Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Forget 20m+ on Mata.

We should be looking at Munian. Probably available around the same price but is younger and looks class.

Juan Mata is a must

CTID101 said:
Forget 20m+ on Mata.

We should be looking at Munian. Probably available around the same price but is younger and looks class.

Looks like Weiss did when he started out

so he's impressively both outside and centrally. Reminds me of another Spaniard we're all familiar with.

btw - would suck if he went to Liverpool, the movement between Mata and Suarez would tear teams to shreds.

CTID101 said:
Forget 20m+ on Mata.

Muniain is a fantastic talent,we have been linked with him in the past.

Dec 2009.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/12/13/1684728/athletic-bilbao-talent-iker-muniain-a-target-for-manchester-city-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/20 ... ster-city-</a>

Athletic Bilbao Talent Iker Muniain A Target For Manchester City - Report

The youngster could be set for a move to England...

Athletic Bilbao starlet Iker Muniain has emerged as a target for big-spending Manchester City, according to reports from the English tabloids.

The Sunday Mirror comments that the 16-year old, who is generally regarded as one of the brightest talents emerging from Spanish football, has caught the eye of boss Mark Hughes, who wants to bring him to Eastlands.

Muniain has broken into the first-team of the Basque side this season, and played a vital role as his side defeated Real Zaragoza on Saturday evening.

Hughes is looking to build a side for the future and has pinpointed the youngster as a possible star, and will test the Spanish side’s resolve by bidding for him in the summer.

Both Barcelona and Real Madrid have been monitoring the wonderkid, and it is believed that as many as 17 scouts watched the win over Zaragoza.

Bilbao are thought to value Muniain at £30m, but that will not deter City from making an offer for the Spanish under-17 international.

Muniain recently signed a new contract to keep him with Athletic Bilbao until 2015

Andouble said:
so he's impressively both outside and centrally. Reminds me of another Spaniard we're all familiar with.

btw - would suck if he went to Liverpool, the movement between Mata and Suarez would tear teams to shreds.

More so I'd be looking forward to seeing Mata and Silva linking up once again.

CTID101 said:
Forget 20m+ on Mata.

I'd say anything under £25mil is a great deal for Mata.

Matt the Giant said:
I'd say anything under £25mil is a great deal for Mata.
I won't complain if we get Mata but i think Munian has the potential to become class and a one off 20m or so now would be good for the future....FFP incoming etc

Mata is not old himself though so not bothered either way :D

Kladec coming on....a true Football Manager legend :P

Lets see if he lives up to his virtual self :D

Sabster said:
Andouble said:
watching U21 now. Thought he was more of a wideman but he's basically playing centre forward at the moment

Which is what everyone who has been going on about him seems to think he is. He is just an inferior Silva and as much as it would be nice to sign him we have other positions to be strengthened.

I just remember how ordinary we looked when Silva was injured or rested. We need a more than one creative midfielder.

I don't think we've ever seriously been linked to Mata though, have we? Aside from shit like The People.

Andouble said:
I don't think we've ever seriously been linked to Mata though, have we? Aside from shit like The People.

Dont make me cry... dont be sayin that.. Honestly, as someone in this thread said, him at Liverpool would be scary. So I do hope he comes here or stays in Spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.