Jude Bellingham

Bellingham at present has these odd moments of world class ability. Not many in the England squad can score the kind of goal that he got the other day.
In terms of being consistently a world class performer over 90 minutes he's a long way off it from the full matches I've watched him play in for Madrid and England.
We live in an age where people mostly consume bitesized clips and viral moments, and form an overall opinion based on that. So when people see that overhead kick on repeat and clips of the unnecessary backheels and skills he has on the ball, they confuse that for someone who's performing well above his peers consistently thru a full game. Hence the over the top hype that people heap upon him.
I've got a mate who's still adamant even now that he pisses all over Rordi in terms of class and still calls Bellingham a proven world class player now. Mental to me. Being capable of world class moments every so often isn't enough when the rest of your game is pretty ineffectual.
The attitude stuff I don't really care about and I remain confused as to why people waste their own energy by being so up in arms about that side of him.

So are people saying we dodged a bullet with Bellingham?

Many wanted him to come here.
I wanted him here to play alongside KDB in the box to box role he had at Dortmund.

He is not a 10 however and hasn’t produced any good performances in any game I’ve seen him play this year. Will be interesting to see how he does next season assuming he goes back into midfield.

I think a great many of England problems would be solved by playing him alongside Rice, with Foden 10 and Eze or Gordon on the left ( oh and by having a left sided left back).

Bellingham at present has these odd moments of world class ability. Not many in the England squad can score the kind of goal that he got the other day.
In terms of being consistently a world class performer over 90 minutes he's a long way off it from the full matches I've watched him play in for Madrid and England.
We live in an age where people mostly consume bitesized clips and form an overall opinion based on that. So when people see that overhead kick on repeat and clips of the unnecessary backheels and skills he has on the ball, they confuse that for someone who's performing well above his peers consistently thru a full game. Hence the over the top hype that people heap upon him.
I've got a mate who's still adamant even now that he pisses all over Rordi in terms of class and still calls Bellingham a proven world class player now. Mental to me. Being capable of world class moments every so often isn't enough when the rest of your game is pretty ineffectual.
The attitude stuff I don't really care about and I remain confused as to why people waste their own energy by being so up in arms about that side of him.

Bellingham is a product that the media and advertising have jumped on without fully checking his world class credentials which really just aren't there.

The dislike of him isn't really that though, it's the fact that he's an arrogant vulgar accident waiting to happen and he's just going to get worse. Next season Le Strop is going to tear him a new one.

Thats one season that was riddled with injury and hes getting older. The fella has a body of work that exudes world class consistency over a number of years.
The season before he had a dip in form and Pep actually dropped him for a few games.

The point is every player will have a dip in form. In KDBs case though they have been fleeting and he’s always bounced back to the top player we all know he is

We live in an age where people mostly consume bitesized clips and viral moments, and form an overall opinion based on that. So when people see that overhead kick on repeat and clips of the unnecessary backheels and skills he has on the ball, they confuse that for someone who's performing well above his peers consistently thru a full game. Hence the over the top hype that people heap upon him.
It's pointless comparing Rodri to Bellingham. They're two different players entirely. It'd be like comparing Messi and Iniesta; both played in close proximity on the pitch for long periods of their careers, both all-time greats of the game, but players with differing attributes.

Although, interestingly, both Rodri and Bellingham have one thing common; delivering "clutch moments", as Gen FIFA like to say. If England or Spain get to the final, and you had to stake money on a player from each to deliver the deciding moment, I'd stake on Bellingham for England and Rodri for Spain.

The thing with Rooney is it was the media pinning everything on him to be the great hope. He wasn't walking around the pitch shouting "who else?" When he scored. Wasn't posting memes implying he's better than his team etc etc.

For all his faults off the pitch, and on sometimes, I don't think he was a selfish player like Bellingham, Ronaldo etc who want it to be their own show.

During a round of golf a good amateur may hit 4 or 5 shots that Mcllroy and Rahm would be proud of. What sets Rodri apart us the sheer consistency of his work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.