Juan Mata (Merged)

Actually your both wrong as it is better to look at how our forwards would do against their defence and visa versa, how our midfielders would sort would sort theirs out etc. Also how each manager would set their side out.

Whoops forgot to put a :)

Re: Juan Mata.

jay_mcfc said:
Haha this is brilliant. Sure he's a decent player but if they have bought him instead of Modric then that's great news for us. Modric is twice the player of Mata and for €28m they have way over paid!

I'm going to put my neck on the line with Mata and say that the premier league is going to be very surprised at just how average he is.

EDIT: Just seen that Ballague (bullshitter anyway) reckons that they're going after Modric as well. Good luck to them but Mata is still nowhere near worth €28m.
We don't know that for a fact. The only thing we know is that they are both talented players. When Mata gets here and starts to play, we will know if he was overrated or not.

My guess, is he;d probably shine like Silva, Yaya, VDV and Aguero before him. It seems La Liga players almost always come to the Prem and shine. Perhaps the prem is slightly overrated.

Dax777 said:
We don't know that for a fact. The only thing we know is that they are both talented players. When Mata gets here and starts to play, we will know if he was overrated or not.

My guess, is he;d probably shine like Silva, Yaya, VDV and Aguero before him. It seems La Liga players almost always come to the Prem and shine. Perhaps the prem is slightly overrated.

I'm putting my neck on the line with Mata and saying he really is not that good. I watched Valencia at the Mestalla about 10 times last season and he just doesn't do it for me. It might be a case of him performing better in a better Chelsea team because Valencia are a pretty poor side despite their 3rd place finish but tbh I'm pretty happy he's not coming to us. I also think it would be a huge mistake if Chelsea signed him instead of Modric.

jay_mcfc said:
Dax777 said:

I'm putting my neck on the line with Mata and saying he really is not that good. I watched Valencia at the Mestalla about 10 times last season and he just doesn't do it for me. It might be a case of him performing better in a better Chelsea team because Valencia are a pretty poor side despite their 3rd place finish but tbh I'm pretty happy he's not coming to us. I also think it would be a huge mistake if Chelsea signed him instead of Modric.

i do think he is over rated, but may still develop and prosper at chelski. again id be more worried if they has signed luka modric

jay_mcfc said:
Dax777 said:

I'm glad someone else has posted this because I've seen the lad a few times and he strikes me as being a promising young player and nothing more. Nasri, Modric and Sneijder would all be much better signings imo.

The wheels have fallen off the wagon at Chelsea IMO. Buying Torres gave the 50 million pounds of headache. They can't play possession with him. He truly isn't the kind of player that can play all three forward lines which is why he fell out with Spain. He can drop into midfield, yes, but not even like Shrek.

Chelsea are too old to compete for honors. Ashley Cole has lost a step. Bosingwa is a nightmare defence-wise. Modric is going no where. This is a media wind up like no other. They may get Mata but their problems are personnel that doesn't match the style.

johnny crossan said:
Balague is apparently tweeting Mata deal done £28m to Chelsea - Modric to follow

Chelsea clearly don't have Brian 'the genius' Marwood working on their deals!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.