Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes not at Birmingham, hes at Dortmund. So if it costs 130m, thats what it costs.

Why is anyone arsed, not like they are doing a whip around on this forum to pay for the lad.

Make it 200m, then maybe 150m on Gavi and 300m on Gvardiol just to round off the summer. This idea of any sort of value for money rating in football transfers is absurd.
Football is a business end of story.

100m plus transfers have to succeed , even for huge cash rich business's.

I genuinely think sancho is not intelligent (football or otherwise) enough to play for a team thats not on a continual counter attack. Think he’d struggle here now and even if he’s stayed.

For me Grealish is 100% a better player now than when we bought him. Everyones favourite punchbag but a quality player

Mahrez was better last 2 seasons than the player we bought yes. Less explosive than leicester title season but working under much higher pressure. Had a poor start to this season but current level isnt representative

Sterling definitely realised his potential! Christ do you think he could have been any better than the 17/18,18/19 seasons? Poor last season

Jesus will struggle to be better than he was for us, could still improve but no one thought he was being held back.

All 4 improved under pep. If bellingham came in and also improved under pep we’d be onto an incredible midfield player.
See also bernardo, rodri, gundo, kdb - all “good” players made “great” by pep
I think Pep making players better relates to how they function on a higher level in our structure. They fit the collective therefore shine. That to me is Peps strength.
Are our players stand outs in national teams for instance? KDB better for us or Belgium?
Are those that leave performing at a higher level, I'm not so sure. Are Sterling, zingy and jesus looking as good away from us.

Football is a business end of story.

100m plus transfers have to succeed , even for huge cash rich business's.
It isn't our business though, If you think the club are reckless or negligent and not to be trusted with the money then It may something to be concerned about. I don't I think they are sensible and highly competent so the cost of the players we buy are of no concern to me.

Would you have Bellingham or Rhodri?

We may buy him but he comes with the usual English tax and expectation
What a strange question?
How about donyou want Bellingham to fill either gap that Bernardo or Gundog leaves when they have gone?

He won't be bouhbt to compete with Rodri.

Looking at some of these comments he has no expectations to fill for some of you.

Is Jude a complete midfield player at this time?
In horse racing terms people pay absolute fortunes for horses because of breeding or in simpler terms potential.

Bellingham is a full international at 18yo, scored at a world cup finals and has the 'potential' to improve and keep on improving.

We signed Sterling for 45m and then we got the best three years out of him anybody will get.

At 18yo we could feasibly have this player for 15 years for 130m that would make it an absolute bargain.

Obviously, but history shows these huge deals often fail.
List all the deals over 120m that are failures, you keep mentioning that many fail.

Let's have the facts listed out, you may as well list all the successful ones at the same time and we can then judge if you're correct in your assertion of this fact.

In horse racing terms people pay absolute fortunes for horses because of breeding or in simpler terms potential.

Bellingham is a full international at 18yo, scored at a world cup finals and has the 'potential' to improve and keep on improving.

We signed Sterling for 45m and then we got the best three years out of him anybody will get.

At 18yo we could feasibly have this player for 15 years for 130m that would make it an absolute bargain.
As far as I am aware horse racing has not limit on investment and is called the sport of kings for a reason.

I seem to remember a certain Sheik Maktoum speeding hundreds of millions on the finest horses and not always getting the results he would expect.

No doubt Bellingham is a huge talent, but spending 130m plus contract is not a bargain and comes at a huge risk, as said previously, in the history of football, very few of these gigantic transfer deals have proved to be a success.

Advice to those whose knockers are badly twisted......ignore the price,as its irrelevant,and concentrate your focus solely on the player and his footballing ability......you'll feel much better.
So we are not allowed to discuss transfer fees now?

Not at 130m plus contract, no.

Pick him up from Birmingham for 25m, he is the steal of the century.

Reminds me of the old anecdote about Kaka.

Jorge Valdano is in Brazil and he sees this amazing 20 year old kid called Kaka playing. He phones up Florentino Perez and says, "Boss, I've seen this incredible prospect, he's going to be worth €60m one day and Sao Paolo only want a few million for him".

And Florentino Perez says "Great, we'll buy him when he's worth €60m", and then he did.

The moral of the story is that big clubs need ready made players, not prospects. And the point of earning £600m a year is to spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.