Jude Bellingham

Well certainly these awards are. Its like the GQ awards.

The actual game itself is becoming more like chess on a field. Apart from a few great players and the odd team and match, a lot of football is so heavily influenced by extremely concise instructions that a lot of games seem stifled by it. You don't mind when it creates good football like City, but many teams are so well drilled rather than skilled and it's a borefest.
I hate to say it but we can be a tad boring sometimes to watch. Mainly due to the oppositions approach but nonetheless it's all getting a bit too professional and cynical is football.

Last edited:
I'm watching the England game here.

It's a real shame Bellingham didn't sign for Pep. He could be the new Toure if he would follow instructions.
Alas, he seems to think he's he finished article now. The boy has a lot to learn.

Remove Kane, put Gordon or eze on the right and have jude up top, the team would be decent.
It would be fascinating to see what Pep could do with a humble Bellingham and what position he would deploy him in. He is very raw in many ways and certainly plays for himself rather than the team. If I had a choice between him and a 21 year old Gundo, Yaya, Spanish Dave or KdB he would be bottom of the list.

Bellingham can't dictate from deep. What he is probably capable of is taking the strain off Kev's running with the ball and is a decent finisher. Tactically he is still defiecent in that department despite the hype.

It would be fascinating to see what Pep could do with a humble Bellingham and what position he would deploy him in. He is very raw in many ways and certainly plays for himself rather than the team. If I had a choice between him and a 21 year old Gundo, Yaya, Spanish Dave or KdB he would be bottom of the list.
Isn't anymore humble than Jadon Sancho.

The lad is on a path to mediocrity.

This is RAWKish levels of delusion.

Like Bellingham, dislike him, rate him, don’t rate him, there is no way in this world or any other that he’s “on a path to mediocrity” as he ends his debut season in Spain as Real Madrid and La Ligas player of the year with a bunch of major trophies.

This is RAWKish levels of delusion.

Like Bellingham, dislike him, rate him, don’t rate him, there is no way in this world or any other that he’s “on a path to mediocrity” as he ends his debut season in Spain as Real Madrid and La Ligas player of the year with a bunch of major trophies.

That's one season, let's see where he is in 4.

He was pretty poor for the second half of the season. Madrid fans won't keep tolerating that now they have Mbappe. They'll be all over Mbappe like he's their new Ronaldo. Bellingham won't get anywhere near the same adulation. That'll mean all the noise and hype will die down and then the focus will purely be on his football. If he continues like the second half of last season, it'll turn sour for him at Madrid rather quickly.

I don't really rate his all round game. Once the smoke clears, people will just see a decent player. He won't be considered one of the elite players in the world by the next world cup or euros.

Lol!! We will never know. The lad is on a path to mediocrity.

But on past player and man management development, I'd say Pep would get a very good team player out of Bellingham. Yes, even Toure levels of greatness if he applied himself (possibly).
Pep cant make people run faster, take free kicks better or pass better. Both technically and physically Toure destroys him.

Pep could probably make him more humble, less selfish and more tactically astute.

That's one season, let's see where he is in 4

Like I said, RAWKish comment.

We - Txiki and Pep - wanted to buy him for £100m before that season.

Probably because last season before he was the Bundesliga player of the season.

Oh and before that he was EFL young player of the season because he was outstanding in the championship at 16 years old.

And before that he was captain of every England youth team, the youngest ever England u21 player and Englands 3rd youngest senior player.

Jude Bellingham has been on the path to international stardom since he was about 10 years old and he’s delivered every single step of the way from youth football up to being the star player for Real Madrid at 18. He’s made all the difficult transitions already, and your biggest criticism of him seems to be that at 18 he’s not “the finished article”. To which the obvious answer is “who is the finished article at 18?” Foden sure wasn’t, Messi wasn’t, Ronaldo wasn’t…

Maybe he’ll suddenly implode and disappear from elite football, maybe Pep and Txiki and Ancelotti and every other manager at an elite club who’d love to have him just can’t read the game like you, but if he does it’ll be one of the biggest shocks in the last 20 years.

Theres no fucking way anyone who is even pretending to have a credible opinion would say he’s “on the path to mediocrity”.

Honestly this opinion is less serious than “Harry Kane’s just a one season wonder” and not much better than “Ibe will be bette than Sterling”.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.