Jude Bellingham

Bellingham - Foden can work, we just don't know because Phil is stuck out on the left mostly and Bellingham is playing as a 10.

England have a box to box player with an eye for goal...Bellingham. That was basically his role at Dortmund for a lot of the time. It's likely his role in Madrid next season now Ancelotti has to fit all the forward players in with Mbappe there. Mbappe and Vini Jr both play a similar position coming in off the left, so one of them will move more central or they'll alternate, which means occupying Bellingham's position. So he'll probably be back in his more natural midfield position.

Put Phil as the 10 and Bellingham doing box to box. Tell Bellingham to pass to Phil now and again. That's it, it's not rocket science. It can work, they're different players that can blend well if they're used properly. Then it free's up a space for a more natural wide player on the left and gets rid of having to persist with the likes of Gallagher, Arnold, Mainoo etc..

We haven't even tried this obvious set up. Good players in their best positions and a bit of balance and width. Crazy concept eh?!?

Bellingham ain't playing the ten role Boregate has given him a free role! Maybe give Foden that freedom and he would be more effective then Bellingham who has to many touches and continually gets in the spaces of all the other players!

Keep seeing Rice in comparison to Rodri. The Spaniard being the best player in that position in World football doesn’t automatically make Rice a poor player. Rice is by a considerable distance the best English player for that role and why Pep was wanting him for best part of £100 million
I agree but Rice is not really good at linking up play and I can’t think of other English players who can do this. Gareth Barry and Carrick spring to mind from the past.

Rices shot at the post towards the end of the 2nd half is exactly what he should be doing more of but he doesn't do it enough.

England are really missing that classic central box to box midfielder who gets goals. Put an in-form Lampard into this team and I think we'd look far more stable. The casualty for that unfortunately has to be Bellingham or Foden.

Bellingham-Foden is unfortunately becoming the Lampard-Gerrard of our times, they just don't work together.
Can't blame Rice for that when the manager has him playing centre half almost. Yet another quality player wasted out of position.

I’m not sure why posters are coming across surprised or questioning why many can’t take to him. Unless you’ve had your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears for the last few months I’d say it’s pretty obvious why, and it’s only those fans who don’t care about a players all round game or attitude as long as they grab a goal that think he’s the bees knees.
He’s highly unlikable, his ego and PR makes everything about him which would be great if he had the performances to back it up this tournament.
After 4 games he’s played well, all told for around 45 minutes. That might be enough for the basic fan who looks at a winning goal and last minute equaliser as justification for all the praise but it’s not for many others who see a bigger picture at play.
He may one day become the player he and a few others think he is already because the tools are there and the talent is undeniable but he’s way off that standard as it stands.
The couple of rabid England fans on here who think it’s because Foden is being shunted he’s not getting the accolades they think he deserves are not worthy of response, the brainwashing has already been completed on them.
Omg and you’re serious.

And people like you believe Bellingham is arrogant : )))))))

You think you know more than more or less every footballing expert ?

You think it’s only Rabid England fans who believe he’s a true talent? I’m Scottish and think he is one of the best young players I’ve seen in many many years

It’s no coincidence it’s only forums and Facebook pages for City where I’ve seen this young lad abused but of course that’s nothing to do with a young lad snubbing City for arguably the biggest club in World football. OK his comments on City were ill advised but again he is a young lad and made a mistake with the media , who would have loved it, and it won’t be his last media mistake.

I agree but Rice is not really good at linking up play and I can’t think of other English players who can do this. Gareth Barry and Carrick spring to mind from the past.
Lack of movement upfront is not helping Rice.

England have great players middle to front but they are not gelling and that means they are not a great team as it stands.

Pickford is a weak link and going without a fit left back and 3 or 4 right backs makes little sense

Omg and you’re serious.

You think it’s only Rabid England fans who believe he’s a true talent? I’m Scottish and think he is one of the best young players I’ve seen in many many years

It’s no coincidence it’s only forums and Facebook pages for City where I’ve seen this young lad abused but of course that’s nothing to do with a young lad snubbing City for arguably the biggest club in World football. OK his comments on City were ill advised but again he is a young lad and made a mistake with the media , who would have loved it, and it won’t be his last media mistake.
Which games have you seen him play well in, in 2024?

Omg and you’re serious.

Did he even snub city?

There was much more talk of him going to Liverpool than here.

I didn't want him here when he was still at Dortmund. I think he's just good, not the phenomenon people think and that'll be shown over time. Would I pick him over Foden, Bernado Silva or a fit De Bruyne? Not a chance, the latter is on a different planet to him even when he reaches his peak.

Give it 2 or 3 years and his status won't be what it is now.

Omg and you’re serious.

Seems like you have asked yourself a question and answered it in the same post. Running his mouth about city was daft and probably made a few of us notice his arrogance and petulance a little more. I’m glad he didn’t sign for us. Not sure that ego would work with pep or the dressing room. Potentially a world class player but the hype is ahead of his talent at the moment. Be interesting to see how he copes with Mmmbop next season.

Lack of movement upfront is not helping Rice.

England have great players middle to front but they are not gelling and that means they are not a great team as it stands.

Pickford is a weak link and going without a fit left back and 3 or 4 right backs makes little sense
Agree on Pickford but Southgate needs to find a link player quickly otherwise England will end up playing long balls. Perhaps Stones could do it but he has been poor recently. Southgate is the real problem.

Omg and you’re serious.

Yes, deadly serious. Nothing I’ve posted is arrogance, it’s what I’ve seen and heard over the last 6 months or so.

I’ll put you in the basic category.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.