areas where he's more comfortable.

Ric said:
Pozo has a bright future, but I think being asked to play as a lone striker at this stage of his development is too big an ask. It's not his natural position, and he looks a little out of his depth.

Yep.

Imagine an 18 year old Silva being asked to play as a lone striker in the Premier League. He would have been hopeless!

Given the circumstances of his appearances so far, anyone criticising this lad is an imbecile of gargantuan proportions.

Personally I'm glad he's getting this experience as it will only serve to improve him.

He's clearly not a lone striker and clearly needs to increase his physicality and aggression but his intelligence, movement, touch and passing is very impressive for such a young man.

ManCityX said:
Ric said:
Pozo has a bright future, but I think being asked to play as a lone striker at this stage of his development is too big an ask. It's not his natural position, and he looks a little out of his depth.

Yep.

Imagine an 18 year old Silva being asked to play as a lone striker in the Premier League. He would have been hopeless!

Silva and hopeless should never be mentioned in the same sentence, but I get what you're saying.

As previously said, Pozo will become a great player and it's a big ask for him to produce his best stuff right now, but give him time and play him in his position and I can honestly see him having an impact on this season.

Stoned Rose said:
Given the circumstances of his appearances so far, anyone criticising this lad is an imbecile of gargantuan proportions.

Personally I'm glad he's getting this experience as it will only serve to improve him.

He's clearly not a lone striker and clearly needs to increase his physicality and aggression but his intelligence, movement, touch and passing is very impressive for such a young man.
Agree with this.

The premier league is not a training pitch. This lad has loads of potential, but he should be coming on late in games to get the experience he needs. Asking him to lead the line now is going to do nothing for his confidence.

mammutly said:
The premier league is not a training pitch. This lad has loads of potential, but he should be coming on late in games to get the experience he needs. Asking him to lead the line now is going to do nothing for his confidence.

I think Pellegrini had little choice with 5 mins notice yesterday. Pozo will have been playing that role in training so made sense to risk him. He kept him on a bit too long but other than that it was a risk worth taking.

We now have 6 days to prepare for the next game and I can't see him starting next week.

I was talking to a senior city scout today and he said pozo isn't an out and out striker - more like a number 10. I feel really sorry for him, it's obvious his best position would be off the striker.

blue ranger said:
I was talking to a senior city scout today and he said pozo isn't an out and out striker - more like a number 10. I feel really sorry for him, it's obvious his best position would be off the striker.
You might be feeling sorry for him, but I bet as an 18 year old, he's feeling anything but, he must be loving getting a chance to play for the champions in the PL at 18, and being on the winning side, he'd probably play in goal at this stage if he was asked.

cleavers said:
blue ranger said:
You might be feeling sorry for him, but I bet as an 18 year old, he's feeling anything but, he must be loving getting a chance to play for the champions in the PL at 18, and being on the winning side, he'd probably play in goal at this stage if he was asked.

Spot on Cleavers

It will also be a boost for the younger lads in the academy knowing that they may one day get a chance with the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.