Jude Bellingham

This is what I find laughable whenever there is a football discussion emanating from the media. Bellingham and Kane have been on the pitch for well over three hours and for approximately a couple of seconds have done precisely the square root of fuck all. But those precious seconds have catapulted Bellingham into having scored the greatest goal in English football history, far surpassing any of the goals England scored in the final in '66, so 'Arry sez!
At least the ball crossed the goal line …..

I’ve not watched him the last 7 months other than him single-handedly saving England and their team full of World beaters

Oh and when Madrid knocked City out of Europe and when he won the Champions League.

28 league games scoring 19 goals in his debut season in La Liga

Aye he’s had a fucking nightmare 2024 hahahaha
Yeah, you’ve definitely not watched him then and are in the category that believes a goal means you’ve been brilliant.
The only nightmare is the shite you’re posting.

I’ve not watched him the last 7 months other than him single-handedly saving England and their team full of World beaters

Oh and when Madrid knocked City out of Europe and when he won the Champions League.

He was, even by Spanish media’s assessment, exceedingly poor in all of the Champions League knockout matches and had absolutely nothing to do with City being knocked out of the CL or Real Madrid winning it.

And how anyone could say Bellingham, of all players, has “single-handedly” saved England in these Euros is beyond understanding.

That’s all fair enough. That’s why I started the post with “if”—I think @domalino and a few others are misattributing the dislike for Bellingham on here and else where to the fact that he snubbed several teams, including City.

Are there petulant fans that dislike him because of that? Of course.

But do most fans dislike him for that reason? I think that is unlikely.

Also, the assertions that it is only City fans that have this level of dislike for him are simply patently false. There is widespread bemusement and fatigue amongst many sets of fans (clubs and countries) toward both his behaviour and the presses treatment of him, especially in the context of his actual level of performance.

For me it is the cognitive dissonance that appears to be rampant across various sectors of commentary that is the strangest element. He has generally been both poor and petulant on the pitch, exhibiting few—if any—characteristics of a phenom and leader, but so much of what is said and written about him by pundits, analysts, and support influencers says otherwise.

One of the greatest frustrations for me is that I feel gaslit every time I read some piece about him being England’s saviour. It comes off much like the things you read in certain “political” blogs about certain politicians.

I am constantly being told not to believe the evidence of my eyes.
No, you're just choosing not to believe the evidence that's before your eyes. Ask yourself why the greatest manager in history wanted to sign him? Why did the biggest club in the world go balls deep for him at the age of 20? You're wilfully ignoring the fact he is an exceptional young footballer. His brilliant goal, in the dying embers of the game when the pressure was dialed up, has taken us to the quarter finals; so he's already contributed more than any other England player this tournament. Is he perfect? Is he fuck. But what midfielders are at the age of 21? Fucking hell, Zidane was in and out of the Bordeaux team at his age. Any deficiencies in his game will be dealt with as he gets older. He's already achieved more than most footballers will in their entire careers. Some on here were comparing him to Daniel Sturridge earlier, Daniel fucking Sturridge.

And yes, he's petulant. But some of the greatest players ever were petulant. I'm talking about his ability as a footballer. You and a few others have an irrational dislike of him, it's hard to fathom really.

If it’s true - and from what others have said, it seems likely - that Bellend said, "Who else?", then that is the height of arrogance and self promotion that I don’t believe even PR37 reached.

I agree that he’s a very talented player, but with his attitude, I’m glad he’s as far away from Etihad as he is.

It's kind that you are giving him all the recognition and not his actual teammates, no wonder he has a god complex when so many people are vaping copious amounts of cack up his arse.

If Bellers and Kane hadn't have been picked we wouldn't have struggled.

He was, even by Spanish media’s assessment, exceedingly poor in all of the Champions League knockout matches and had absolutely nothing to do with City being knocked out of the CL or Real Madrid winning it.

And how anyone could say Bellingham, of all players, as “single-handedly” saved England in these Euros is beyond understanding.
Yeah, think it’s time for me to move on from this one.

Maybe its a generational thing, maybe a couple of good moments in a sea of crap washes the rest away for the tiktok and youtube generation and maybe others see the bigger picture where they can appreciate moments but the bigger picture matters as much as the singular moments and never the twain shall meet.

Humiliating, isn't it? Young lad becomes a mainstay in Madrid's midfield and he's average. It's satire at this stage.

No, you're just choosing not to believe the evidence that's before your eyes. Ask yourself why the greatest manager in history wanted to sign him? Why did the biggest club in the world go balls deep for him at the age of 20? You're wilfully ignoring the fact he is an exceptional young footballer. His brilliant goal, in the dying embers of the game when the pressure was dialed up, has taken us to the quarter finals; so he's already contributed more than any other England player this tournament. Is he perfect? Is he fuck. But what midfielders are at the age of 21? Fucking hell, Zidane was in and out of the Bordeaux team at his age. Any deficiencies in his game will be dealt with as he gets older. He's already achieved more than most footballers will in their entire careers. Some on here were comparing him to Daniel Sturridge earlier, Daniel fucking Sturridge.

And yes, he's petulant. But some of the greatest players ever were petulant. I'm talking about his ability as a footballer. You and a few others have an irrational dislike of him, it's hard to fathom really.
He’s an exceptional young player who hasn’t been anything like exceptional for a fair few months.
Your post reads more like a love letter though so probably not worth carrying on with the discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.