Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Laporte, give this one a miss and save ourselves €70 odd millions in net transfer fees. Had we received £50-60 bid for Laporte, then that would had been a different story.

Fee we are quoated for Gvardiol €100 Mill
Fee we are quoated for Laporte €30 Mill

The differential is just too big.
Not for me, ideally we sign Gvardiol, we have him for 10 very successful years and let Laporte see out his contract

Keep Laporte, give this one a miss and save ourselves €70 odd millions in net transfer fees. Had we received £50-60 bid for Laporte, then that would had been a different story.

Fee we are quoated for Gvardiol €100 Mill
Fee we are quoated for Laporte €30 Mill

The differential is just too big.
No it isn’t. Laporte is 29yrs and never recovered his pace since his ACL. Whereas Gvardiol is 21yrs with potential to be best in the world. There’s your £70.

it will get done, just before we are due back for pre season, why would we pay his wages whilst hes on holiday,
Why are we paying Kovacics wage when he is on holiday?

The club wants him, you and I don’t know what is going on, if negotiations were done the club would pay the money and complete the deal even if he is still on vacation.

Negotiations are clearly not done that is all, there is no need to bring up vacation and act like you know more than you do.

Why are we paying Kovacics wage when he is on holiday?

The club wants him, you and I don’t know what is going on, if negotiations were done the club would pay the money and complete the deal even if he is still on vacation.

Negotiations are clearly not done that is all, there is no need to bring up vacation and act like you know more than you do.
You obviously want to be very pessimistic, for all you know negotiations could be complete but they don’t want the figures out yet so they have more negotiation power to sign their replacement. Maybe we’re waiting to move Laporte on first as a sign of respect? There are thousands of reasons but you’re only focusing on negative ones.

Relax!

I think liverpool will pay RBs asking price as a vvd replacement next season. If a player is a future top 5 in his position slight overpay (like 5-10m) isn't the worst thing. people said kdb for 54m was overpay, look how that turned out!

Gvardiol was by far the best defender at the world cup and any half decent player is quoted 70-90m these days. thats just the market
I believe I included Liverpool in the list of teams that could buy him.

If there’s a bidding war, Txiki & Co have a decision to make, but I remember the recorded discussion of Khaldoon after VVD’s purchase by Liverpool, where they were dumbfounded by the price paid for him!

City is a world class football team run by world class business people. They’ll not be bullied by anyone and THEY will determine THEIR OWN market for players. We have certainly not “underspent” for players we’ve really wanted, but it’s all been within a larger financial plan. Gvardiol will be no different.

I think liverpool will pay RBs asking price as a vvd replacement next season. If a player is a future top 5 in his position slight overpay (like 5-10m) isn't the worst thing. people said kdb for 54m was overpay, look how that turned out!

Gvardiol was by far the best defender at the world cup and any half decent player is quoted 70-90m these days. thats just the market
One problem. He wants to come to us
Another problem. He wants CL footie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.