Jude Bellingham

I wanted him here to play alongside KDB in the box to box role he had at Dortmund.

He is not a 10 however and hasn’t produced any good performances in any game I’ve seen him play this year. Will be interesting to see how he does next season assuming he goes back into midfield.

I think a great many of England problems would be solved by playing him alongside Rice, with Foden 10 and Eze or Gordon on the left ( oh and by having a left sided left back).
Can’t remember who it was, but some barmpot was on here pre-Euros saying I was a KFA for saying Southgate had made a piss poor decision at LB / Trippier isn’t a LB. Wonder if he’s still on here and thinks Trippier is a suitable option…

The season before he had a dip in form and Pep actually dropped him for a few games.

The point is every player will have a dip in form. In KDBs case though they have been fleeting and he’s always bounced back to the top player we all know he is
No. The point is, iirc, the poster called Bellingham world class and very inconsistent. Very inconsistent is not a 'dip in form'

KDB is world class.
Bellingham is not.

It's pointless comparing Rodri to Bellingham. They're two different players entirely. It'd be like comparing Messi and Iniesta; both played in close proximity on the pitch for long periods of their careers, both all-time greats of the game, but players with differing attributes.

Although, interestingly, both Rodri and Bellingham have one thing common; delivering "clutch moments", as Gen FIFA like to say. If England or Spain get to the final, and you had to stake money on a player from each to deliver the deciding moment, I'd stake on Bellingham for England and Rodri for Spain.

I'd say that without Bellingham and Kane being picked as a starter for every single game and given preferential treatment we wouldn't have needed last gasp winners, up until now we have played teams we really should have smashed and we haven't.

Let's say Phil played in the number 10 position and Watkins was picked upfront (Why the fuck he agreed to go as a placeholder god only knows) and IMHO we win these games comfortably.

Imagine being Kane and Bellingham, always picked and neither being good enough over the last 4 games to wear the shirt, the waistcoat however will persevere with his stupidity and we will get dumped out in a penalty shootout, the finals have been a damp squib and it's going to be more of the same because either way waistcoat and Co will be rewarded for their failure.

Not nearly everyone. Everyone. And now because he's delivering for England whilst Phil isn't, he's average.

Strange how the human mind works. Also sadly predictable.
When you’ve got to the point where you blindly support a player who by most metrics has been very poor throughout the tournament then you’re not worth engaging with.
Now, there’s no denying he’s scored two very important goals but if you can honestly sit there and claim he’s been anything other than below average you’re just a fanboy/girl at this point.
I imagine most wanted him here from Dortmund because at a very young age he looked like he had all the ability in the world and Pep could turn him into something special.
This version of Bellingham isn’t that player though and add in his highly unlikable attitude and egotistical manner in which he struts around the pitch getting in players faces and being on the cusp of a red most games it’s not rocket science to figure out why some may have changed their minds on him.
Accusing blues of only thinking this way because he didn’t want to come here is the only predictable thing taking place here.

Not nearly everyone. Everyone. And now because he's delivering for England whilst Phil isn't, he's average.

Delivering for England, he’s scored two goals that it, the rest of time I’ve not seen him create chances or put in any decent performance, Phil has worked tirelessly and unfortunate not score two, one offside and hitting the post in a previous game. He’s created chances for others and played out of position for the team, I think we have won despite Bellingham not because of him, it’s not all his fault, lots of that lies at Southgate feet.

Has he performed well in the last 4 months of the season including the last 4 games for England?
Have we learned more about him in the last 6-12 months than when at Dortmund.

You know you are allowed to change your opinion when given more information. Funny how the human mind works.

I'd say that without Bellingham and Kane being picked as a starter for every single game and given preferential treatment we wouldn't have needed last gasp winners, up until now we have played teams we really should have smashed and we haven't.

Let's say Phil played in the number 10 position and Watkins was picked upfront (Why the fuck he agreed to go as a placeholder god only knows) and IMHO we win these games comfortably.

Imagine being Kane and Bellingham, always picked and neither being good enough over the last 4 games to wear the shirt, the waistcoat however will persevere with his stupidity and we will get dumped out in a penalty shootout, the finals have been a damp squib and it's going to be more of the same because either way waistcoat and Co will be rewarded for their failure.
But you're dealing with hypotheticals. If we get to the final and win the thing, with Bellingham scoring the winner, we'll still have some on here saying "oh well we'd have won 5-0 if Foden/Madison/deleteasappropriate had played instead". Last season we won the league ostensibly without De Bruyne. Do we turn round and say we'd have stormed it more with Kev, or give credit to the players that actually delivered? I love Phil to bits, but he doesn't look the same when playing for England (understandable) so Bellingham isn't going to be shifted on a hypothetical scenario when he's delivering the killer moments. And suggesting neither he nor Kane are fit to wear the shirt is lunacy.

Delivering for England, he’s scored two goals that it, the rest of time I’ve not seen him create chances or put in any decent performance, Phil has worked tirelessly and unfortunate not score two, one offside and hitting the post in a previous game. He’s created chances for others and played out of position for the team, I think we have won despite Bellingham not because of him, it’s not all his fault, lots of that lies at Southgate feet.

Bellingham has played 33 games for England, here are some stats from other WORLD CLASS players for context.

Danny Welbeck26 Nov 19902011 - 2018421629 Mar 201111 Sep 2018

Marcus Rashford31 Oct 19972016 - 2024601727 May 201623 Mar 2024

Peter Crouch30 Jan 19812005 - 2010422231 May 200517 Nov 2010

Tony Woodcock06 Dec 19551978 - 1986421616 May 197826 Feb 1986

Bukayo Saka05 Sep 20012020 - 2024371108 Oct 202030 Jun 2024

Daniel Sturridge01 Sep 19892011 - 201726815 Nov 201108 Oct 2017

There are loads more more prolific goalscorers than he is and many many more England midfielders who have better stats all around and not treated to the anal vaping.

I mean, Daniel Sturridge FFS?

When you’ve got to the point where you blindly support a player who by most metrics has been very poor throughout the tournament then you’re not worth engaging with.
Now, there’s no denying he’s scored two very important goals but if you can honestly sit there and claim he’s been anything other than below average you’re just a fanboy/girl at this point.
I imagine most wanted him here from Dortmund because at a very young age he looked like he had all the ability in the world and Pep could turn him into something special.
This version of Bellingham isn’t that player though and add in his highly unlikable attitude and egotistical manner in which he struts around the pitch getting in players faces and being on the cusp of a red most games it’s not rocket science to figure out why some may have changed their minds on him.
Accusing blues of only thinking this way because he didn’t want to come here is the only predictable thing taking place here.
I think he has been below average, for his standards, but he's still had a bigger impact than any other England player at this stage. That can't be disputed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.