Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata.

Soulboy said:
tonea2003 said:
Soulboy said:
I'm sure the rags and Liverpool are alraedy ahead of us this close season... and Chelsea will top us if Mata and Modric sign.

So we're not even in the top 3 in England at the moment!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/statistiken/startseite/transfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stati ... sfers.html</a>

But that doesn't take into account the £15m we received for Boateng and Given.

It's always net cost that matters...

of course it is we are pretty level with liverpool but we will blow them out of the water when we spend again 30 plus mill,
we might get a few quid here and there for crocky etc but unless chelsea go crazy in the next week or so we will be the highest spenders again

Juan Mata.

MCFC BOB said:
Chelsea. Done deal. £28m.

Guillem Ballague on Twitter.

Mata move 2 Chelsea closer. It's a matter of hours. Clubs agreed fee, personal terms agreed too. He's very much looking 4ward to it

good to have 3 mata threads. this one was opened after the original thread was updated with the Marca report.

southern muppet said:
richards30 said:
Ntini77 said:
I still feel we have the best squad in the league.
i think when we get nasri we`ve as good a squad as anyone else but if chelsea get mata and modric they will be very strong bud. after that its all about tactics and how the players respond to the managers setup.

Yeah I don't think it's about squad quality any more, all the top 3 have very strong squads, and United probably have the weakest on paper of those 3 (containing plenty of players who would be shite/average anywhere else under a lesser manager) but are still favourites for the title. It's about the mentality, coaching and how the players work as a unit. That's why this season is a real test of Mancini.

Just a general point - not really in response specifically to your post but people (mainly the Media) go on about how good the scum team/squad is - I know I am biased but I just cannot see it

Their defence:

De Gea (spelling) - Bit of a reckless / desperate move there could be another Taibi - and no real back up

RB - Rafael - well rough diamond at best - would be nowhere near our first team and backup is a CB unproven in this postion

LB - Evra has been world class - certainly top 3 although he had an indifferent season lsat season - but OK lets say good player - back-up is that Fabio muppet

CB - sorry for me camelface has always been over-rated and only gets all his England caps because he plays for the scum. But even if my view is wrong his fitness shows he is shot away and getting worse - missed more than half of the last 2 seasons

Vidic - living on past reputation IMO and needs the bias of referees to get away with all the fouling and shirt-pulling he relies on to stop opponents - and again getting injury prone

Back-up is Evans (I hope so 'cos he is shit) and 2 youngsters - FFS all this wanking over Jones - unproven largely - may be something but high risk

So defensively compare their squad - to ours - we are streets ahead

MF - all this wanking over Cleverley is sickening - he was a loanee last season and hardly set the world alight - yes he had a good game in the CS - but come on!!! and his partner? Anderson?? scum fans have been slagging him off for ages. Beyond that they have a bunch of wide men.

In the wide men they are pretty strong - but what about DM/CM again our squad is waaaay better

And in attack well Rooney will be lauded as a world star - but he was indeed absolute shite last season until that shinned goal - but lets assume that he will be now back to his best. Then there is that little mexican - was his 1st half season a flash in the pan? - lets assume not (although I am not convinced) after him Welbeck??

Again compared to our options they are waaaay behind us.

IF baconface's magic fails - or more likely if opposing team forget all the reputation bollocks and attack them - their squad / results could crumble

We are way ahead of them - I just hope that they do not buy Sneijder - that would be a massive boost for them

Re: Juan Mata is a must

COULD WALCOTT BE NEXT TO HEAD FOR CITY?

Such is the quality of the squad at Roberto Mancini’s disposal that some stellar names will not be included in Manchester City’s 25-man Premier League squad, yet the Italian remains openly dissatisfied about the team’s readiness to challenge on four fronts this season.
While the eventual completion of Samir Nasri’s switch from Arsenal will partly soothe Mancini, he is also hankering after an explosive wide player.

After losing out to Barcelona in the race to sign Alexis Sanchez, City enquired about Tottenham right-winger Aaron Lennon, but Spurs were only willing to do a deal had they lined up Juan Mata as a replacement.

There have been whispers about a sensational swoop for Theo Walcott, who has entered the final two years of his Arsenal contract, but City executives have denied they will pursue a move this window.

With Shaun Wright-Phillips on his way out of Etihad Stadium and Mancini yet to be convinced by Adam Johnson, it is one to watch.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/20/2627339/the-sweeper-hawkeye-and-swiss-timing-among-10-companies-battling-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... -battling-</a>

Peteri said:

Such is the quality of the squad at Roberto Mancini’s disposal that some stellar names will not be included in Manchester City’s 25-man Premier League squad, yet the Italian remains openly dissatisfied about the team’s readiness to challenge on four fronts this season.
While the eventual completion of Samir Nasri’s switch from Arsenal will partly soothe Mancini, he is also hankering after an explosive wide player.

After losing out to Barcelona in the race to sign Alexis Sanchez, City enquired about Tottenham right-winger Aaron Lennon, but Spurs were only willing to do a deal had they lined up Juan Mata as a replacement.

There have been whispers about a sensational swoop for Theo Walcott, who has entered the final two years of his Arsenal contract, but City executives have denied they will pursue a move this window.

With Shaun Wright-Phillips on his way out of Etihad Stadium and Mancini yet to be convinced by Adam Johnson, it is one to watch.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/20/2627339/the-sweeper-hawkeye-and-swiss-timing-among-10-companies-battling-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... -battling-</a>
Sensational? Really?

Peteri said:

Can't see it

richards30 said:
tonea2003 said:
richards30 said:
exactly mate but most people did state that this would be the last window to really flash the cash for most clubs before tightening the belts but at the minute i`m happy we`ve not spent so much and have been shrewd in the market? would have loved mata though as he is a gem of a player already and could play both wings so his ability to adapt to several positions would have made him a perfect signing!

interesting perspective mate seeing as we are the third highest spenders in europe so far and likely to be top come the nasri and a n other signings
but we`ve brought the net spend down as we sold boateng for about £11m? and shay for £3.5-4m? so them deals paid for savic and clichy then we`ve got the aguero deal at £35m so thats what we`ve spent so far.sorry mate should have explained it better first off!! :-)

no probs mate
net spend at the end of the window i'll be amazed if we are not in the top 3
which brings me back to my interesting perspective point

tonea2003 said:
Soulboy said:
tonea2003 said:
interesting perspective mate seeing as we are the third highest spenders in europe so far and likely to be top come the nasri and a n other signings

I'm sure the rags and Liverpool are alraedy ahead of us this close season... and Chelsea will top us if Mata and Modric sign.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/statistiken/startseite/transfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stati ... sfers.html</a>
I think that's wrong. We didn't buy Aguero for £39.5m.

mcfc1632 said:
southern muppet said:
richards30 said:
i think when we get nasri we`ve as good a squad as anyone else but if chelsea get mata and modric they will be very strong bud. after that its all about tactics and how the players respond to the managers setup.

Yeah I don't think it's about squad quality any more, all the top 3 have very strong squads, and United probably have the weakest on paper of those 3 (containing plenty of players who would be shite/average anywhere else under a lesser manager) but are still favourites for the title. It's about the mentality, coaching and how the players work as a unit. That's why this season is a real test of Mancini.

Just a general point - not really in response specifically to your post but people (mainly the Media) go on about how good the scum team/squad is - I know I am biased but I just cannot see it

Their defence:

De Gea (spelling) - Bit of a reckless / desperate move there could be another Taibi - and no real back up

RB - Rafael - well rough diamond at best - would be nowhere near our first team and backup is a CB unproven in this postion

LB - Evra has been world class - certainly top 3 although he had an indifferent season lsat season - but OK lets say good player - back-up is that Fabio muppet

CB - sorry for me camelface has always been over-rated and only gets all his England caps because he plays for the scum. But even if my view is wrong his fitness shows he is shot away and getting worse - missed more than half of the last 2 seasons

Vidic - living on past reputation IMO and needs the bias of referees to get away with all the fouling and shirt-pulling he relies on to stop opponents - and again getting injury prone

Back-up is Evans (I hope so 'cos he is shit) and 2 youngsters - FFS all this wanking over Jones - unproven largely - may be something but high risk

So defensively compare their squad - to ours - we are streets ahead

MF - all this wanking over Cleverley is sickening - he was a loanee last season and hardly set the world alight - yes he had a good game in the CS - but come on!!! and his partner? Anderson?? scum fans have been slagging him off for ages. Beyond that they have a bunch of wide men.

In the wide men they are pretty strong - but what about DM/CM again our squad is waaaay better

And in attack well Rooney will be lauded as a world star - but he was indeed absolute shite last season until that shinned goal - but lets assume that he will be now back to his best. Then there is that little mexican - was his 1st half season a flash in the pan? - lets assume not (although I am not convinced) after him Welbeck??

Again compared to our options they are waaaay behind us.

IF baconface's magic fails - or more likely if opposing team forget all the reputation bollocks and attack them - their squad / results could crumble

We are way ahead of them - I just hope that they do not buy Sneijder - that would be a massive boost for them

Ferguson is the best manager in the league though by far, which is why he took a pretty 'average squad' last season to the fa cup semi's, pl title and cl final.
Any other manager wouldn't have done as well with that manchester united team.

MCFC BOB said:
tonea2003 said:
Soulboy said:

I think that's wrong. We didn't buy Aguero for £39.5m.

thought it was 38m euros?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.