Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Dax777 said:
Andouble said:
Dax777 said:
Please explain!

he's the same player as Silva. I think Mancini wants more of a goalscoring midfielder.
My point exactly. Mata is a goalscoring Midfielder. Has averaged about 11 goals a season over his 5 year professional playing career. Nasri has averaged about 8 goals. Outside of his 15 goal sprout last season, Nasri has previously been a 5-6 goals a season player. Kinda like Adebayor having one spectacular 30 goal season, but averaging about 14 otherwise.

Mata is the more accomplished goalscoring Mid of the 2.

touche.

I still think there's something to be said about Nasri and his proven Premiership quality at just 24. If his 15 goal 'sprout' ends up being the norm and not a one-off then you're looking at one of the most prolific attacking midfielders in the entire world. I'd be happy with either player, but I won't cry and go all woe-is-me if Mata goes elsewhere.

Although last season could easily have been a coming of age as a goalscoring midfielder for Nasri. It happens, Drogba went from a decent goalscorer to an amazing one from one season to the next for Chelsea.

Either way, I trust our manager to know who the right targets for HIS team and system are (even if I don't understand the Cerci link but he must have an idea).

Andouble said:
Dax777 said:
Andouble said:
he's the same player as Silva. I think Mancini wants more of a goalscoring midfielder.
My point exactly. Mata is a goalscoring Midfielder. Has averaged about 11 goals a season over his 5 year professional playing career. Nasri has averaged about 8 goals. Outside of his 15 goal sprout last season, Nasri has previously been a 5-6 goals a season player. Kinda like Adebayor having one spectacular 30 goal season, but averaging about 14 otherwise.

touche.

Agreed, but think of this.

In those first 4 years, he played with VIlla and Silva so when playing anyone not called Barca or Real, they had the best two players on the pitch. They set him up for alot of goals, im not saying to discount Mata, I am just saying remember how each of them were used, and how that effects how well they would find into citys system and with citys players.

okstate99 said:
Andouble said:
Dax777 said:

touche.

In those first 4 years, he played with VIlla and Silva so when playing anyone not called Barca or Real, they had the best two players on the pitch. They set him up for alot of goals, im not saying to discount Mata, I am just saying remember how each of them were used, and how that effects how well they would find into citys system and with citys players.
The minutiae of who they played with e.t.c. can be bent either way, hence why I stopped at the determinable facts. One can argue in England Nasri had the best creator (Fabregas) on his team every game. Or that Arsnenal as a team scored more goals in 3 of those 4 years. e.t.c. But since they are not identical we really can't judge them so strictly outside of viewing them statistically.

As for how they were used. I'd say pretty similarly. They both played wide alot, sometimes played in the middle, and on occasions were both deployed as support striker. Mata perhaps more than Nasri in the latter position, bu that could just be a function of him showing a greater propensity for scoring.

Dax777 said:
okstate99 said:
Andouble said:

The minutiae of who they played with e.t.c. can be bent either way, hence why I stopped at the determinable facts. One can argue in England Nasri had the best creator (Fabregas) on his team every game. Or that Arsnenal as a team scored more goals in 3 of those 4 years. e.t.c. But since they are not identical we really can't judge them so strictly outside of viewing them statistically.

As for how they were used. I'd say pretty similarly. They both played wide alot, sometimes played in the middle, and on occasions were both deployed as support striker. Mata perhaps more than Nasri in the latter position, bu that could just be a function of him showing a greater propensity for scoring.

Nasri seemed to get the best goal/game ratio when Fab was out of the team. I don't mean he will be exactly the same for City (if he joins) but interesting all the same.

Andouble said:
Dax777 said:
Andouble said:

touche.

I still think there's something to be said about Nasri and his proven Premiership quality at just 24. If his 15 goal 'sprout' ends up being the norm and not a one-off then you're looking at one of the most prolific attacking midfielders in the entire world. I'd be happy with either player, but I won't cry and go all woe-is-me if Mata goes elsewhere.
Don't disagree. But just wondering why we are spending so much energy trying to wrestle Nasri away from Arsenal, when Mata seems a straight shot.

Dax777 said:
Andouble said:
Dax777 said:

touche.

Don't disagree. But just wondering why we are spending so much energy trying to wrestle Nasri away from Arsenal, when Mata seems a straight shot.

I wonder that too Dax. Mata is a sought after player but nobody seems to be trying to get him. The only thing I can think is City or some other team has been working on this for some time and it is just being kept quiet. Unless Valencia have just said "we aint selling him".

Chevelle said:
Dax777 said:
Andouble said:
touche.

I wonder that too Dax. Mata is a sought after player but nobody seems to be trying to get him. The only thing I can think is City or some other team has been working on this for some time and it is just being kept quiet. Unless Valencia have just said "we aint selling him".
According ti Mata himself a few days ago. There had been no contact from anyone. Just rumors in the papers.

Dax777 said:
Chevelle said:
Dax777 said:

According ti Mata himself a few days ago. There had been no contact from anyone. Just rumors in the papers.

That makes no sense to me at all! Why don't we just get Mata instead of Nasri if there is no competition and Valencia are willing to sell? We have a history with Valencia over Silva and the dealings seemed to go well. Plus Silva and Mata are buddies and have played together many times before.

Is Bobby missing something here??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.