Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I am aware horse racing has not limit on investment and is called the sport of kings for a reason.

I seem to remember a certain Sheik Maktoum speeding hundreds of millions on the finest horses and not always getting the results he would expect.

No doubt Bellingham is a huge talent, but spending 130m plus contract is not a bargain and comes at a huge risk, as said previously, in the history of football, very few of these gigantic transfer deals have proved to be a success.
Again you say in rhe history of football few of these gigantic fees prove to be a success.

List them?
There is 12 over 100m
Neymar
Mbappe
Felix
Countinho
Pogba
Lukaku
Greisman
Dembele
Bale
Grealish
Hazard
Ronaldo

Can we say 7 are a success on there and I am not even going to include Jack.

Countinho, Pogba, Lukaku are flops, lukaku was his move back to Chelsea

Again you say in rhe history of football few of these gigantic fees prove to be a success.

List them?
There is 12 over 100m
Neymar
Mbappe
Felix
Countinho
Pogba
Lukaku
Greisman
Dembele
Bale
Grealish
Hazard
Ronaldo

Can we say 7 are a success on there and I am not even going to include Jack.

Countinho, Pogba, Lukaku are flops, lukaku was his move back to Chelsea
Ronaldo, Bale, Mbappé and Neymar are the only successes there. Dembele, Felix and Grealish could still prove to be. Rest are flops.

4 successes (Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Mbappé)
3 jury out (Dembele, Grealish, Felix)
5 flops (Coutinho, Griezmann, Pogba, Lukaku and Hazard)

In horse racing terms people pay absolute fortunes for horses because of breeding or in simpler terms potential.

Bellingham is a full international at 18yo, scored at a world cup finals and has the 'potential' to improve and keep on improving.

We signed Sterling for 45m and then we got the best three years out of him anybody will get.

At 18yo we could feasibly have this player for 15 years for 130m that would make it an absolute bargain.
The word bargain seems to have lost all meaning

The word bargain seems to have lost all meaning
if we signed him and kept him until he is 33yo as we have done with a lot of our signings, do you not think that 8.5m a year, (not including wages as that would be pointless they all get paid loads.)

So 8-9m a year is not a bargain for a player that will have given us 15 years of service?

I'd snap your hand off for that scenario right now.

Ronaldo, Bale, Mbappé and Neymar are the only successes there. Dembele, Felix and Grealish could still prove to be. Rest are flops.

4 successes (Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Mbappé)
3 jury out (Dembele, Grealish, Felix)
5 flops (Coutinho, Griezmann, Pogba, Lukaku and Hazard)
Fair enough, I wouldn't particularly argue at the flops, though it is funny that it is the old money teams that have had the most flops.

It doesn't unduly worry me about signing one, our recent record is very good, if Jack pushes on then it will be excellent.

Also, we do need to have some English players in the squad to keep to the rules or again we end up playing with a smaller squad, if we have to pay more for that then it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.