Jovetic pulls a hamstring for Montenegro

Ivan Radovic, Montenegro’s press officer, told the Guardian. “Yes, Stevan Jovetic has a hamstring injury and had returned to City. He can’t play today [against Moldova]. All I know is that he is unavailable for this game. He suffered the problem in training on Sunday, trying to catch a faster ball.”

Marvin said:
Ivan Radovic, Montenegro’s press officer, told the Guardian. “Yes, Stevan Jovetic has a hamstring injury and had returned to City. He can’t play today [against Moldova]. All I know is that he is unavailable for this game. He suffered the problem in training on Sunday, trying to catch a faster ball.”

Going to be at least a couple of weeks, I would have thought. Think he'll be discounted from the big 3 games coming up.

Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:

Going to be at least a couple of weeks, I would have thought. Think he'll be discounted from the big 3 games coming up.

Seems a sensible, depressing predictable, and fucking typical, assessment.

Matty said:
Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:

It is like we are cursed at times. I am thinking for example about Fernandino getting crocked hours before our home game to Chelsea last season. Or likewise Vinny only hours before the bloody Anfield game (I know he played, but he was crocked nevertheless). I know all teams have to manage their way around injuries, but It seems we can hardly go into a big game these days without key players missing.

Chippy_boy said:
Matty said:
Rammy Blue said:

It is like we are cursed at times. I am thinking for example about Fernandino getting crocked hours before our home game to Chelsea last season. Or likewise Vinny only hours before the bloody Anfield game (I know he played, but he was crocked nevertheless). I know all teams have to manage their way around injuries, but It seems we can hardly go into a big game these days without key players missing.
Always get a few injuries around internationals - Liverpool, Arsenal Chelsea all have problems. Probably worse than ours, but there's a 2nd round of games coming up now

Chippy_boy said:
Matty said:
Rammy Blue said:

FFS, Just remind me who are the current Champions of English Football and Capital One Cup holders?

Do people seriously expect that our squad of 25 players are all going to go through a full season and none of them pick up any injuries?

It's football, it's just a game, it's rarely life or death (see below) and whether our players get injuries or not the world keeps spinning, we all get older and City of the future will still be here with its future players getting injuries too!

Everyone bemoanung Jovetic's muscke tweak as if it's a catastrophic disaster whist in our history we've seen Trautmann brake his neck and a player called David Jones die from Lockjaw as a result if injuries sustained whilst playing for City!

In short, players get injured, it's not a curse or conspiracy, get over it!

Think the bleating is mainly because of the Negredo sale and Jovetic's history.

Pretty sad the level of bedwetting though. Rags have 8 out or doubtful for next match (has been as high as 10) and our opponents are without Giroud and Walcott and maybe Ramsey and Ozil.

So far we just have Jovetic, maybe Fernando and just possibly Zab doubtful.

Frustrating but not exactly a calamity.

Deepest Blue said:

Pretty sad the level of bedwetting though. Rags have 8 out or doubtful for next match (has been as high as 10) and our opponents are without Giroud and Walcott and maybe Ramsey and Ozil.

Zab came back on after his " clash with Podolski " so given his record I would be surprised if he isn't available.

He would probably have played for Argentina again if they had another friendly this week.

Very little news about Fernando as well which could be a good sign.

Deepest Blue said:

Also depends on Yaya's & Fernandinho's condition on Saturday after they get back from internationals in the early hours of Friday morning
and of course Kompany's recovery. Worst case of six out for the three of the biggest games of the season would be pretty calamitous.
Let's hope most are OK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.