Joshua Kimmich

Being connected with Leipzig, Bayern's title rival, is a bizarre inclusion which smacks of a threat more than anything.

Not really, Leipzig are the club which took Kimmich from Stutgart's academy and made him into one of German football's brightest prospects. He won back to back promotions with him, and now they've caught up with him at CL/title challenging level.

If he wants to stay in Germany but isn't happy with Bayern, Leipzig are the obvious choice and only club who could afford him too.

Would be good for him to move on

He's too good to be on the bench but not good enough to command a place in Bayern's starting midfield if that makes sense.

I mean, The Sun and Daily Mail are serious companies too :P

I find SZ to be less reliable than Kicker but better than say, BILD or Sport Bild.

Kicker confirming this rubber stamps it, but it's no guarantee he'll leave and it could be his agent leaked this to get play time assurances or a better deal. Being connected with Leipzig, Bayern's title rival, is a bizarre inclusion which smacks of a threat more than anything.
Have to agree, he's just threatening the board to make him a guaranteed starter. But who knows how far he can go - Bayern have signed Rudy, there are also rumours about Goretzka. I would take any of Kimmich or Goretzka as our DM.

For those asking, such as @City_Sean , Kimmich has said in FFT he feels DM/pivot is his best position.

Not really, Leipzig are the club which took Kimmich from Stutgart's academy and made him into one of German football's brightest prospects. He won back to back promotions with him, and now they've caught up with him at CL/title challenging level.

If he wants to stay in Germany but isn't happy with Bayern, Leipzig are the obvious choice and only club who could afford him too.

I agree, but he's obviously not going to be on the same sort of wage structure as at the other clubs listed as interested, further, Leipzig aren't winning the Bundesliga or CL any time soon. The usual suspects of Barca, Madrid, City, Rags plus Leipzig seems somewhat off.

Regardless, I think if he forces his way to the door and we are genuinely interested, he'd end up here.

Would be good for him to move on

He's too good to be on the bench but not good enough to command a place in Bayern's starting midfield if that makes sense.
IMO, he's good enough to start for any team, but Ancelotti preferred experienced Alonso (old and slow) and Vidal (very thick compared to Kimmich). Pep would play him, no doubt.

Seems a very useful player to have but I have my doubts whether he can stake a claim for a starting place in the team.

Replacing Yaya would be the obvious position for him, but he could also cover RB and central defence or even move into an attacking midfield position.

There's a reason Pep loved the kid so much, he can do anything.

Wasn't he even playing as a number ten earlier on this season.

It's unreal how versatile this lad is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.