Jude Bellingham

The game management from Luis de la Fuente at the start of the 2nd half In the face of adversity when Rodri got injured was astonishing. He dropped his defence deeper and pushed his wide players forward - thus stretching the game and giving his own team more space in the middle.
Suddenly England were in serious trouble and quickly conceded as a result.
You are Dave Bassett and I win £5.

He has talent but he's selfish and not the most intelligent either. Brain wise he seems far off the likes of Kev, Gundo and Rodri. Admittedly, he's still very young, but the attitude stinks.

Wouldn't be surprised if the first half of last season remained the best in his career.

Bellend reminds me of john Barnes, Barnes career was carried on that goal against Brazil. Bellend career will be carried by an over head goal
Bellend is just a glory hunting, egotistical person who plays for himself. Never a team player, just an overhyped balloon who has Southgate and the media wrapped around his finger. If I was Foden, Walker or Stones I'd be gripping Bellend round the throat and slapping seven shades of shit out of him for his selfish attitude costing them a winners medal. Thank God we never signed him.

Ok. I'm going to admit something — I was pretty amazed by what I felt was an excessive level of vituperation and hatred for him on this forum in the early stages of the tournament.
I've always respected Seb Blue's posts though — they tend to be thought out,balanced and constructive— and his sustained criticism of him forced me to take a closer look.

Here's the thing — when you start paying even casual attention to the English media (I don't live in the U.K.) you are struck by the fact that this young man is not simply being recognised as a good midfield player with still a fair bit to prove, in short, a fine prospect. He is being acclaimed like the fucking Messiah! Truly, I'm not exaggerating. What did I see on the BBC website only a couple of days ago? A reference to him as (I quote) “the Crown Prince”.
Then you look at him, and follow him closely on the pitch. Last night I concentrated particularly on him, as I did during the Netherlands game. He scored an excellent goal that saved England's bacon at the group stage. That's it. That's really just about the sum total of what he did of note during the tournament. Apart from anything else, he kept losing the ball last night (he wasn't the only one). He couldn't give us possession. Strikingly, his close control just isn't very good — that the harsh, unvarnished truth. I'm going on the evidence of my eyes, nothing else.

It's the truly jarring disjunction between the way he's represented and what he's actually delivering that is the wind-up.

Nobody's acclaiming Phil as the “Crown Prince of English Football” (I also saw a reference to Bellingham about a week ago as “England's Main Man”!) Nor should they. He had a mediocre tournament (you can put it down to Southgate, you can put it down to Bellingham, I don't really care, somewhere along the line he's got to take responsibility, and I'm sure he would, because he's a young man with his head on his shoulders).

By way of a reasonable comparison, Gazza had a much greater impact, and you could see in front of your eyes what all the fuss was about. Even Rooney — let's tell the truth to shame the devil! — had significantly more of an impact initially for England. But this guy? He has it all to prove on the international stage, and yet the English media have got their collective tongue so far up his arse I'm actually embarrassed for them. And boy does he love it.

Last edited:
He has talent but he's selfish and not the most intelligent either. Brain wise he seems far off the likes of Kev, Gundo and Rodri. Admittedly, he's still very young, but the attitude stinks.

Wouldn't be surprised if the first half of last season remained the best in his career.
Very Pogba ish, could Pep have coached the Pogba out of him, or out of Pogba for that matter. We'll never know but suspect he could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.