Jose Mourinho

Failsworth_Blue said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
i see where your coming from and i agree to some point but like i said i like mancini and have no problem with him staying but if you get people saying they dont want mourinho is stupid. if he doesnt come to us he will go to madrid and then they will be the best team in the world by a country mile.

I don't think anyone who says they don't want Mourinho are saying it because they don't think he's a top manager because surely no-one can doubt how good Mourinho is but theres a side to him that people don't like and if thats how they feel then so be it

If we keep Mancini i'll be happy, if we don't and we get Mourinho i'll be happy

As for him going to Madrid and being the best team in the world by a country mile. I think thats a bit over the top, they've got some outstanding players but he's still got Barcelona to compete with and it won't be as easy as you make it sound. In the champions leauge they'll struggle why they've got the current defensive midfield players and some of their defenders aren't up to scratch

i know what you mean but if they can overcome barcelona then they are the best in the world because nobody can touch them they are unreal. but if mourinho goes to madrid, the money/players already there/fan base etc he will win things and when they start i cant see them stopping. barca have to keep this talent coming through there youth because they dont have to money madrid have.

1337 said:
spanishblue said:
NO
I don't want somebody's cast offs for the next three yrs when he starts whinging Manchester doesn't like me.I want to create something original some thing City a world beater with a manager whose ego isn't bigger than the club.

He wont say that if the media dont attack him like they do in italy and if the city fans get behind him.

I have no doubt the fans would be behind him

As for the press and his opinion of himself he is there for the taking

mourinho is the type of guy that if he isnt WITH you, you fuckin hate him (ala craig bellamy), but if he is with you you love him to bits (ala craig bellamy). there is no doubt that jose is world class and if he is available we HAVE to try and go for him. he is a winner, he will attract the world class players and i think he will absolutely relish the challenge of going head to head with ferguson. go for it city... lets get mourinho and go for that next level then world domination!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8595928.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 595928.stm</a>

I'm not happy in Italian football - Jose Mourinho

Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho has sparked speculation about his future in Italian football after insisting: "I don't like it and it doesn't like me."

Mourinho has not spoken to the Italian media for a month and was recently fined £35,000 by the Italian Football Federation for criticising officials.

"I am very happy at Inter but not in Italian football," said Mourinho.

The 47-year-old, who left Chelsea in 2007, has made no secret of his desire to return to the English game.

"I always speak with my heart but if I spoke with my heart now about Serie A I would be suspended," added Mourinho.

His comments came on the eve of his side's Champions League quarter-final first leg against CSKA Moscow.

Mourinho's Inter knocked out his former club Chelsea in the last round of the Champions League and are currently top of Serie A.

But his side have seen a healthy lead whittled down to just one point by Roma, to whom they lost 2-1 on Saturday, and three points by AC Milan.

He received a £16,000 fine last month for claiming "everything was done for us not to win" following a 2-0 defeat of AC Milan, a game in which Inter had two players sent off.

Mourinho also said the game had left a "strange taste" in his mouth, adding: "I've realised they won't let us wrap up the championship early".

He subsequently received a three-game touchline ban and was fined £35,000 for "insulting officials" during a game against Sampdoria.

Mourinho also made a 'handcuffs' gesture after seeing Walter Samuel sent off and Ivan Cordoba booked during the 0-0 draw, with the gesture interpreted as him suggesting his side were being victimised by referees.

Reports in Italy suggested referees were prepared to go on strike if Mourinho was not given a severe punishment.

Also in February, Mourinho paid a £11,500 fine to settle a disciplinary case over an altercation with a journalist last December.

Mourinho has been linked with a return to the Premier League, where he won the title twice with Chelsea, with Manchester City and Liverpool both touted as possible destinations.

I am happy with RM, if we stick with him we will win things, if we put JM in charge and doing average after half a season where do we go then seeing as a lot on here thinks JM is god

mourinho is the type of guy that if he isnt WITH you, you fuckin hate him (ala craig bellamy), but if he is with you you love him to bits (ala craig bellamy). there is no doubt that jose is world class and if he is available we HAVE to try and go for him. he is a winner, he will attract the world class players and i think he will absolutely relish the challenge of going head to head with ferguson. go for it city... lets get mourinho and go for that next level then world domination!!!

^ Not sure that's accurate. I know plenty of people who love his mentality, arrogance etc. A breath of fresh air in an otherwise mundane world of media speak.

The ones who tend to hate him are fans of opposing teams he has riled (i.e. Liverpool)

Halfpenny said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8595928.stm

I'm not happy in Italian football - Jose Mourinho

Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho has sparked speculation about his future in Italian football after insisting: "I don't like it and it doesn't like me."

Mourinho has not spoken to the Italian media for a month and was recently fined £35,000 by the Italian Football Federation for criticising officials.

"I am very happy at Inter but not in Italian football," said Mourinho.

The 47-year-old, who left Chelsea in 2007, has made no secret of his desire to return to the English game.

"I always speak with my heart but if I spoke with my heart now about Serie A I would be suspended," added Mourinho.

His comments came on the eve of his side's Champions League quarter-final first leg against CSKA Moscow.

Mourinho's Inter knocked out his former club Chelsea in the last round of the Champions League and are currently top of Serie A.

But his side have seen a healthy lead whittled down to just one point by Roma, to whom they lost 2-1 on Saturday, and three points by AC Milan.

He received a £16,000 fine last month for claiming "everything was done for us not to win" following a 2-0 defeat of AC Milan, a game in which Inter had two players sent off.

Mourinho also said the game had left a "strange taste" in his mouth, adding: "I've realised they won't let us wrap up the championship early".

He subsequently received a three-game touchline ban and was fined £35,000 for "insulting officials" during a game against Sampdoria.

Mourinho also made a 'handcuffs' gesture after seeing Walter Samuel sent off and Ivan Cordoba booked during the 0-0 draw, with the gesture interpreted as him suggesting his side were being victimised by referees.

Reports in Italy suggested referees were prepared to go on strike if Mourinho was not given a severe punishment.

Also in February, Mourinho paid a £11,500 fine to settle a disciplinary case over an altercation with a journalist last December.

Mourinho has been linked with a return to the Premier League, where he won the title twice with Chelsea, with Manchester City and Liverpool both touted as possible destinations.

I saw this interview.

I was shouting at the telly "Come Home Jose"

I bet if you went back 45 years, a lot of people who don't want Mourinho would be turning their noses up at Malcolm Allison.

How many of you realise that Jose started learning his trade under Big Mal, at Setubal? He has modelled himself on Allison and shares many of the same traits; supreme self-confidence, outstanding tactical awareness, innovative training routines, great man-management, the ability to get under his opponents skin, etc.

Jose knows what Malcolm did at City and now all the building blocks are in place, he would love to emulate the achievements of someone he learned so much from. That's why he'll come here above anything else.

Its also add's fuel to the fire when Andy Hinchcliffe goes on ESPN just before the kick off and states in his option Mancini will not be at City in the Summer as he understands that Bobby is one a 6 month contract with it only becoming the three year one if he gets us in to the Champs league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.