Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a conversation about this years ago. City fans & attendance stats had City pegged as a big club. But most fans I came across had us on level pegging with Everton, Norwich & Coventry City.

It's why the Rags always derided us when we spoke about ourselves in the same breath as them. They saw us as deluded jokers. This is why our rise hurts the Rags, Dippers & L'Arse fans so much.

My season ticket Spurs family in London somehow believe they're also historically a bigger club than City, & we're only ahead of them now because we're FFP cheats... :-/
The same Spurs who haven't won the League for 62 years, the FA Cup for 32 years or a trophy of any description for 15 years.
They sound like a poundshop version of the red arsecheeks with a large dose of self delusion thrown in for good measure.

The same Spurs who haven't won the League for 62 years, the FA Cup for 32 years or a trophy of any description for 15 years.
They sound like a poundshop version of the red arsecheeks with a large dose of self delusion thrown in for good measure.
It's football fans for you. To be fair though, it was getting on for 15+ years since City had won a meaningful pot & I was talking us up as if we were in the newly formed PL mix, but we were battling relegation most seasons!

Before this, I'd never considered how opposition fans viewed us, as opposed to how we saw ourselves... Coventry & Norwich though! :-)

If pep wants him anything you say want trump pep!

Take your opinion though? Seems you can’t handle city paying big money for a player..
I can handle City paying big money for a player. I’d have paid £125m for Haaland and understood that £100m was Grealish’s buy-out fee… but didn’t want us to spend that on Kane because of his age and his balsa wood ankles and the fact that I don’t like him… and I certainly don’t on Bellingham who I just don’t rate that highly at all.

We can surely do better and for cheaper? I’ve not seen anything from Bellingham so far that makes me think he’s what we should be after.

I said in the Haaland transfer thread that I’ve never wanted to sign a player as much as Haaland before; I can say in good faith here (not on the WUM at all), that I’m not sure I’ve wanted to sign a player we looked to be seriously in for less than I do Bellingham for £125m.

I can handle City paying big money for a player. I’d have paid £125m for Haaland and understood that £100m was Grealish’s buy-out fee… but didn’t want us to spend that on Kane because of his age and his balsa wood ankles and the fact that I don’t like him… and I certainly don’t on Bellingham who I just don’t rate that highly at all.

We can surely do better and for cheaper? I’ve not seen anything from Bellingham so far that makes me think he’s what we should be after.

We will find out if he comes

Bayern at home v Dortmund…

Don’t make dumb assertions about Bellingham just because they predictably got smashed again.

But I watched his performance within that game, within that context of all that, and he was bloody rubbish and spent more time moaning at his teammates than doing anything positive.

There wasn’t even any signs of him being a bit of a good young player in a shit team, he was just poor. As he was against Chelsea, France, USA and City.

City have played teams and we’ve smashed them yet someone in the opposition makes you sat back and think ‘fucking hell, that lad’s a good player’ like Nkunku for Leipzig last season at the Etihad, while we hammered six past them.

Bellingham in some poor Dortmund performances I’ve seen has been part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.