Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can handle City paying big money for a player. I’d have paid £125m for Haaland and understood that £100m was Grealish’s buy-out fee… but didn’t want us to spend that on Kane because of his age and his balsa wood ankles and the fact that I don’t like him… and I certainly don’t on Bellingham who I just don’t rate that highly at all.

We can surely do better and for cheaper? I’ve not seen anything from Bellingham so far that makes me think he’s what we should be after.

I said in the Haaland transfer thread that I’ve never wanted to sign a player as much as Haaland before; I can say in good faith here (not on the WUM at all), that I’m not sure I’ve wanted to sign a player we looked to be seriously in for less than I do Bellingham for £125m.
Well Pep, City and many many other have seen something in Bellingham that you haven't.

He's not the finished product by any means but kids got the world at his feet at just 19, a couple of years under Pep and he'll be a world beater.

Possibly our future captain.

But I watched his performance within that game, within that context of all that, and he was bloody rubbish and spent more time moaning at his teammates than doing anything positive.

There wasn’t even any signs of him being a bit of a good young player in a shit team, he was just poor. As he was against Chelsea, France, USA and City.
So 5 games means he’s now not good enough? He’s 19. At the same age, KDB scored 3 goals in 40 games for Genk. At the same age, Iniesta had only recently made his Barca debut. The list goes on. People could have watched a lot more than 5 games of Foden earlier this season and concluded that he’s shite. If the whole football world thinks he’s an incredible talent, it’s probably because he is.

So 5 games means he’s now not good enough? He’s 19. At the same age, KDB scored 3 goals in 40 games for Genk. At the same age, Iniesta had only recently made his Barca debut. The list goes on. People could have watched a lot more than 5 games of Foden earlier this season and concluded that he’s shite. If the whole football world thinks he’s an incredible talent, it’s probably because he is.
At the same age Delli Ali scored 18 goals in a season in the Prem.

Plus, it was City home and away and Chelsea home and away plus Bayern, USA and France… every decent midfield he’s come up against this season he’s looked poor.

A lot of the football world were excited about Sancho being up for grabs not long ago.

It is now an oversaturated sport and you can't really get an accurate comparison between Bellingham and the likes of De Bruyne, Iniesta, Xavi etc at similar ages.

It is now an oversaturated sport and you can't really get an accurate comparison between Bellingham and the likes of De Bruyne, Iniesta, Xavi etc at similar ages.
No but the people that were there at the time will have a much better idea than those that just watched them, so Txiki and Pep will have a deep understanding of Iniesta and Xavi in their teens to make comparisons.

As someone who has a poor understanding of FFP rules, can I ask those who are clued up on such matters where we are with whether or not we may be able or unable to participate in transfers on players like Jude B in the forthcoming transfer window.

No but the people that were there at the time will have a much better idea than those that just watched them, so Txiki and Pep will have a deep understanding of Iniesta and Xavi in their teens to make comparisons.
Still different eras and different career paths. Xavi and Iniesta were already established when Pep was appointed Manager. Although Jude Bellingham is a good player it is still stretching it in comparing him to the two.

Still different eras and different career paths. Xavi and Iniesta were already established when Pep was appointed Manager. Although Jude Bellingham is a good player it is still stretching it in comparing him to the two.
Not comparing them really, just saying one position Pep and Txiki know better than any other is midfield and rarely get it wrong with midfielders. If we buy Bellingham, at the price it will take, it’s because they think at his age he has that potential to reach the levels required. As good as those 2 who knows , but probably in that ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.