Jude Bellingham

I can only comment on what I have seen. As for saying he is 2nd favourite for the Balon d'or, so what ! It's a media lead thing that Messi won last year when playing in America. I'm guessing Rodri is the favourite to win this.
The Spanish league isn't strong so easy to shine in that league.
100% correct about the Balon D'Or; it's just some European football marketing prop used to ensure popularity and viewing figures ...etc. ZERO CREDIBILITY.

Whoever wins it this year will play for a country that do well at this tournament, they probably won't have to have done anything spectacular in the games as an individual, but their team needs to win it. It's bullshit.

He had a good half a season and dropped off.

Being up for Ballon d'or is more to do with PR than anything. He has a massive PR machine behind him.

Do you think Foden would be one of the favourites for Ballon d'or if City won the champions league? He got more goals and assists than Bellingham got last season if people care about stats, yet I feel he wouldn't be close to getting a ballon d'or no matter what we won, he just hasn't got that media backing.

I don't think Bellingham is anything special. He has a decent eye for goal. He doesn't really run games, not a particular great passer or possessing great vision, not particularly skillful in the sense he's gonna take a ball in a tight space and still be a danger to defences.

I think he's just a decent athlete that gets around the pitch well and chips in with goals because he has decent timing. Essentially a slightly better version of Scott McTominay and playing in a side where most games are uncompetitive.

Give it a few years and I truly believe Bellingham won't be held in the same regard as he is now. I don't think the ability matches the hype and it'll die down and people will see a good player, not great player.
Great assessment of him this.

But what games have YOU personally seen him show he’s above average this calendar year?
He’s been anonymous in all the champions league games I’ve seen and for England has been equally as bad so I would assume with UEFAs track record he will win player of the tournament at the Euros as well as the balon d’or to add to his ego

De Bruyne was pretty inconsistent for us last season, but he's world class.
Be careful. I got abuse yesterday for suggesting KDB had a dip in form. Poster obviously missing the point I was making is he is one of the best players in the World but , very occasionally, his form can drop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.