Jude Bellingham

He undoubtedly has moments, such as his overhead kick v Slovakia, but that’s all I see, moments. His work rate is absolutely appalling, his sulky entitled demeanour even worse. Foden was pressing last night, even Kane was, but Spain just passed around them to the side where Bellingham was and they were away. I’d love to see his running stats v Phil’s

He undoubtedly has moments, such as his overhead kick v Slovakia, but that’s all I see, moments. His work rate is absolutely appalling, his sulky entitled demeanour even worse. Foden was pressing last night, even Kane was, but Spain just passed around them to the side where Bellingham was and they were away. I’d love to see his running stats v Phil’s
I agree. According to the daily fail, Foden ran the most miles in the England team, 7.2 miles. Bellingham ran 6.1. Wonder when our pundits and journalists will analyse that……

Either that, or he'd be turned into the kind of player he supposedly has the potential for being, i.e. an absolutely major talent. It would be one or the other.
Not sure he wouldn't survive in a Guardiola team. Seems an intelligent young man and I think he'd thrive in our team.

I would like to think Pep could do it, but not even he is a miracle worker, and my strong impression now is that Bellingham’s natural mentality (and the strong influence of the entire entourage and apparatus around him beginning during his brief stint at Dortmund and made more dominate over the past year) is just not conducive to a team-focused role.

For me, he is very much a “it’s all about me” Ronaldo or Ibra type player who is and never will be a team player (at least not until his powers and prestige are waning and he is forced to play that way to extend his career; even then he would probably forgo that and take a fat contract in the MLS), which Pep would never tolerate.

A lot of stories coming out that it's an unlikeable arrogant twat. Good to see people waking up to it. Sam Lee alluded to it a couple of weeks ago.

That's the Dortmund and England dressing room saying it. Not surprised he fits in at Madrid, that dressing room is full of them.

The hatred for Bellingham on here is pretty pathetic. I get that he's over hyped by the media. I get that he chose Madrid over us.
And he appears a touch arrogant.
I'm guessing if Jack had chosen United over us we'd all be slagging him off in an England shirt .
The truth is that Bellingham and Foden are not yet at the level of Rodri, De Bruyne etc but are very good players who under a decent manager would have performed better.
According to reports, a lot of English players can't stand him and the Dortmund dressing room was glad to get rid of him. It's not just on here.

He's clearly talented and I would have absolutely taken him at City last summer. At the time I didn't pay much attention to the rumours that the Dortmund dressing room was better without him - probably why I'm not in recruitment.

His attitude seems to be a problem though. I'm all for confidence, even a touch of arrogance if you've earned it.

But however old you are and whatever you've achieved, you need to turn up to every competition as if you have something to prove, and with a healthy understanding that football is a team sport and the spotlight won't always be on you but you still have to give your all.

Bellingham turned up to the Euros with the air of a man with nothing to prove (no doubt encouraged by the manager and media's depiction of him as the saviour of English football). He scored a couple of good goals but the rest of his game still needs work - as you'd expect in a player of his age.

Needs to dial down the petulance and work on his positioning, pressing, passing etc.

No doubt there's a very good player in there, with a load of potential, but he needs a manager with a tighter leash than Southgate has on him.

According to reports, a lot of English players can't stand him and the Dortmund dressing room was glad to get rid of him. It's not just on here.
The DT this morning suggested that he kicked the case of water bottles out of 'frustration'. I'd be more inclined to suggest he was fuckin' annoyed that he couldn't go back to real to take the piss out of his Spanish team mates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.