Jude Bellingham

There's a decent Guardian article on him (I know). Basically saying he's not a 6, 8 or 10 but just roams about causing chaos amongst the England midfield where before him there was control. So England's arguably biggest threat is also their greatest weakness. Who Else indeed.

Barney Ronay on Guardians football podcast says "It's clear that Bellingham is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. In fact no player in the history of football has been as good as Bellingham thinks he is"

our commentator quoted an english journalist during one of england games. it was basically bellingham fc, and can the other players keep up with him and not disappoint him, something like that. like he’s playing with armenia national team. what did he actually do to to be worshipped like that so early in his career? except choosing his pr people wisely.
I heard that myself. Felt nauseous instantly when I heard it. Someone else referenced Bellingham time when a game with zero relevance to him went into injury time. I get it. The PR towards him is monstrously over the top. I have more of an issue with that than Bellingham himself. I get the egotistical stuff that everyone mentions on here, I'm just not personally bothered by it. Probably because I've been watchjy all manner of sport for nearly 40 years so kind of seen it all before. It's not worth my time to get so vexed when a hyper young lad says some stupid things in the press.

There's a decent Guardian article on him (I know). Basically saying he's not a 6, 8 or 10 but just roams about causing chaos amongst the England midfield where before him there was control. So England's arguably biggest threat is also their greatest weakness. Who Else indeed.

Barney Ronay on Guardians football podcast says "It's clear that Bellingham is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. In fact no player in the history of football has been as good as Bellingham thinks he is"
It is refreshing to have bit of balance for a change. Even if it is Barney Ronay and the Guardian.

Last edited:
Until we get a manager with the knowledge of winning and how to handle players and get them to play then it does not matter who we have in the squad, Messi Ronaldo would look crap playing for Southgate.

Bellingham, Foden, They are lost under Southgate and how can they shine when being asked to do a job for the team.
Pep Jose Klopp would build the team around them and have them get on the ball at every chance because they are the match winners.

Build a solid base to work from and play in a false 9 and Foden Bellingham Saka would rip teams apart

Very early in the article he directly states that Southgates use of Bellingham has contributed heavily to how confused and disorientated our attacking play has been. I'd say that's attributing accountability to both of them. As for Foden, at least he's not been hung out to dry and argued to be dropped by this journalist.
I think Bellingham got off fairly easy, personally.

But perhaps that is because I think he needs to be dropped, so anything less than calling for that is client journalism for me.

And the omission of his impact on Foden, whilst mentioning nearly everyone else, is rather suspect in my mind.

Before too long, I should think some of the England players are going to get a little fed up with JB claiming all the credit for winning games and suggesting, he alone (Who Else?"), will be the star.
I think it was the 2016 Euros (won by Portugal). After the semi-final, all the press questions to manager Santos were about CR7 (who scored). Santos, getting narked, replied "If I had sent Ronaldo out to play on his own, I don't think we would have won, it's a team game"

It is refreshing to have bit of balance for a change. Even if it is Barney Ronay and the Guardian.
There was an acceptance from all the panel that the sycophancy towards him is nauseating.

Their contempt for Guy Mowbrays obsequious commentary on Ronaldo was amusing. I'm in Turkey watching the games. And the change of octave and decibels when the Portuguese lady boy had the ball was very annoying. Even Mrs O said why do they go mental when Ronaldo is near the ball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.