Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it would be perfect for him too. No reason for him to rush though, it'll be summer before anything is decided. By then we should know if Pep is staying and whether Klopp walked. I think seeing Bellingham announcing he's coming to us would do it, in both cases.

But I only see Real and Chelsea as threats here. Both can offer bigger money, capital city life, but hopefully that is not enough to eclipse City. A bad season at Chelsea ( no top 4 and therefore champions league) and Potter under pressure may peg them back.
At what point do Newcastle become a serious transfer target competitor? If they finish top 4 and want to make a statement? We don’t usually enter bidding wars but what if they start one? I think he’d choose us but the day players choose them for money may come.

At what point do Newcastle become a serious transfer target competitor? If they finish top 4 and want to make a statement? We don’t usually enter bidding wars but what if they start one? I think he’d choose us but the day players choose them for money may come.
Good question, all we can say is the way Newcastle have conducted themselves so far is not to go for marquee signings. The closest they got was Tripper. But it is working for them.

I think, pragmatically, they'll continue to go for players a step down but with the ability to improve, rather than go all in on one player, as it's what they need. They've recruited very well and mostly not had their pants pulled down. They'd know that entering the Bellingham race means the price is immediately north of €105m. Not many clubs can splash that kind of cash on a player and already have what we have in terms of talent.

Us, we just need the odd player here and there, but it has to be a top player or one who can reach the top very quickly. We can look at a €100m fee for a player and, if we want it enough, pay it. We get him then we're good for a title charge. We don't get him, we're still going for that title.

For Newcastle that outlay would be a big gamble, it restricts their ability to strengthen elsewhere significantly for a team that wasn't a contender last season and with just a few additions and a purple patch, is looking good right now but with no guarantees. For the player too, if the team isn't successful or doesn't recruit correctly elsewhere then their stock drops and years are wasted.

Newcastle will get there, not in time to be an option for Bellingham, but when they do and the prize money and status of European football justify bigger wages and spend, it will be very interesting and probably at someone else's expense.

When that situation arises, all we can do is ensure we remain competitive year on year, and then possibly take a leaf out of Real's book and play the 'established giant with mega stars you could line up with' card. FFP means it's unlikely we'd be much surpassed on the financials by Newcastle if at all, so it comes down to the club, the city and the project.

You have to admire our directors and the way we rejuvenate the squad in do time. As well as Belingham, we'll have Foden, Alvarez, Rico, Haaland and Palmer, all very young and extremely talented players with huge potential even though already great.

We won't fade away in the future due to having the wrong players and staff, it's precision surgery making sure we'll always stay competitive. Long may it last.
I think the club has decided to trade in 2/3 players each season in order to keep Pep’s longevity. We allow any player to leave if a price is met.

We have no problem moving senior players on. If Pep had the same bunch like Klopp at Liverpool the players would probably cause trouble at some point. It’s a clever tactic that keeps Pep the main man and any player who doesn’t agree will be sold. Everyone knows where they stand and you don’t hear any moaning.

If it keeps the boss then I am all for this approach.

depends how they increase sponsorship deals.

Do you mean that one day Newcastle will be like Real Madrid? I don't think that will happen, but money can influence players' decisions. And it probably will.

Do you mean that one day Newcastle will be like Real Madrid? I don't think that will happen, but money can influence players' decisions. And it probably will.
Yep and fair play to them if they pull it off - a lot of players came to City early on with just the promise of a project and money to sweeten the deal. If Newcastle are in Europe and a bit settled, then the project is already better than the one we were offering. However i think it's a different time, Newcastle have rightfully positioned themselves in a manner than they have improved the team but not so much so that they would be in trouble with FFP.

No chance the dippers are in for him now after just being put up for sale
Not necessarily - Bellingham could be the marquee signing for a new owner as a present to their 'fans' as part of their project. I personally think much depends on the timing of the sale and new owners coming on board. We have to assume that they will be flashing the cash and for all we know Bellingham and his agent might fancy the notion of being the main protagonist in a new dynasty - especially if the wages are off the scale.

Don't forget Chelsea's new owners have spent a fair amount on new signings and a new manager since they acquired the club in the summer and Liverpool's new owners will need to invest in their asset to get the returns they require.

Not necessarily - Bellingham could be the marquee signing for a new owner as a present to their 'fans' as part of their project. I personally think much depends on the timing of the sale and new owners coming on board. We have to assume that they will be flashing the cash and for all we know Bellingham and his agent might fancy the notion of being the main protagonist in a new dynasty - especially if the wages are off the scale.

Don't forget Chelsea's new owners have spent a fair amount on new signings and a new manager since they acquired the club in the summer and Liverpool's new owners will need to invest in their asset to get the returns they require.
New owners will need some war chest if the reputed £3bn FSG turned down in April is factual and the new owners don’t want to over leverage their debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.