Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata.

Haha this is brilliant. Sure he's a decent player but if they have bought him instead of Modric then that's great news for us. Modric is twice the player of Mata and for €28m they have way over paid!

I'm going to put my neck on the line with Mata and say that the premier league is going to be very surprised at just how average he is.

EDIT: Just seen that Ballague (bullshitter anyway) reckons that they're going after Modric as well. Good luck to them but Mata is still nowhere near worth €28m.

ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:
The Guardian are reporting that Mata is heading for Chelsea this weekend.

Well whoever gets hold of him will have a player on their hands , he is quality and in a team like Chelsea he will either get even better , or will struggle with competition . But I am predicting big things from Mata , he has pace , skill and he can finish , everything you want in a wide player. Chelsea will be lucky to get him , but not at the price they're paying . 20 million is reasonable , he is still young and not the finished article , but they are talking about 27-29 million , he is nowhere near that price bracket.

Blue Elmo said:
ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:

Well whoever gets hold of him will have a player on their hands , he is quality and in a team like Chelsea he will either get even better , or will struggle with competition . But I am predicting big things from Mata , he has pace , skill and he can finish , everything you want in a wide player. Chelsea will be lucky to get him , but not at the price they're paying . 20 million is reasonable , he is still young and not the finished article , but they are talking about 27-29 million , he is nowhere near that price bracket.
agree with all this mate!! smacks alitlle of desperation on chelseas behalf that they are paying about £8-9m over the odds at the moment but for long term he`ll be a bargain!!

The fee being reported in Spain is £23 million with £ 2 million in addons. (or approx 29 million euros)

Chelsea are not overpaying at all IMO. Quality player at a bargain price plus they stopped arsenal getting him.

Blue Elmo said:
ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:

disagree completely re the price - they are talking 29M EUROS max, say £25M, I would say he is a steal at that price

mcfc1632 said:
southern muppet said:
Just a general point - not really in response specifically to your post but people (mainly the Media) go on about how good the scum team/squad is - I know I am biased but I just cannot see it

Their defence:

De Gea (spelling) - Bit of a reckless / desperate move there could be another Taibi - and no real back up

RB - Rafael - well rough diamond at best - would be nowhere near our first team and backup is a CB unproven in this postion

LB - Evra has been world class - certainly top 3 although he had an indifferent season lsat season - but OK lets say good player - back-up is that Fabio muppet

CB - sorry for me camelface has always been over-rated and only gets all his England caps because he plays for the scum. But even if my view is wrong his fitness shows he is shot away and getting worse - missed more than half of the last 2 seasons

Vidic - living on past reputation IMO and needs the bias of referees to get away with all the fouling and shirt-pulling he relies on to stop opponents - and again getting injury prone

Back-up is Evans (I hope so 'cos he is shit) and 2 youngsters - FFS all this wanking over Jones - unproven largely - may be something but high risk

So defensively compare their squad - to ours - we are streets ahead

MF - all this wanking over Cleverley is sickening - he was a loanee last season and hardly set the world alight - yes he had a good game in the CS - but come on!!! and his partner? Anderson?? scum fans have been slagging him off for ages. Beyond that they have a bunch of wide men.

In the wide men they are pretty strong - but what about DM/CM again our squad is waaaay better

And in attack well Rooney will be lauded as a world star - but he was indeed absolute shite last season until that shinned goal - but lets assume that he will be now back to his best. Then there is that little mexican - was his 1st half season a flash in the pan? - lets assume not (although I am not convinced) after him Welbeck??

Again compared to our options they are waaaay behind us.

IF baconface's magic fails - or more likely if opposing team forget all the reputation bollocks and attack them - their squad / results could crumble

We are way ahead of them - I just hope that they do not buy Sneijder - that would be a massive boost for them

This is a bluetinted view. It lacks impartiality and thus it is unreliable. Just call it as you see it.
GK: Hart over De Gea no issues.

RB: It seems the starter is the Smalling and not Ralpie. Both bring different qualities and both are great prospects. We saw Smallings capacity in the CS. I still think we are better overall with Micah and Zab, but they bring offensive qualities to the game that is superior to ours (both Smalls and Ralphi)

LB: Evra and Fabio- This on this face looks like a United is stronger, but I our leftback combo better, personally. So a tie for me.

CD: Claiming they are injury prone is a copout. Until last season Komps was allways injured for us too, So same claim can be levied. As per talent and cohesion their Center 4 is just superior to ours. Vidic, Camel, Jones and Evans is just a superior quartet at the moment to Kompany, Lescott, Kolo and Savic/Boyatta.

Midfield: SInce we play different formations it is hard to directly compare. We might have a better player, but their player does a better job for them since he doesn't have similar duties. I'd say we are overall superior here, even thought they tend to play better in midfield. So take our superiority with a grain of salt.

Wide: They are superior, no questions

Forwards: Rooney, Berba, Chickpea, Welbeck, not as talented as Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli. But certainly way more accomplished. So until we prove it on the field. This too stays a tie.

The teams are close, that is just how it is gonna be. No point worrying about it. We will get our chance

Dax777 said:
This is a bluetinted view. It lacks impartiality and thus it is unreliable. Just call it as you see it.
GK: Hart over De Gea no issues.

RB: It seems the starter is the Smalling and not Ralpie. Both bring different qualities and both are great prospects. We saw Smallings capacity in the CS. I still think we are better overall with Micah and Zab, but they bring offensive qualities to the game that is superior to ours (both Smalls and Ralphi)

LB: Evra and Fabio- This on this face looks like a United is stronger, but I our leftback combo better, personally. So a tie for me.

CD: Claiming they are injury prone is a copout. Until last season Komps was allways injured for us too, So same claim can be levied. As per talent and cohesion their Center 4 is just superior to ours. Vidic, Camel, Jones and Evans is just a superior quartet at the moment to Kompany, Lescott, Kolo and Savic/Boyatta.

Midfield: SInce we play different formations it is hard to directly compare. We might have a better player, but their player does a better job for them since he doesn't have similar duties. I'd say we are overall superior here, even thought they tend to play better in midfield. So take our superiority with a grain of salt.

Wide: They are superior, no questions

Forwards: Rooney, Berba, Chickpea, Welbeck, not as talented as Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli. But certainly way more accomplished. So until we prove it on the field. This too stays a tie.

The teams are close, that is just how it is gonna be. No point worrying about it. We will get our chance

Sorry but this is a completely defunct argument. Evra and Rafael would never make it into our team and Micah and Kolarov wouldn't make it into theirs. We're a different squad. You can't make analogous comparisons. Yaya and Silva would unlikely make it into their squad yet Nani and Scholes wouldn't have made it into ours......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.