Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
They looked to introduce an identity from youth squad to the first team and wanted to replicate what had been a very successful model at Barcelona with La Masia - utilising the Ajax/Cruyff philosophy. Guardiola was already an incredibly successful manager who had done wonders within that system at Barca, then was superb at Bayern.

Every system change and managerial appointment can be viewed as a gamble, and success is never guaranteed, but Pep is as near a guarantee for success you can get in football. It's a bit of a stretch to view it as a 'huge' gamble.
Absolutely right. I used the word 'huge' in relation to the unbelievable amount of money that the owners invested simply to get Pep to join the club.

It was a huge amount to gamble.

I don’t know where to start with this post, so I won’t.

Just to say I had to read it twice to make sure it said what I thought it did. It was worse the second time. Oh god what is happening in this thread.

This is what happens when we don’t sign anyone for a bit.

@tolmie's hairdoo I know nothing is happening right now but just make some shit up will you. We can sort out the details later.
Isn't Tolm on his hols up North atm?

Absolutely right. I used the word 'huge' in relation to the unbelievable amount of money that the owners invested simply to get Pep to join the club.

Are you aware of all the other investments our owner makes?

Last edited:

It was the nearest thing possible to a racing cert.

But You quite rightly say correctly it's who they replace Pep with that will determine just how good they are.

That is going to be one hell of a task and if the club continue dominating it will be an incredible achievement.

That's because you don't have an open mind. You only hear what you want to hear.

There's idealists and there's realists. History tells us that this ride won't last forever. Pep's not staying much longer, and the owners may opt take the same route, particularly if the Saudi League takes off. Enjoy it while you can.
It’s how you think we got here not what might happen in the future that’s the problem.

Money is nice but it’s useless without intelligence. There is your history lesson.

1690215670144.gif

Last edited:
That's because you don't have an open mind. You only hear what you want to hear.

There's idealists and there's realists. History tells us that this ride won't last forever. Pep's not staying much longer, and the owners may opt take the same route, particularly if the Saudi League takes off. Enjoy it while you can.
Think that might go for more than one poster in this thread ;-)

If you actually read about their plans and what they did and why they did it they came with a plan to replicate the good elements of what Barca did and to expand it - the whole CFG plan was one they had when they were at Barca, however the idea was rejected mainly because Barca have this ridiculous elected president system and (rather like government) are only incentivised by short term thinking. They wanted Pep because he is and was the best in the world and they had worked with him and knew what he brought.

With every plan it came with risks but it has clearly worked and very well. The structure of the club is now one which will undoubtedly go forward. The cycles of the rags, arsenal, Barca etc has been because they have owners which are not looking to the long term benefit of the business, but guided by their own personal ambitions.

I'd say we currently have the best in the football world and are first and foremostly business men and rather good ones, our owner bailed out Barclays in the banking crisis and made a fortune when he sold back out (unlike the UK government who lost a fortune). Their contemporaries have followed them to invest in the UK so not sure why you think the owners are only here because of Pep.

Your post massively underestimates the talent that has got the club to where it is today.

But that's all probably only because i don't have an open mind and i only hear what i want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.