Jose Mourinho

spanishblue said:
My heart tells me yes (he is a great manager)

My minde tells me no (we already have a great manager Jose is not the type of loud mouth most City supporters like i don't think we need the kind of publicity he would bring and i don't think he would stay longer than three yrs)

Bobby for me quiet unassuming and will be City through and through (Joe Mercer type)
This 100%

mcfc_die_hard said:
Im fully behind mancini while he is at city but some of you are really fickle.

Mourinho is the best manager in the world even better than baconface and if you wudnt take him then thats very very stupid believe me. people saying what would we do if he didnt win the league what manager would we go to next? the simple fact is he would win the league no matter what.

This. Porto won the champions league under him...Porto!! And didnt chelsea concede only 15 goals in 04/05 season? Didn't they get 95 points that season? Didn't they lose only once? Weren't they the most feared team in europe? And people are saying if he comes, everyone will hate our club..We are already hated because of our financial power..Might as well bring him in ay ;)

Failsworth_Blue said:
mcfc_die_hard said:

Mourinho is the best manager in the world even better than baconface and if you wudnt take him then thats very very stupid believe me. people saying what would we do if he didnt win the league what manager would we go to next? the simple fact is he would win the league no matter what.

He would win the leauge no matter what? You really think it's that easy, that we just get him in and all of a sudden we'll win the leauge? You're the fickle one if you think thats how easy you think it is to win the leauge

Mourinho is an exceptional manager, no doubt about it but him coming to us wouldn't guarentee us winning the leauge. I'm behind Mancini and would like for us to stick with him but it's the owners choice and we'll see what happens

Mourinho took over Porto in 2002. He won the Portugese Liga, Cup of Portugal and the Uefa cup in 2003. He then won the Champions league in 2004.

He then moved to Chelsea in 2004 and won 2 consecutive titles in 05 and 06

He then moved to Inter Milan and won the League title in his first season.

If he comes to City i will be willing to make you a bet that he wins the title within 2 seasons of managing us.

I would be lying if I said I didn’t want Morinho as manager at city and speaking to other fans it seems the majority feel the same way. I think Mancini has done a good job all things considered, definitely a big step up from Hughes we would not be in a position of still having a chance of qualifying for 4th if he had stayed no doubt at all.

I just think to get the best players to city and to start winning things we need one of the best managers in the world especially with all the bias and jealousy we are up against in the game from other teams and especially the top brass Platini etc.

Morinho is a winner, he cant stop winning titles and trophies at every club he has been at. At the end of the day he’s arguably the best manager in the world at the moment. We want to be the best, we want to win titles and play in the champions league every season. So why wouldnt we want Morinho as manager ?

As long as there is a chance we could get him at city the fans will want him and call for his appointment its as simple as that, if he will come well that’s a another matter. If we finish top 4 and offer him what he wants, heafty wages a huge transfer budget and complete control of football matters at the club -possibly.

I still think he will end up at Real Madrid in the summer though and eventually take over from Bacon face :(

This being the case we could do a lot worse than Mancini. I hope he comes but I am not getting my hopes up.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
He would win the leauge no matter what? You really think it's that easy, that we just get him in and all of a sudden we'll win the leauge? You're the fickle one if you think thats how easy you think it is to win the leauge

Mourinho is an exceptional manager, no doubt about it but him coming to us wouldn't guarentee us winning the leauge. I'm behind Mancini and would like for us to stick with him but it's the owners choice and we'll see what happens

Mourinho took over Porto in 2002. He won the Portugese Liga, Cup of Portugal and the Uefa cup in 2003. He then won the Champions league in 2004.

If he comes to City i will be willing to make you a bet that he wins the title within 2 seasons of managing us.

Porto, Chelsea were much closer in terms of quality to the teams who won the leauge prior to Jose coming whereas Inter had already won the leauge 3 times in succession before he came. I'm not doubting he's a fantastic manager with a fantastic record but i can't believe that you think no matter what he will win the leauge for us. I really don't think it's that easy, we're a club that are battling to get 4th place with 3 other clubs. The leap from where we are now to title winners is a big leap in terms of quality IMO. We have shown on the odd occasion that we have players capable on their day but they aren't consistant enough

Mourinho of course could come in and spend x amount of money and we'll get closer but you were adamant that it's as easy as him signing up and we'd win the leauge when i certainly don't think thats the case

1337 said:
mcfc_die_hard said:

This. Porto won the champions league under him...Porto!! And didnt chelsea concede only 15 goals in 04/05 season? Didn't they get 95 points that season? Didn't they lose only once? Weren't they the most feared team in europe? And people are saying if he comes, everyone will hate our club..We are already hated because of our financial power..Might as well bring him in ay ;)

NO
I don't want somebody's cast offs for the next three yrs when he starts whinging Manchester doesn't like me.
I want to create something original some thing City a world beater with a manager whose ego isn't bigger than the club.

Failsworth_Blue said:
mcfc_die_hard said:

Porto, Chelsea were much closer in terms of quality to the teams who won the leauge prior to Jose coming whereas Inter had already won the leauge 3 times in succession before he came. I'm not doubting he's a fantastic manager with a fantastic record but i can't believe that you think no matter what he will win the leauge for us. I really don't think it's that easy, we're a club that are battling to get 4th place with 3 other clubs. The leap from where we are now to title winners is a big leap in terms of quality IMO. We have shown on the odd occasion that we have players capable on their day but they aren't consistant enough

Mourinho of course could come in and spend x amount of money and we'll get closer but you were adamant that it's as easy as him signing up and we'd win the leauge when i certainly don't think thats the case

i see where your coming from and i agree to some point but like i said i like mancini and have no problem with him staying but if you get people saying they dont want mourinho is stupid. if he doesnt come to us he will go to madrid and then they will be the best team in the world by a country mile.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

i see where your coming from and i agree to some point but like i said i like mancini and have no problem with him staying but if you get people saying they dont want mourinho is stupid. if he doesnt come to us he will go to madrid and then they will be the best team in the world by a country mile.

I don't think anyone who says they don't want Mourinho are saying it because they don't think he's a top manager because surely no-one can doubt how good Mourinho is but theres a side to him that people don't like and if thats how they feel then so be it

If we keep Mancini i'll be happy, if we don't and we get Mourinho i'll be happy

As for him going to Madrid and being the best team in the world by a country mile. I think thats a bit over the top, they've got some outstanding players but he's still got Barcelona to compete with and it won't be as easy as you make it sound. In the champions leauge they'll struggle why they've got the current defensive midfield players and some of their defenders aren't up to scratch

spanishblue said:
1337 said:

NO
I don't want somebody's cast offs for the next three yrs when he starts whinging Manchester doesn't like me.I want to create something original some thing City a world beater with a manager whose ego isn't bigger than the club.

He wont say that if the media dont attack him like they do in italy and if the city fans get behind him.

Real Madrid's next manager. Then the rag's next manager.

Unfortunately I have to agree witl this. Its obvious what is going to happen. He wont come to city as he can go anywhere he wants and get whaterver he wants. So why would he come to City ?

If you have the choice of going to Real Madrid or going to Man City you go to Real Madrid. Unless you are spoiled shit for brains like Robinho that is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.