Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like when Arsenal bought Rice. Fee agreed but payment terms disputed. Look how long that took!

Payment terms seem to be a bigger thing than they used to be.
Have to agree on this. The world has changed post COVID (look at certain teams scum failing FFP for instance) Clubs would now surely take two views on it:
1. Loads of cash in the bank - hence TH stating they want 90% up front.
2. Staged payments so a steady income.

Going off what they've already done this summer they've sort of ensured a few years income with option 2.
Option 1 is the rainy day fund I suppose.

Just a thought on a Friday afternoon watching the clock in work...............

I know some are saying walk away put money into a different position etc , Pep wants Gvardiol, Pep only wants a player if they improve the team Gvardiol improves us in Peps mind. Trust Pep.

Do we have any evidence that Pep's the one pushing for Gvardiol?

I see it as when we know of a release clause we use that valuation as a take it or leave it. If our valuation of that player is drastically different we don't even bother entering negotiations.

When there isn't one and we are given an asking price we then use our valuation as our limit regardless of how much they are asking for. We will then bid on the assumption that the selling club will drop their valuation. After weeks of assuming they will negotiate down and come to our way of thinking (hence the confidence we have in the deal), they keep to their price (as they should) so we deem them difficult to deal with and walk away wasting 4-6 weeks in the process.
So, there's no point in trying to negotiate any deal?
If it's a release clause - pay the money.
If it's not - pay the money

I mentioned yesterday this may not be City not upholding their side. It makes more sense for Leipzig to be moving the goalposts they are now in a position of strength so why wouldn't they push it they know they can get more for him next year why do they care if he stays another year. If they want they can change things like payments as Tolmie mentioned. The guy from Leipzig said they had expectations that have to be met didn't mention price in the reports I saw. If everything is being sorted in good faith and reports are that the leaks didn't come from City then what difference does that make to the deal. I hope this goes through but we are run by professionals how far do you want them to bend if Leipzig now say they want whatever the release clause is next year for example do we keep playing along?

Only a waste of 4-6 weeks if we miss out on alternatives. I don't think we have any alternative to Gvardiol. If we don't get him we stick with what we have. That's okay too.
And if it was a one off that would be fine but previous windows have been the same but thankfully Pep worked his magic.

Am kinda torn on this now to be honest. I REALLY want him here but depending how the club now feel about having the structure changed may mean we walk possibly?

Sounds like when Arsenal bought Rice. Fee agreed but payment terms disputed. Look how long that took!

Payment terms seem to be a bigger thing than they used to be.
It's got to be to do with inflation and interest rates. An extra £10m up front today is better value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.