Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in a fifty/fifty scenario with City having Pep and big Erl he would go to Madrid why?
There are plenty of good reasons why a player might go Madrid, as a club it is still a league above in terms of size.

It has been said if Madrid offer you go, as you may never get another chance and that could be Jude’s thoughts, he doesn’t seem shy of confidence.

To me, I always think as an English kid you want to play in the Prem and don’t think weather is the same issue if you grew up with it.

I expect it to be us, but would not fault the kid if he choose Madrid.

do we know who he supported growing up?

don't suppose there's a childhood pic with him in a city shirt a la Haaland

I was about to write he's from Stourbridge so possibly one of the yam yam nation teams but I've now completely derailed myself thinking about why the south west of the Black Country doesn't have a 'big' team of it's own? I know Stourbridge FC predates both Wolves and West Brom and I've just looked and Dudley FC are as old as the FA. The Dudley metro area must have a few hundred thousand inhabitants. Maybe the population too dispersed across towns to coalesce behind a specific team?

Back to Bellingham, I'm sure lifestyle issues play a material part for many players in their choices but from a purely footballing perspective I would argue that we are currently the elite destination in world football. Never thought I'd be saying that when I was listening to Frank Clarke complaining he heard he'd been fired on the radio.

For a 19 year old is Madrid vs us the same as what it is for us older ones? A 19 year old has seen City dominate domesticity from the age of 10, any decent footballer knows luck plays a part in winning the champions league.

It depends what they want. Money will come into it, so will playing time. Madrid they'll have seen win a shit load of titles and CL's in that time. For an English player I don't think Real or Barca hold the same pull as for those on the continent. We hold our domestic teams and league in higher regard. Bellingham would pick City over Real I reckon, largely because he's done a stint abroad and proved himself and to come back to England would open up a lot of opportunities. He could always go to Spain in the future. If it was a 19 year old European player I'd expect them to pick Real over us still 9 times out of 10.

With the age of Kroos and Midric, and Casemiro at the Swamp, they need a midfield overhaul…and, sadly, Bellingham could live la dolce vita (yes, I know it’s Italian!) in Madrid, while becoming a gazillionaire.

Nice home overlooking the vineyards, pool
he can use almost year round, 300+ rain free days per year, and playing for the current domestic and European champions.

Hate to say it, but unless he really fancies the challenge of coming back to England, he feels nailed on for a warmer, drier climate, European destination…but never say never! He’s young and he could join the Haaland Plan and work his way through the European leagues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.