Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

BlueindianNewcity said:
Dribble said:
BlueindianNewcity said:
But we cant have world class talent and ask them to sit on bench.that wont be a happy squad.
It comes with the territory at the biggest clubs I'm afraid. If players were told to expect to play 30-35 games per season on rotation, I can't see any modern player seeing that as anything other than him being a part of a strong squad who are going places.

As a player, I'd prefer those terms than being guaranteed to play every game at Blackburn.........

Will silva,tevez,aguero agree being left on bench when they are fit? Mata is on his way up towards them and he may also find it difficult to being considered second to someone? Asking just out of curiosity.

Yes. Do you think they want to play 60 games? With 3 starters for every 2 positions you have enough players to give everyone 40 games and you don't have to put out a weak side ever. The top players will be happy to play "only" 40 games if it means they are legitimately in the running for four trophies.

We saw what it was like when we didn't have depth last Spring. Spurs and Arsenal handed us third place. We never deserved it based on our second half. Bobby seems desperate and insistent not to be put in that position again.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 pm --<br /><br />
SalfordCityBlue said:
At least he has stopped people saying 'we should sign Hazard!!!!'.

We should by the way :)

waspish said:
Pedro is Better
Very different players imo. Pedro is more of an out and out winger. Comparing him and Mata is like comparing Pedro and Silva.

Adam-mcfc said:
waspish said:
Pedro is Better
Very different players imo. Pedro is more of an out and out winger. Comparing him and Mata is like comparing Pedro and Silva.

No way Pedro is an out and out winger. He's more like a wide forward....

Also, please can anyone tell me how Guardiola plans to use sanchez?

zangatangring said:
Adam-mcfc said:
waspish said:
Pedro is Better

i doubt he'll be a regular

cityboy1 said:
zangatangring said:

Wow, they've got money to shift haven't they?

I was really wondering where he would've fit had we got him (because Mario can fulfill all his roles to great effect). I would've thought we needed a left footed sanchez, but better. Yes, I went there.

zangatangring said:
Adam-mcfc said:
waspish said:
Pedro is Better

Pedro is similar to Adam Johnson, in that he plays primarily out wide but cuts in on goal. You're probably right that he's not an out and out winger but he's more winger than anything else.

I think Sanchez was bought to be cover for the three forwards Barca normally use. I wouldn't drop Villa, Pedro and especially not Messi for Sanchez.

zangatangring said:
cityboy1 said:
zangatangring said:

Wow, they've got money to shift haven't they?

I was really wondering where he would've fit had we got him (because Mario can fulfill all his roles to great effect). I would've thought we needed a left footed sanchez, but better. Yes, I went there.
he'll get games but i think they'll play him like we play our ver own aj

BlueJill said:
BlueindianNewcity said:
Dribble said:
It comes with the territory at the biggest clubs I'm afraid. If players were told to expect to play 30-35 games per season on rotation, I can't see any modern player seeing that as anything other than him being a part of a strong squad who are going places.

As a player, I'd prefer those terms than being guaranteed to play every game at Blackburn.........

Will silva,tevez,aguero agree being left on bench when they are fit? Mata is on his way up towards them and he may also find it difficult to being considered second to someone? Asking just out of curiosity.

Yes. Do you think they want to play 60 games? With 3 starters for every 2 positions you have enough players to give everyone 40 games and you don't have to put out a weak side ever. The top players will be happy to play "only" 40 games if it means they are legitimately in the running for four trophies.

We saw what it was like when we didn't have depth last Spring. Spurs and Arsenal handed us third place. We never deserved it based on our second half. Bobby seems desperate and insistent not to be put in that position again.
^^This^^

BlueindianNewcity, I think BlueJill has given an answer that I couldn't better and one which perfectly sums up my point. Don't you recall Tevez constantly carping on about being tired because of playing too much football? This is what happens when you don't have strength in depth and are forced to flog your best players to death.......

So, in every single post-match interview, Mancini talks about how significant it is, that Silva and Aguero speaks the same language, something that I, Dax, Mad4it has talked about for months now... well guess what Roberto, - Mata speaks Spanish as well! Get him in!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.