Jude Bellingham

That's rangers though, even I could pull the strings at times against you.
Really ?

We pumped them 4-2 away in Dortmund and drew 2-2 at Ibrox knocking the tournament favourites out. Had a dreadful VAR decision against us to deny us the 3-2 victory at in second leg.

I’m not even sure it was just because of Madrid. I’d not seen enough of him up to that point to make a proper judgement but there’s no doubt he looked a standout player.
My feelings on him are based over the last 12 months where he’s been thrust into the limelight and I’ve not been impressed with everything I’ve seen.
Started like a house on fire for them but gradually fell away to the point his second half of the season on a personal level was distinctively average.
This euros has cemented that with far more poor minutes than good, but goals mean none of the other things matter to some.
That’s all fair enough. That’s why I started the post with “if”—I think @domalino and a few others are misattributing the dislike for Bellingham on here and else where to the fact that he snubbed several teams, including City.

Are there petulant fans that dislike him because of that? Of course.

But do most fans dislike him for that reason? I think that is unlikely.

Also, the assertions that it is only City fans that have this level of dislike for him are simply patently false. There is widespread bemusement and fatigue amongst many sets of fans (clubs and countries) toward both his behaviour and the presses treatment of him, especially in the context of his actual level of performance.

For me it is the cognitive dissonance that appears to be rampant across various sectors of commentary that is the strangest element. He has generally been both poor and petulant on the pitch, exhibiting few—if any—characteristics of a phenom and leader, but so much of what is said and written about him by pundits, analysts, and support influencers says otherwise.

One of the greatest frustrations for me is that I feel gaslit every time I read some piece about him being England’s saviour. It comes off much like the things you read in certain “political” blogs about certain politicians.

I am constantly being told not to believe the evidence of my eyes.

I watched him first hand play brilliantly when at Dortmund against Rangers when he practically single handedly kept them in the tie.

He spoke very well in the press about my club. Not a hint of arrogance
I could play well against fucking Rangers and I’m 55.

I watched him first hand play brilliantly when at Dortmund against Rangers when he practically single handedly kept them in the tie.

He spoke very well in the press about my club. Not a hint of arrogance
So you’re talking about him a few years ago when you saw him play well but couldn’t point to a game in the last seven months.

Seems about right.

That’s all fair enough. That’s why I started the post with “if”—I think @domalino and a few others are misattributing the dislike for Bellingham on here and else where to the fact that he snubbed several teams, including City.

Are there petulant fans that dislike him because of that? Of course.

But do most fans dislike him for that reason? I think that is unlikely.

Also, the assertions that it is only City fans that have this level of dislike for him are simply patently false. There is widespread bemusement and fatigue amongst many sets of fans (clubs and countries) toward both his behaviour and the presses treatment of him, especially in the context of his actual level of performance.

For me it is the cognitive dissonance that appears to be rampant across various sectors of commentary that is the strangest element. He has generally been both poor and petulant on the pitch, exhibiting few—if any—characteristics of a phenom and leader, but so much of what is said and written about him by pundits, analysts, and support influencers says otherwise.

One of the greatest frustrations for me is that I feel gaslit every time I read some piece about him being England’s saviour. It comes off much like the things you read in certain “political” blogs about certain politicians.

I am constantly being told not to believe the evidence of my eyes.
This is what I find laughable whenever there is a football discussion emanating from the media. Bellingham and Kane have been on the pitch for well over three hours and for approximately a couple of seconds have done precisely the square root of fuck all. But those precious seconds have catapulted Bellingham into having scored the greatest goal in English football history, far surpassing any of the goals England scored in the final in '66, so 'Arry sez!

So you’re talking about him a few years ago when you saw him play well but couldn’t point to a game in the last seven months.

Seems about right.
I’ve not watched him the last 7 months other than him single-handedly saving England and their team full of World beaters

Oh and when Madrid knocked City out of Europe and when he won the Champions League.

28 league games scoring 19 goals in his debut season in La Liga

Aye he’s had a fucking nightmare 2024 hahahaha

Bellingham ain't playing the ten role Boregate has given him a free role! Maybe give Foden that freedom and he would be more effective then Bellingham who has to many touches and continually gets in the spaces of all the other players!
It’s why our midfield is so porous….Bellingham occupies the space but then doesn’t defend it effectively…..I would like to see how England play without him in the side, I suspect we’d be much more solid through the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.