Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Citizenblue21 said:
Sorry i was a bit tired this morning :)

No worries mate!
(And I really am a clown anyway)

He is world class but i don't think he is better than Silva and they are too similar a player. Both left footed too.

I agree. He is not better than Silva, but then again who is, who is also available in the transfer market?
Silva is to me one of the best ten players in the world atm. In fact, I don't know who I would replace him with... Iniesta maybe. Thus I gladly label him as world class. He would walk into any team in the world except maybe for Barcelona and automatically be a given in the starting XI. Nasri would not.

Mata vs. Nasri

Mata has superior vision to Nasri, and even better at keeping possession. He is by far a better passer due to that sublime vision. He may not be as good of a dribbler as Nasri, but I can live with that minor flaw.
I would also say Mata has more potential than Nasri and don't suffer from those drastic dips in form Nasri has shown every season for the past years. Nasri is still a great player and I would be glad to have him in the squad, but Mata is a step up from Nasri.

Mata and Nasri might be at about the same level regarding transfer fee but I suspect Mata would be on a slightly lesser weekly wage.

Mata vs. Sneijder

Snejider is a fantastic player... and I would of course be delighted with him here, but Mata is more of a long term solution. Sneijder has a fantastic foot and would take a lot of free kicks, something which is not in Mata's repertoire, but on the other hand Mata puts in more defensive work than Sneijder.
I think Sneijder would expect star-treatment, something which Mata would probably find ridiculous.

Mata would cost far less in transfer fee and wages and would have a much higher re-sell value.
Sneijder's re-sell value is most likely far less than what we would have to pay for him.

Mata also has a past with Slva in Valencia, and there they showed an almost scary ability to understand each other on the pitch. They are also great friends in private.
The two will probably also team uo more and more in the National squad over the coming years as Xavi isn't getting any younger.

Having them two together again would be beneficial both on and off pitch as Silva seems a bit lonely, judging from all the OS videos. Hopefully Aguero coming here made that situation better. We need to keep Silva happy!

Mata also is the ultimate team player who puts himself second to the team. I'm not sure Nasri nor Sneijder would fit into that description.

Mario Gotze is the player too sign in the not too distant future. Maybe next summer.

I hate to admit it, but I know absolutely nothing about the man.

Finally, after having watched a lot of Valencia since 2007, I am admittedly quite biased here, so I accept the fact that my reasoning can be a bit one-sided.

Phew... as English is not my language this took me a while to put together. Please excuse any syntax error's or misspellings.

Matt the Giant said:
Citizenblue21 said:
Sorry i was a bit tired this morning :)

No worries mate!
(And I really am a clown anyway)

He is world class but i don't think he is better than Silva and they are too similar a player. Both left footed too.

I agree. He is not better than Silva, but then again who is, who is also available in the transfer market?
Silva is to me one of the best ten players in the world atm. In fact, I don't know who I would replace him with... Iniesta maybe. Thus I gladly label him as world class. He would walk into any team in the world except maybe for Barcelona and automatically be a given in the starting XI. Nasri would not.

Mata vs. Nasri

Mata has superior vision to Nasri, and even better at keeping possession. He is by far a better passer due to that sublime vision. He may not be as good of a dribbler as Nasri, but I can live with that minor flaw.
I would also say Mata has more potential than Nasri and don't suffer from those drastic dips in form Nasri has shown every season for the past years. Nasri is still a great player and I would be glad to have him in the squad, but Mata is a step up from Nasri.

Mata and Nasri might be at about the same level regarding transfer fee but I suspect Mata would be on a slightly lesser weekly wage.

Mata vs. Sneijder

Snejider is a fantastic player... and I would of course be delighted with him here, but Mata is more of a long term solution. Sneijder has a fantastic foot and would take a lot of free kicks, something which is not in Mata's repertoire, but on the other hand Mata puts in more defensive work than Sneijder.
I think Sneijder would expect star-treatment, something which Mata would probably find ridiculous.

Mata would cost far less in transfer fee and wages and would have a much higher re-sell value.
Sneijder's re-sell value is most likely far less than what we would have to pay for him.

Mata also has a past with Slva in Valencia, and there they showed an almost scary ability to understand each other on the pitch. They are also great friends in private.
The two will probably also team uo more and more in the National squad over the coming years as Xavi isn't getting any younger.

Having them two together again would be beneficial both on and off pitch as Silva seems a bit lonely, judging from all the OS videos. Hopefully Aguero coming here made that situation better. We need to keep Silva happy!

Mata also is the ultimate team player who puts himself second to the team. I'm not sure Nasri nor Sneijder would fit into that description.

Mario Gotze is the player too sign in the not too distant future. Maybe next summer.

I hate to admit it, but I know absolutely nothing about the man.

Finally, after having watched a lot of Valencia since 2007, I am admittedly quite biased here, so I accept the fact that my reasoning can be a bit one-sided.

Phew... as English is not my language this took me a while to put together. Please excuse any syntax error's or misspellings.
END OF DISCUSSION!!!

What are Valencia looking? £30-£40 possibly £50 million? No chance

They'd do business at 20-24m I reckon, they sold us the more accomplished Silva for 24m and still have massive debt.

Dribble said:
BlueJill said:
Freestyler said:
I doubt it's either Nasri or Mata.

you can accommodate both in the starting 11.

We need more than 11 starters.
^^This^^ Its a squad game and we're involved in four competitions, this is more than just the strongest 11, its about our strongest 25.

But we cant have world class talent and ask them to sit on bench.that wont be a happy squad.

BlueindianNewcity said:
Dribble said:
BlueJill said:
We need more than 11 starters.
^^This^^ Its a squad game and we're involved in four competitions, this is more than just the strongest 11, its about our strongest 25.

But we cant have world class talent and ask them to sit on bench.that wont be a happy squad.
It comes with the territory at the biggest clubs I'm afraid. If players were told to expect to play 30-35 games per season on rotation, I can't see any modern player seeing that as anything other than him being a part of a strong squad who are going places.

As a player, I'd prefer those terms than being guaranteed to play every game at Blackburn.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.