Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think the reason for that is? It obviously isn't money, because release clauses often cost more than the reported asking price in these negotiations?
I see it as when we know of a release clause we use that valuation as a take it or leave it. If our valuation of that player is drastically different we don't even bother entering negotiations.

When there isn't one and we are given an asking price we then use our valuation as our limit regardless of how much they are asking for. We will then bid on the assumption that the selling club will drop their valuation. After weeks of assuming they will negotiate down and come to our way of thinking (hence the confidence we have in the deal), they keep to their price (as they should) so we deem them difficult to deal with and walk away wasting 4-6 weeks in the process.

I wouldn't put it past both sides to be tacitly agreed to sit on the deal, so as to fuck about with Lyon, Bayern, PSG, Real, Juve, probably Barca and others. We are quite right to hold the market up. We need to get Bernado and Kyle sorted. Then decide the next move. No point facilitating anyone else's business until it's sorted.

It's over...?

Move on from probably the best young centre half in Europe at 21 years old. Do me a favour! We're talking a 10-12 year career at City. All because of £10mill-£15mill difference in valuation between the clubs or the terms of the payment. When did City get so short sighted and stubborn?
Totally agree. If it was for a player with only 5/6 years left fair enough but this guy could be a mainstay for a decade!

Well I reckon Josko is the illegitimate son of Isco,which is why he wears a mask..and we all know how that ended up on this forum.
Edit... the fling was with a Bulgarian female weighlifting champion ,hence his size

I see it as when we know of a release clause we use that valuation as a take it or leave it. If our valuation of that player is drastically different we don't even bother entering negotiations.

When there isn't one and we are given an asking price we then use our valuation as our limit regardless of how much they are asking for. We will then bid on the assumption that the selling club will drop their valuation. After weeks of assuming they will negotiate down and come to our way of thinking (hence the confidence we have in the deal), they keep to their price (as they should) so we deem them difficult to deal with and walk away wasting 4-6 weeks in the process.
Only a waste of 4-6 weeks if we miss out on alternatives. I don't think we have any alternative to Gvardiol. If we don't get him we stick with what we have. That's okay too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.