Jude Bellingham

Spot on.

If you have Bellingham and Rice behind Foden, you risk Foden not getting many touches. If you stick Foden as an 8 he can do what he wants, influence the game more, and Bellingham can continue to drift in and out of games but hopefully pop up with goals.
I said before the tournament that Southgate needed to get these three synergised, and the rest of the team would take care of it itself. It's an indictment on his qualities as a coach that he can't get these three playing together as a unit.

Can’t remember who it was, but some barmpot was on here pre-Euros saying I was a KFA for saying Southgate had made a piss poor decision at LB / Trippier isn’t a LB. Wonder if he’s still on here and thinks Trippier is a suitable option…
Oi!

Round here we call them muffinpots!

Unless Bellingham is suspended after his stupid gesture, I think Southgate will drop Foden. He doesn’t deserve it, but a section of the media seem to be on Phil’s back, even though he has put more effort in and shown more initiative than any of his team-mates.
Those bastards haven't got over the total lack of interest in the advice that Phil had to be shipped out on loan for a season or two before he found his PL feet. I wonder how many of those know-nowts had to eat their words and vote for him in the FWA PotS award. They must have choked on their canapés!

Now they see a second chance of glueing him on the bench in the later stages of Uefa's lacklustre competition.

Unless Bellingham is suspended after his stupid gesture, I think Southgate will drop Foden. He doesn’t deserve it, but a section of the media seem to be on Phil’s back, even though he has put more effort in and shown more initiative than any of his team-mates.
I don’t think he will be. He is the most likely to be, sure, but I don’t think a manager plays someone for 95 mins to then drop him. Had he taken him off after say 65 mins then I’d be inclined to agree. But he kept him on for the full game basically - he clearly doesn’t see it as the issue.

Case in point Sky Sports’ “Six England Problems Southgate Has to Fix” statistical analysis which inexplicably focuses on City players—particularly Foden—as issue areas, despite the actual statistics they include throughout the analysis (including in the sections specifically about City players) showing that other players are performing far worse, especially a certain mime in midfield.

Beyond simply agenda (both pro-Bellingham and anti-City), I think it also comes down to their fact that having a go at City players is an easy way to realise higher engagement with articles and commentary.

Unfortunately, this means our lads are scapegoated by default, whilst other players get free passes to perform poorly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.