Jovetic pulls a hamstring for Montenegro

Marvin said:
When Pellegrini was asked about injuries before the Arsenal game he said Jovetic was out and Fernando needed 2 more weeks

The implication is that Jovetic is less than 2 weeks?

Could do with being able to rotate the 3 forwards over 3 big games

He was asked whether Fernando would miss the three games in a week IIRC and he said yes, he'd be out for two weeks, when asked whether Jovetic would make any of the three games this week he said "we'll see".

So i guess we'll see, but yeah I'd say more likely Chelsea than Bayern.

I doubt he would play on Sunday anyway. His performance against Stoke was poor to say the least. He didn't seem to like the physical side of it and Chelsea are in that bracket.

For me we set up with 5 supporting Aguero.

Playing 2 in midfield against Chelsea is asking for a defeat.

Jovetic much better as an impact sub in a game like this. Like last year when he created a few chances including a bending shot at the death.

lasereyes said:
Jovetic much better as an impact sub in a game like this. Like last year when he created a few chances including a bending shot at the death.
I preferred the one where he started and scored in the first ten minutes. For me if he's fit he starts, best player so far this season.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I doubt he would play on Sunday anyway. His performance against Stoke was poor to say the least. He didn't seem to like the physical side of it and Chelsea are in that bracket.

For me we set up with 5 supporting Aguero.

Playing 2 in midfield against Chelsea is asking for a defeat.

Paying a single striker at home is a different kettle of fish to doing it away. Away from home its all about catching the opposition on the break. A single striker playing against undermanned defense can do that. But when we've played that system at home against greater defensive numbers the single striker has tended to become isolated. We don't get the players in support quickly enough. Generally we need the second striker to stretch the defense, drag defenders out of position.

aguero93:20 said:
lasereyes said:
I preferred the one where he started and scored in the first ten minutes. For me if he's fit he starts, best player so far this season.

agreed. not everything comes of for stevan but he`s always looking for flicks, tricks and always looking to get on the ball.

80% of our games will be ones where we're playing on the edge of the penalty area.

You need clever players like him to create chances and with Aguero nearing 100% this is the partnership that will should work best for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.