Jose Mourinho.

Prestwich_Blue said:
kiam06 said:
This is the truth as I understand it from an old University friend in Italy.

Jose Mourinho has agreed to join a Premier League team for next season, he can't reveal who as it would put his job at risk. He wouldn't even tell me the club, he could only say a Premier League Club. Believe me my mate is close to Mourinho as his job involves spending alot of time with the man.

Most likely to be the rags (if it's true at all) as Fergie loves JM and will be retiring in the next two years. But they can really only spend £30m a season tops and that's before the Glazers have to start repaying the capital in 4 years.

Would a manager like Mourinho take over the rags straight after Fergurson, fuck thats one helluva an act to follow. I'd leave it for somebody else to fuck up and then take the job afterwards and repair the damage. Will Fergurson also retire directly or will he still be poking his red nose into team affairs? My bet would be on Moyes whom I reckon would accept Fergurson advising him for 12-18 months. He would have nothing to lose but everything to gain whereas Jose would be taking a huge risk following on from Fergurson.

Blue2112 said:
I reckon he'd love to have another crack at Fergurson

Too late, if this is true then sour purple nose must have decided to retire and will announce it after the shitty rags lose in rome / hull.
He is probably intending to retire as chumps league winners, FAPL champions, world champs and carling cup winners, and will be to sozzled to realize that the team in red running round rome with the big pot are from london and the team with the fapl are from the wrong end of the east lancs

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Jose Mourinho IS our next manager - and you can put me on any list you want.

There are a handful of people on here who will be owed a big apology.

IWhat is about to happen at City over the next six weeks is beyond our wildest imagination.

I also recall the majority of posters on here doubting Sven would be sacked for months until the penny finally dropped.

And for those who doubt Mourinho, the majority of his signings at Chelsea, until the insistence of Abramovich on Shevchenko, were for people nobody rated as top bracket.

The likes of Drogba, Essien and Carvalho.

He dragged a no mark team like Setubal from the depths and on a shoestring won Porto the UEFA and Champions League cups in the space of two years.

Are you speculating or proclaiming to be ITK?

Just curious...

BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:
I reckon he'd love to have another crack at Fergurson and what better way than in his own backyard, turn Manchester into the European/world hotbed for football. Fergurson and Mourinho, the worlds greatest team (copyright) v the worlds richest team managed by the two biggest ego's. My dad used to tell me how Manchester was buzzing in the late 60's with the two teams dominating wouldn't it be great for the City to be like that again. It could easily be sold to him especially if we're waving a blank cheque under his nose.

Josh, here's my take on the whole Mourinho thing....

He will not take over a team, which he does not feel will challenge for the title in their first season. That's his way. Porto, Chelsea, and Inter....were all like that. I even read an interview with him once where he said something along those lines...

I don't think he'll think he can do it with City, so I can't see him coming. Its that simple...

Maybe he will and maybe he won't but I'd wager he will be one of a handful of managers in the near future to be told first hand what the vision of our owners project really involves and then it'll be down to the who wants it and who is best man.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

IWhat is about to happen at City over the next six weeks is beyond our wildest imagination.

I also recall the majority of posters on here doubting Sven would be sacked for months until the penny finally dropped.

And for those who doubt Mourinho, the majority of his signings at Chelsea, until the insistence of Abramovich on Shevchenko, were for people nobody rated as top bracket.

He dragged a no mark team like Setubal from the depths and on a shoestring won Porto the UEFA and Champions League cups in the space of two years.

I hope so mate, I really, bloody, do. I am so tired of living on pickings and make-do and mend after all these years. City fans past deserve someone to fecking grasp the nettle and stop playing around.

BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:
I reckon he'd love to have another crack at Fergurson and what better way than in his own backyard, turn Manchester into the European/world hotbed for football. Fergurson and Mourinho, the worlds greatest team (copyright) v the worlds richest team managed by the two biggest ego's. My dad used to tell me how Manchester was buzzing in the late 60's with the two teams dominating wouldn't it be great for the City to be like that again. It could easily be sold to him especially if we're waving a blank cheque under his nose.

He will not take over a team, which he does not feel will challenge for the title in their first season. That's his way. Porto, Chelsea, and Inter....were all like that. I even read an interview with him once where he said something along those lines...

I don't think he'll think he can do it with City, so I can't see him coming. Its that simple...

I agree with you BS, however, what if ADUG could go to Mourinho & say somehtin along the lines of "We've already got player x & y in the bag"?

Cheesy said:
BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:

I agree with you BS, however, what if ADUG could go to Mourinho & say somehtin along the lines of "We've already got player x & y in the bag"?

That's what I was think also add to that an unlimited budget to strengthen the squad were ever he sees fit and get what ever players he wants no matter what the cost

Cheesy said:
BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:

Well, looking at our squad, to challenge for the title next season we'd need players U, V W, X, Y, and Z. And they'd need to be the likes of Kaka, Benzema, Ibra, Terry, Chiellini, and Ramos...

But hey, we can afford them...so it matters only whether the combination of the "project" and the manager, can convince them to come and give up a season in the champions league...

I'm sceptical. Mancini is a far more realistic managerial target to my mind...

BillyShears said:
Cheesy said:

Well, looking at our squad, to challenge for the title next season we'd need players U, V W, X, Y, and Z. And they'd need to be the likes of Kaka, Benzema, Ibra, Terry, Chiellini, and Ramos...

But hey, we can afford them...so it matters only whether the combination of the "project" and the manager, can convince them to come and give up a season in the champions league...

I'm sceptical. Mancini is a far more realistic managerial target to my mind...

Oh so do I. I see the club hasn't issued any warning to the paper that published the story linking us with him the other day. Interesting.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Are you speculating or proclaiming to be ITK?

Just curious...

No probs, Billy, been on here long enough to know the score!

I've posted previously various snippets of info I get - sometimes good, sometimes way off the mark. Was told Kolo Toure was supposedly coming back in January by a couple of legal buds! Almost got that one!

I can no way claim to be fully ITK, but for that matter, heard even Garry Cook may not be either on this matter.

Just that a window of opportunity may have presented itself and the people who call the shots can't look the other way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.