Joshua Kimmich

Kimmich is an ideal transfer and even not signing Bruno will be ok for me..

Can play number of positions:
1) RB
2) CDM

Which means that he can either rotate with Walker who is 33 and needs some rest,
but also cover for Rodri at a very decent level, which was our n1 problem last season.

Plus I think he can be used as a RCM or LCM, cause I remember him playing more attacking role in midfield at Bayern, rather than just being a CDM. But that's not an issue cause if needed Rodri can be pushed forward and there are a lot of options..

So he is a very universal player, with great experience and everything that's needed to be up to current City's levels.

And what's more important, I think he will cost somewhere in the region of 50m, which is half price of Bruno.

Hopefully we will sign him, kind of a player that's like injecting a top quality fuel into machine.

If Walker is a nailed-on starter for us next season we aren't serious about winning 5 in a row. That's all I'll say.

If Kyle wants to stay and be a squad player for a season, fine. But the amount of defensive lapses he had last year was inexcusable.
Does Walker start if we come up against Madrid in the semi final again? Not just Vini any more but Mbappe.

He has a big role to play, not just games where we need his pace.

He’s had a bad year no denying but we all know what’s going on and none of us see behind the scenes at the club.

He’s a legend. I would however like to see Kimmich as I’ve always wanted him here. Could cover Rodri, Walker or play alongside Rodri. An ideal signing that takes pressure if Kyle. He’ll stay captain but we are blessed to have such a strong leadership group.

1) RB
2) CDM

Which means that he can either rotate with Walker who is 33 and needs some rest,
but also cover for Rodri at a very decent level, which was our n1 problem last season.

Plus I think he can be used as a RCM or LCM, cause I remember him playing more attacking role in midfield at Bayern, rather than just being a CDM. But that's not an issue cause if needed Rodri can be pushed forward and there are a lot of options..

So he is a very universal player, with great experience and everything that's needed to be up to current City's levels.

And what's more important, I think he will cost somewhere in the region of 50m, which is half price of Bruno.

Hopefully we will sign him, kind of a player that's like injecting a top quality fuel into machine.

What tends to get overlooked is he should be able to slot into a Pep team with minimal/no pre-season. Invaluable in a tournament year.

Does Walker start if we come up against Madrid in the semi final again? Not just Vini any more but Mbappe.

He’s a legend. I would however like to see Kimmich as I’ve always wanted him here. Could cover Rodri, Walker or play alongside Rodri. An ideal signing that takes pressure if Kyle. He’ll stay captain but we are blessed to have such a strong leadership group.
It's a good question. I'm not sure if Walker starts at age 34 against Madrid. He was completely caught out of position and was at fault for the Madrid goal that cost us the match at the Etihad in April. I think I'd prefer Akanji at RB over Walker but that's just how I see it.

And absolutely in agreement that Walks is a City legend. Might not get a statue, but I think he's the best RB to ever kick a ball in the Prem. But Father Time spares no man, and I think we all saw that Kyle is far from what he used to be. It's clearly time to get his replacement in, and we should've done it last window.

Kimmich would be a good stop gap and a good start to this summer window (if you don't count Savinho). And to your final point, I don't think Walks should be captain next season, especially after the nonsense he was saying about Grealish to the press. But I'm also not a City player, so it's up to the team to decide. Would like to see one of KDB, Rodri, or Dias get captaincy for 2024/25.

With Palinha now going to Bayern and them having upgraded the RV area, surely Kimmich is available? Would be staggered if Pep turned it down to be honest
Last I heard, Kimmich is available and would like to join City but the player is also waiting to hear what Pep's future will be. Doesn't want to only play one season under Pep before a new manager comes in, which is understandable.

If Kimmich signs for City before a Pep contract extension is announced, I think it could be seen as positive news for the latter happening. Kimmich signs a 3-4 year contract with City, Pep signs a 1-year extension to complete a decade of managerial dominance with us, and everybody is happy.

Sounds good to me.

1) RB
2) CDM

can't compare him to bruno. kimmich isn't a DM. I have seen him play his whole career. if walker isn't playing RB the only guy with decent pace we have is akanji who, atleast this season, was pushed into midfield often.

kimmichs wages are also exorbitant.

dont get me wrong, kimmich would be a good addition overall but never anywhere as important as bruno who would fill the void we have if rodri isn't avaiable. I'd say if we sell nunes and buy kimmich it would be an upgrade but he isn't the rodri cover we desperately need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.