Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously Gus - how can you claim City are failing on the business side?

We’ve just topped the Deloitte Money League tie the second year running, ahead of Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool, United - no club beats us.

It simply lacks basic credibility to try and paint the Club as somehow failing on the commercial side of our operation.

Couple that with also being the most successful Club on the sporting side last season too, and you have to concede we are the best run Club in world football at the moment.

Our Execs are the best in the business - there’s a reason they’re being paid astronomical salaries to do what they do, whilst we’re sat here talking about them on Bluemoon.

They have access to information on the players we’re targeting and the clubs we’re negotiating with that none of us do, and they’ve given us no reason not to trust them.
It’s pretty obvious I am talking about specific transfers.
I also won’t lie and say I haven’t celebrated some our transfer failures in the past as I didn’t want certain players or wanted others instead. But they were still failures

They know the true price by now, it’s the same price as has been publicly stated. 4 years left on his contract, higher release clause next season, already made loads of money this summer, Leipzig aren’t compromising. I still think the deal will get done, but it will be 100m euros as RB Leipzig have stated.
It may come down to how the deal is structured
What bonuses are involved
Loyalty payments to the player etc etc
Many other factors and conditions
What other clubs are involved
Too many factors
Like I say our guys are the best around
I personally think it gets done

I think most people will agree that previous windows we have done well. We have bought mostly early and not been taken for mugs. However, if this window follows the trajectory that it has been doing then it won't be a good one. We are struggling to bring in Peps target and after everything he's done for this club we should go all out for his targets. There is 2 and a half weeks to go and we still have players that haven't decided if they are staying or going. We are quite frankly a body short in midfield, don't have a replacement for Mahrez and don't even have an assistant coach for Pep yet. This could all change pretty fast and I hope it does, but once again following the trajectory so far it's very much less than ideal.

He is an England regular? He was part of the team that got us to the Euro final and apart from injuries would've played in the World Cup?

He's been injured for most of his time here and not played much, and I'm not sure what anyone can do about that. But I think £45m for an England international who's better than Rice is decent business. Is he as good as Rodri? No - no one is. But he's got enough about him for the club to buy him.

I’m not replying in-depth because I think you’re right on every point. I not replying in-depth because discussing Philips would take the thread off topic. Sorry.

It’s pretty obvious I am talking about specific transfers.
I also won’t lie and say I haven’t celebrated some our transfer failures in the past as I didn’t want certain players or wanted others instead. But they were still failures
Name me one club that hasn`t had any transfer failures.Besides City !!

Leipzig has made it clear from the start they would only sell Gvardiol if it were to become the biggest CB transfer ever, that’s where the £86M number comes from
Seems a bit childish boasting about getting the highest transfer fee.
The boy with the biggest mickey doesn't always get the best looking girl.

How did we end up with Pep ?
Oh yes the execs negotiated a deal with him

The first chapter of the book about Pep at City is about how we had to promise we would build him a mansion in the middle of Manchester to persuade him to come. There was not much negotiating involved, let's be honest. We gave him everything he asked for and would've given even more if he needed us to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.