Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is after last year I think pep wants 5 because of the injury proneness of certain cb. He brought akanji in because he only had 2 fit. He also if possible likes a left footer at lcb.

Tolmie says he's coming in. I don't think we'd be linked to a cb if pep was happy with the 4 that would be left. I think there is an issue at CB because of the injuries we get with stones and Ake in particular.

That might be the case but for me we are likely to see Bernie leave and I also think we should let Gundogan go. We'll need two midfielders and we could do with a winger if we're not going to bring any of the youth players through. Then there's that LB position we still need a solution to. If that's all done then maybe we can go and get Gvardiol.

A solid defender but we have those already. We shouldn't be signing him to play LB. We need a proper LB. We have Ake, Laporte, Akanji, Dias and Stones who can all play CB we don't need Gvardiol. And even if Laporte or Ake leave we can arguably manage without them if we buy a LB. That's a big IF though!
How many genuine leftbacks are there out there who are obtainable, can defend & play Peps football. Pep has won the league playing Delph, Zinc & Cancelo there

That might be the case but for me we are likely to see Bernie leave and I also think we should let Gundogan go. We'll need two midfielders and we could do with a winger if we're not going to bring any of the youth players through. Then there's that LB position we still need a solution to. If that's all done then maybe we can go and get Gvardiol.
i think there will be multiple changes this year i think at least 4. i think a lb, 2 midfielders unless gundo extends and foden gets moved into midfield then it will likley be 1. But also a winger and a lb.... i dont think the gvardiol signing impacts that at all. i think this signing in particular is laporte asking to leave because he wants to play every game.

I think the outgoings of cancelo, bernie and laporte allow us to spend more cash above the 300 million we have set aside already

Archive.ph copy

The Times say he's got a £97m release clause that kicks in 2024, and Chelsea were asked for £70m last summer.

So I think it's fair to guess this will be in the area of £85m.

Last edited:
I think this guys already done to come to city personally. Im Looking forward to seeing him in a city shirt. Its sad that its come at the expense of Laporte although not too fussed we need young blood in that back line with the average age increasing each year. I do think maybe it is time for laporte to move on. Hes a new father can raise his child in his home country near his family and hes not happy when hes not playing which isnt great for squad harmony. I think im just ready for the big refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.