Jovetic pulls a hamstring for Montenegro

cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:
I'd say we are two points behind where you thought we would be.
We're three behind where we should be, all lost against Stoke, however if you'd said we'd have 7 points from our first 4 games, given we had to play the champions at home and arsenal, I'd have taken it.

Win next Sunday, and 10 from 5 games, having already played the other three from last years top four, would imho be a fantastic start, especially if we throw Bayern away into the mix.

Agree with this, I'm just gutted about the Stoke result, but I suppose it's now in the past. We can always get the three points back by beating Sunderland away ;)

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:
I'd say we are two points behind where you thought we would be.
We're three behind where we should be, all lost against Stoke, however if you'd said we'd have 7 points from our first 4 games, given we had to play the champions at home and arsenal, I'd have taken it.

Win next Sunday, and 10 from 5 games, having already played the other three from last years top four, would imho be a fantastic start, especially if we throw Bayern away into the mix.

Agree with this, I'm just gutted about the Stoke result, but I suppose it's now in the past. We can always get the three points back by beating Sunderland away ;)

If we beat Sunderland at home we'd be 2 points up on last year so if we end up only taking 1 from Chelsea over the two games, which is unlikely, we would cancel out the points dropped to Stoke compared to last year.

Ah shit, just realised, we're going to have to make up 6 compared to last year from the rags because they beat QPR 4-0 today and are clearly on track for the quadruple.

I Hart Man City said:
cleavers said:

If we beat Sunderland at home we'd be 2 points up on last year so if we end up only taking 1 from Chelsea over the two games, which is unlikely, we would cancel out the points dropped to Stoke compared to last year.

Ah shit, just realised, we're going to have to make up 6 compared to last year from the rags because they beat QPR 4-0 today and are clearly on track for the quadruple.

Even if the rags won every game from now until the end of the season 900-nil they would still not be able to win the quadruple

Kippax Street 1880 said:
I Hart Man City said:

Even if the rags won every game from now until the end of the season 900-nil they would still not be able to win the quadruple
Oh yes they can. Every trophy they can win is worth twice anything anybody else can win because they do it the united way with young home grown players that have not cost a fortune. Not buying a trophy make it twice as valuable.

uwe rosler 28 said:
So is jovetic in the squad for wednesday or has changed to another rag thread?

They haven't announced the squad yet, but I think it's highly unlikely that Jovetic will be in it.

Ric said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

They haven't announced the squad yet, but I think it's highly unlikely that Jovetic will be in it.

Do they even need to announce the squad? We've got 21 players registered, surely that's the squad? If Jovetic is injured and unavailable why give Bayern the heads up by telling them a day or so in advance?

Matty said:
Ric said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

Do they even need to announce the squad? We've got 21 players registered, surely that's the squad? If Jovetic is injured and unavailable why give Bayern the heads up by telling them a day or so in advance?

I don't think there's a formal announcement as such, but Pellegrini will do a press conference tomorrow where he's asked about injured players.

When Pellegrini was asked about injuries before the Arsenal game he said Jovetic was out and Fernando needed 2 more weeks

The implication is that Jovetic is less than 2 weeks?

Could do with being able to rotate the 3 forwards over 3 big games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.