Jose Mourinho

Didsbury Dave said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I don't think we tick all the boxes as we haven't won in a trophy in 35 years, have never played in the champs league and are simply a much smaller entity than other clubs that will be no doubt interested in Mourinho

Mate, you need to lose the inferiority complex. Those sneering reds are getting to you.

We haven't won a trophy in years but have a squad which is close to being good enough and unlimited funds. And a vision for the future.

That makes us a magnificent option, very similar to Chelsea when he took over.

I agree that our squad is close to being good enough and we've got a great vision, but it all seems a bit hollow without any trophies to back it up

Yea we're very similar to Chelsea when he took over them, but he wasn't quite regarded as the best manager around then and Chelsea had won trophies in recent years as well as getting about Europe a bit and finishing high up in the prem (2nd when Ranieri was sacked wasn't it?).

The Fat el Hombre said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are the only club in the actual equation which already fits his well-known requested criteria.

He wants to build a dynasty.

He wants carte-blanche, just as Rafa has at Liverpool.

He wants significant funds to achieve his aims.

Have commented before, whether we like it or not, player power rules.

Is all that really well known? Cos as far as I know he's only commented about winning the league in various countries and being very open to an offer form manchester united...

I don't think we tick all the boxes as we haven't won in a trophy in 35 years, have never played in the champs league and are simply a much smaller entity than other clubs that will be no doubt interested in Mourinho

All his requirements are in the public domain.

The problem at Inter is they are tightening the purse strings.

It is a matter of public record in last six months that he wants to build a dynasty in his next job.

As for his supposed being very open to a United offer. He has NEVER said this.

He conceded that he has great respect for what Baconface has achieved - that is all.

In fact, the last time Jose was at United, he ended up chinning a United fan at the team coach and was terribly vexed (Gladiator eat your heart out) at the sniping and taunting by manure fans.

Mourinho is anti-establishment.

As for our own supposed failing as an attractive propostition. Chelsea hadn't won a league championship for over 50 years.

I also think it's fair to say that our vision of the future is so much more defined now than when we have probably approached Jose in the past, imagine when Sheikh Mansour sits him down to show what we are doing with regards to the stadium and surrounding areas, although Jose doesn't probably give two shits about anything other than the football team he will get an understanding of what we intend to be - in the past he may have wondered whether it was all bluster and our owner wasn't here long term, he will no longer have those doubts.

MCFCinUSA said:
mikeee said:
WILL be man city manager next year. been told off various people who know people inside the club and they've said its certain he'll be in charge next year.

if that's so how much of your money would you like to stake on it?

I had £100 on it last Oct with Victor Chandler whilst Hughes was still in charge @ 9/1 :)

The Fat el Hombre said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Mate, you need to lose the inferiority complex. Those sneering reds are getting to you.

We haven't won a trophy in years but have a squad which is close to being good enough and unlimited funds. And a vision for the future.

That makes us a magnificent option, very similar to Chelsea when he took over.

I agree that our squad is close to being good enough and we've got a great vision, but it all seems a bit hollow without any trophies to back it up

Yea we're very similar to Chelsea when he took over them, but he wasn't quite regarded as the best manager around then and Chelsea had won trophies in recent years as well as getting about Europe a bit and finishing high up in the prem (2nd when Ranieri was sacked wasn't it?).

I just don't think past trophies have any relevance at all. I would argue the fact that the whole club is craving any trophy would work for us, not against us. If he wins the bloody Carling Cup he'd be a hero. And he was pretty hot property when he came to Chelsea, having just won the European cup with an unfancied team.

The Fat el Hombre said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are the only club in the actual equation which already fits his well-known requested criteria.

He wants to build a dynasty.

He wants carte-blanche, just as Rafa has at Liverpool.

He wants significant funds to achieve his aims.

Have commented before, whether we like it or not, player power rules.

Is all that really well known? Cos as far as I know he's only commented about winning the league in various countries and being very open to an offer form manchester united...

Chances are that we WILL be in the Champions League next season and this could well clinch the deal. As for the other points Tolmie makes...well, let's examine them...

1. He wants to build a dynasty.
He has actually stated this a couple of months ago - hopefully, someone will remember when and where.

2. He wants carte-blanche, just as Rafa has at Liverpool.
It is generally acknowledged that Mourinho works this way and is unlikely to change anytime soon! One of the ONLY reasons he MIGHT want to go to the Rags, but one that would probably be accepted by CITY too.

3. He wants significant funds to achieve his aims.
Which Clubs will offer him this? Real Madrid and CITY.

Manchester City are in the best position to offer everything that Mourinho craves and Mourinho is in the best position to offer what Manchester City crave. I am more than happy if we stick by Mancini as I believe he will bring us honours too. Mourinho is the ONLY other Manager I would contemplate.

Mancini or Mourinho.

Happy with either.

However, we need to stop thinking we are NOT an attractive proposition - it simply is not true. We are now one of the MOST attractive Clubs in the WORLD if you are a Manager and tick all the boxes for a Manager such as Mourinho. Personally, I stand by previous comments I have made on us being a MORE attractive proposition than United for him. Others have given reasons as to why (several times) and it should not be necessary to repeat ad infinitum.

If anything us winning fook all will be more attractive to him as when he does succeed with us then it'll be his name in lights and all his doing.
Everything about City ticks the boxes to fulfill his needs!

I can definitely see why he would want to come to us and I'm sure he is interested. I have no reason to doubt, Tolmie, Dave and Prestwich Blue on this front and if they've heard or been told he's given us the nod then I'm delighted by the prospect (despite defending Mancini, I would take Mourinho over him if it all came down to a straight choice between the two).

My main concern is that we won't know until he walks through the entrance at CoMS and what is stopping him changing his mind at the very last minute and going to Madrid, Liverpool or even United if the opportunity arose?

HOWEVER...under no circumstances would I say that because of this possibility we shouldn't be pulling out all the stops to try and get him.

Either way, I'm happy because I've got faith in Mancini but the prospect of getting Mourinho truly excites me and it would be the only managerial appointment which would really make the world stand up and take notice. He would probably do 5 years max and then move on but so what? It could be the best 5 years of our lives and as that tragic episode outside the ground the other night proves, planning for the long-term isn't always the best plan. Let's take what we can, when we can get it.

Of course, there is the scenario that Mancini takes the Juventus job and then Mourinho changes his mind at the last minute leaving Alan Curbishley in charge for the first game of the season, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Even though we tick all the boxes for Mourinho, we are also a huge risk. It might be a serious dent to Mourinhos CV if he fails to qualify for Champions League or otherwise fails to get good results, which is more likely than in any other club he has managed before.

m27 said:
I can definitely see why he would want to come to us and I'm sure he is interested. I have no reason to doubt, Tolmie, Dave and Prestwich Blue on this front and if they've heard or been told he's given us the nod then I'm delighted by the prospect (despite defending Mancini, I would take Mourinho over him if it all came down to a straight choice between the two).

My main concern is that we won't know until he walks through the entrance at CoMS and what is stopping him changing his mind at the very last minute and going to Madrid, Liverpool or even United if the opportunity arose?

HOWEVER...under no circumstances would I say that because of this possibility we shouldn't be pulling out all the stops to try and get him.

Either way, I'm happy because I've got faith in Mancini but the prospect of getting Mourinho truly excites me and it would be the only managerial appointment which would really make the world stand up and take notice. He would probably do 5 years max and then move on but so what? It could be the best 5 years of our lives and as that tragic episode outside the ground the other night proves, planning for the long-term isn't always the best plan. Let's take what we can, when we can get it.

Of course, there is the scenario that Mancini takes the Juventus job and then Mourinho changes his mind at the last minute leaving Alan Curbishley in charge for the first game of the season, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

City wouldn't let Mancini go anywhere until everything is in place.
I agree with you that it's a Win/Win situation for us in every aspect.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.