Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leipzig has made it clear from the start they would only sell Gvardiol if it were to become the biggest CB transfer ever, that’s where the £86M number comes from
Do you believe everything you read in the papers ?
Do you think Leipzig and city tell journalists everything ?
Do you think certain things are leaked to aide negotiations
Could we be willing to pay £86 million but are just arguing over the terms or added bonuses ?
Could there be other factors involved ?
Do you think a 100 euro million deal plus wages is a complex thing ?

I reckon all of the above and more for what it’s worth

It’s pretty obvious I am talking about specific transfers.
I also won’t lie and say I haven’t celebrated some our transfer failures in the past as I didn’t want certain players or wanted others instead. But they were still failures

Ok - so you didn’t mean City are failing on the business side, but that we’re failing on the business side of transfers?

I’d still argue against that too, if you look at our net spend - not that I personally give a shit about that stat, but it’s the best metric to measure the success or otherwise of the commercial side of transfer dealings.

The reality is people don’t like the fact we have a price and stick to it. It’s not much ‘fun’ as a transfer strategy, and people get impatient.

They see clubs like United, Arsenal and Chelsea paying whatever the selling club wants, getting deals done quickly, and want us to do the same.

And when we don’t, it gets branded as a failure.

That simply isn’t how City operate - and if you look at our incredible, unrivalled success both on and off the pitch, I just don’t see how you can credibly argue that our approach isn’t the best around.

Its incredibly successful. It’s just it’s sometimes a bit boring and frustrating for us as fans.

Then negotiated a deal
They are top drawer too many factors in any deal
Look how the club had been turned around and progressed
Similar spending to Utd Liverpool and Arsenal etc etc
However a bigger trophy haul and a bigger profit margin all for a lower net spend
Therefore means they are the best in the business
Or maybe it means that we have the best manager ever. I am not saying our business side is bad, but with Pep everything is way easier.

You don't get your primary target? No worries, Pep will figure out a new formation or will improve the 3rd option you got him.

Selling players is hard? No worries, Pep improves every player and he doesn't like unhappy players, so we will sell good assets which are much easier to sell for good prices.

Want to grow the brand? No worries Pep has the best ratio of titles/season of any manager which facilitates growing your business a lot.

As I said, our business side is good, but Pep has made everything much easier. You would have to actually suck in business to not grow exponentially when Pep is your manager.

Last edited:
Do you believe everything you read in the papers ?
Do you think Leipzig and city tell journalists everything ?
Do you think certain things are leaked to aide negotiations
Could we be willing to pay £86 million but are just arguing over the terms or added bonuses ?
Could there be other factors involved ?
Do you think a 100 euro million deal plus wages is a complex thing ?

I reckon all of the above and more for what it’s worth
I certainly hope it gets done. We have been negotiating it for awhile and I don’t think it was expected that this wouldn’t have been resolved by now. The longer it goes on, the more dangerous it becomes
As for the price, this is no secret, their CEO has said so in interviews.

Seems a bit childish boasting about getting the highest transfer fee.
The boy with the biggest mickey doesn't always get the best looking girl.
It’s what happens when they don’t need to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.