Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not really up with the whole keeping up with the Jones' lark but, in keeping with this boycotting things lark that our dickhead neighbours across the Manchester border seem to like.

I propose from this moment on to boycott Red Bull.*

* I have never actually drank Red Bull does it taste like Ben Shaws Dandelion & Burdock, cos that's fucking hanging?

Totally agree. If it was for a player with only 5/6 years left fair enough but this guy could be a mainstay for a decade!
Or he could turn out to not be Super. Defenders are notoriously harder to gauge.

I like Gvardiol personally. And my sense is that he will pan out. But it's not a guarantee. And here is why. He doesn't have unique qualities.

Sure he has great ball skills, and is front footed. But he is not uniquely athletic, fast or strong. He is not intimidatingly big either.

So that means his greatness will have to come from being great at positioning, being aggressive, and developing into a leader. None of those are a given.

So I see why City will hesitate in spite of his levels at 21.

So, there's no point in trying to negotiate any deal?
If it's a release clause - pay the money.
If it's not - pay the money
By all means negotiate assuming you are in and around the asking price. When the valuations are well off as was the case with Kane and Cucurella thats when there is no point in negotiating a deal.

We have already seen this summer where West Ham wanted at least £100mil for Rice. Stated it numerous times, rejected Arsenals bid of £90mil yet we bid £90mil and pull out when its rejected.

It is also allegedly bang on £100m, and they are asking over that now, so depends on what claim you go by.
sorry i don’t get what you mean, they want 100m euros now, that’s about 86m pounds. his release clause will be more than that next year

I am not really up with the whole keeping up with the Jones' lark but, in keeping with this boycotting things lark that our dickhead neighbours across the Manchester border seem to like.

I propose from this moment on to boycott Red Bull.*

* I have never actually drank Red Bull does it taste like Ben Shaws Dandelion & Burdock, cos that's fucking hanging?
No it tastes like Strawberry Calpol the smell of it makes me heave i'll join the boycott!

Move on from probably the best young centre half in Europe at 21 years old. Do me a favour! We're talking a 10-12 year career at City. All because of £10mill-£15mill difference in valuation between the clubs or the terms of the payment. When did City get so short sighted and stubborn?

2014 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.