José Ángel Pozo

Also being around someone like Silva for a young Spanish lad, trying to make his way in the professional game, must be amazing.
How he prepares, how he works on his game, how he handles himself when being faced with no-nonsense defenders will only help Pozo in the long run.
Throw in Lampard, a player at the twilight of his career who can pass on so much help and advice and Pozo is a different place to many of the youngsters we have bloodied before.

Pubteam Lomas said:
Also being around someone like Silva for a young Spanish lad, trying to make his way in the professional game, must be amazing.
How he prepares, how he works on his game, how he handles himself when being faced with no-nonsense defenders will only help Pozo in the long run.
Throw in Lampard, a player at the twilight of his career who can pass on so much help and advice and Pozo is a different place to many of the youngsters we have bloodied before.

Excellent post

I think it will actually be highly beneficial to Pozo that he hasn't knocked in a couple of goals in his first two league starts. How many young lads have we seen hit the ground running, been hyped to the moon and then struggled to maintain those standards (Macheda, Vaughan, Sears etc). A bit of adversity at his age is a good thing.

Must be daunting for the lad because he is literally being thrown in there and being expected to do the job an in form world class striker has to do and probably would of struggled with. The Leicester game was the perfect example of where in a normal setting you would not play Pozo tactically because he isn't suited to the pressing game a team like Leicester plays.

Dzeko obviously would of far suited the game better where we can get the ball forward quickly and have someone with presence hold it up. Obviously playing Dzeko went out the window but I think Pozo is adapting well to how the team plays and once we get him against a team who sits back a bit more he will have a lot more luck and chances to have a go at.

Don't forget, even with Aguero it would of been tough at the weekend. We didn't really make any chances bar the goal so you can't blame him for that.

I've seen lot's of things in this kid to suggest he's going to be a very good player trouble is I think that some members of the squad need to show a bit more faith in him because on a few occasions the best passing option which was Jose Angel Pozo hasn't been used because of who's there to receive it which is a habit we've got to get out of.

Pubteam Lomas said:

Yeah that used to be done by bust-ups and darts.

BlueTG said:
Pubteam Lomas said:

Yeah that used to be done by bust-ups and darts.

Don't forget the old cigar in the eye method,

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
I've seen lot's of things in this kid to suggest he's going to be a very good player trouble is I think that some members of the squad need to show a bit more faith in him because on a few occasions the best passing option which was Jose Angel Pozo hasn't been used because of who's there to receive it which is a habit we've got to get out of.

That's true, but to be fair that's something that happens even when we have a full complement. It's often the case that Milner and Dzeko are bypassed, even when free, and Silva, Toure, Aguero, and Nasri run around together playing intricate triangles. I'd actually love to see a break down of who Toure ever passes it to, as there were times last season when he seemed to ignore Garcia completely. :-)

Pozo just needs a goal or two, once he gets those under his belt and runs off celebrating with the senior lads he will start to feel like he belongs at this level which in result will start bringing him the mental side to his game.

Technically he is definitely ready, physically and mentally he isn't, but like I said above, once a few goals go in he will start to feel more confident and in result he will feel mentally up for it.

At the end of the season I think the club need to put him on a bulking up training plan, it's only really his lack of physicality that is preventing him to really shine at Premier League level in my opinion, that and confidence, but that will come as the games go by and he gets a few goals and/or assists under his belt.

The biggest asset Pozo has is that he is definitely technically good enough for us.

FromPollockToSilva said:
I think it will actually be highly beneficial to Pozo that he hasn't knocked in a couple of goals in his first two league starts. How many young lads have we seen hit the ground running, been hyped to the moon and then struggled to maintain those standards (Macheda, Vaughan, Sears etc). A bit of adversity at his age is a good thing.

And januzaj januzaj januzajjj

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.