Jose Mourinho.

The only logical destination for Mourinho is Man City

Mourinho is a coach who requires

1. An already established competitive team
2. A top league
3. A sizeable budget
4. Total control of his players and transfers

When thinking of the above and the coming season, what options does he really have?

EPL
1. Chelsea - No way Roman will swallow his pride and ask him back.
2. Liverpool - Benitez just extended his contract.
3. Arsenal - Wenger is Arsenal, Arsenal is Wenger.
4. Man Utd - No change there until Fergie is retired.
5. Aston Villa, Everton and Spurs all committed to their respective managers

Therefore Man City is his ONLY option in England at the moment

Spain
1. Real Madrid - Jose has not been mentioned all season as a replacement there.
2. Barcelona - Pep has just created the best team in the world at present.
3. Valencia - Too many money problems
4. Villareal - Just extended the contract for their coach
5. Sevilla - No funds.

As much as he would like to go to Spain, there is no team (other than Real Madrid) who can take him.

Germany
1. Wolfsburg - They want Rikjaard and have already met with him
2. Bayern - They want Jol
3. The rest won't attract Jose.

So where really can Jose go?
He won't stay at Inter because he doesn't like it there. He does want to go to Spain, but where?
Only Real Madrid is open but its strange that Jose's name hasn't come up at all despite their stated "new manager" at the end of the season, so the way I see it...

Its Man City 1st in line.

nickson71 said:
kiam06 said:
This is the truth as I understand it from an old University friend in Italy.

Jose Mourinho has agreed to join a Premier League team for next season, he can't reveal who as it would put his job at risk. He wouldn't even tell me the club, he could only say a Premier League Club. Believe me my mate is close to Mourinho as his job involves spending alot of time with the man.

Que the WUM comments

If this is true my first question would be is Baconface retiring at the end of the season
as I think Jose could well be first choice there and I think he would agree to takeover that job in preference to any other job in the Prem. League.

Out of the other contender there is only us (if we bin Hughes) and Chelsea and I can't see him going back to his old job. Raffa and Wenger arn't going anywhere and none of the other clubs could tempt him.

Like I say I do not know the club but using the power of deduction it does not leave many, or does it. We do not know where the money is going to be invested next season, Liverpool may be getting taken over.

kiam06 said:
ConnorMCFC said:
kiam06 said:

Jose Mourinho has agreed to join a Premier League team for next season, he can't reveal who as it would put his job at risk. He wouldn't even tell me the club, he could only say a Premier League Club. Believe me my mate is close to Mourinho as his job involves spending alot of time with the man.
why the fuck would mourinho tell your 'mate' this information?

Like I say its his job. Can't say much more mate only that I am not lying.

I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you if you are telling the truth, to have no-one believe you.

I reckon he'd love to have another crack at Fergurson and what better way than in his own backyard, turn Manchester into the European/world hotbed for football. Fergurson and Mourinho, the worlds greatest team (copyright) v the worlds richest team managed by the two biggest ego's. My dad used to tell me how Manchester was buzzing in the late 60's with the two teams dominating wouldn't it be great for the City to be like that again. It could easily be sold to him especially if we're waving a blank cheque under his nose.

kiam06 said:
nickson71 said:
kiam06 said:

Que the WUM comments

If this is true my first question would be is Baconface retiring at the end of the season
as I think Jose could well be first choice there and I think he would agree to takeover that job in preference to any other job in the Prem. League.

Out of the other contender there is only us (if we bin Hughes) and Chelsea and I can't see him going back to his old job. Raffa and Wenger arn't going anywhere and none of the other clubs could tempt him.

Like I say I do not know the club but using the power of deduction it does not leave many, or does it. We do not know where the money is going to be invested next season, Liverpool may be getting taken over.

I didn't know that Liverpool may have found a buyer and I can't see Raffa leaving either not unless the new owners were in place very quickly. Saying that Raffa has only just signed a new contract.

kiam06 said:

Most likely to be the rags (if it's true at all) as Fergie loves JM and will be retiring in the next two years. But they can really only spend £30m a season tops and that's before the Glazers have to start repaying the capital in 4 years.

Brucie Bonus said:
kiam06 said:
ConnorMCFC said:
kiam06 said:

why the fuck would mourinho tell your 'mate' this information?

Like I say its his job. Can't say much more mate only that I am not lying.

I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you if you are telling the truth, to have no-one believe you.

Its more frustrating that my mate knows the club and he won't tell me, I don't care if anyone believs me on here. I know why he can't tell me though because he is loyal to his employer and if you had his job you would be too, lucky git.

Blue2112 said:
I reckon he'd love to have another crack at Fergurson and what better way than in his own backyard, turn Manchester into the European/world hotbed for football. Fergurson and Mourinho, the worlds greatest team (copyright) v the worlds richest team managed by the two biggest ego's. My dad used to tell me how Manchester was buzzing in the late 60's with the two teams dominating wouldn't it be great for the City to be like that again. It could easily be sold to him especially if we're waving a blank cheque under his nose.

Josh, here's my take on the whole Mourinho thing....

He will not take over a team, which he does not feel will challenge for the title in their first season. That's his way. Porto, Chelsea, and Inter....were all like that. I even read an interview with him once where he said something along those lines...

I don't think he'll think he can do it with City, so I can't see him coming. Its that simple...

BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:

Josh, here's my take on the whole Mourinho thing....

He will not take over a team, which he does not feel will challenge for the title in their first season. That's his way. Porto, Chelsea, and Inter....were all like that. I even read an interview with him once where he said something along those lines...

I don't think he'll think he can do it with City, so I can't see him coming. Its that simple...

Yes, but he did just say he liked England because managers are given time...

Jose Mourinho IS our next manager - and you can put me on any list you want.

There are a handful of people on here who will be owed a big apology.

IWhat is about to happen at City over the next six weeks is beyond our wildest imagination.

I also recall the majority of posters on here doubting Sven would be sacked for months until the penny finally dropped.

And for those who doubt Mourinho, the majority of his signings at Chelsea, until the insistence of Abramovich on Shevchenko, were for people nobody rated as top bracket.

The likes of Drogba, Essien and Carvalho.

He dragged a no mark team like Setubal from the depths and on a shoestring won Porto the UEFA and Champions League cups in the space of two years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.