Julian Draxler

BlueDejong said:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/589197/artikel_heldt-hatte-schlaflose-naechte-wegen-draxler.html

Heldt had sleepless nights because Draxler

How long does Julian Draxler (19) nor in royal blue? Already this summer, the young star could leave Schalke 04, and the danger was real: Horst Heldt even so had sleepless nights. Nevertheless, the sporting director is confident that Draxler remains beyond 2014 - and that Schalke within striking distance of BVB goes into the season.

45.5 million euros - this sum will probably still hang for a long time like a sword of Damocles over Gelsenkirchen. It is the committed amount, can get to the Julian Draxler from its valid until 2018 working paper. "Back then, Julian has said such a sum is utopian," said sporting director Horst Held against the SID recalls. "Now I am annoyed that I have not recognized even higher."

For those 45.5 million would put many a top club already this summer on the table. Although Draxler belong in his position "among the top three in Europe." But "I did not think that clubs actually want to pay so much money for a 19-year-old so quickly," says Heldt and admits. "In that case I have had sleepless nights."

Heldt would bet that Draxler is also next summer

Draxler hit the lucrative offers from all - but what is not in this year can still be in the next yes. "Julian has a clear career plan," Heldt said recently. "Whom he draws consistently the most important. Deciding themselves and not let others decide about it." Draxler's self-designed ideal line is therefore as follows: "Only on Schalke are the leading force" (Heldt) and then, probably 2014 already, take the step to a top international club.

But that is not so easy Heldt will resign naturally, he would even bet that next summer Draxler not go. "It may be that we have a good season, it makes it so much fun, he sees himself in place and is then convinced to stay longer," he hopes. "It can also happen quite a lot of negative, and he remains at the end. I do not think he is already fixed as leaving next year." The Draxler had even been vehemently denied.

-

Yeah, It's true. City paid Buy-out clause for Draxler, but he rejected us.

Draxler is the kid. Over Isco, over Jovetic, Draxler is what we need. Boy if we could get him somehow.

The attacking midfielder had a difficult time deciding whether he was ready to move abroad, while he has ruled out joining Borussia Dortmund

Julian Draxler admits snubbing interest from Real Madrid and Manchester City in favour of staying at Schalke caused him sleepless nights.

The Germany international reportedly received offers worth up to €60 million [£51.8m] over a five-year period earlier this summer, but Draxler eventually opted to stay at his current club as he felt the time was not right to move abroad yet.

"I had sleepless nights about it. I was on holiday in Egypt with my girlfriend and sat alone on the balcony thinking about what to do," Draxler told Bild when questioned about Madrid and City's offers.

"It was not an easy decision. You never know whether you will ever get such an offer again. In the end, I followed my heart and decided to remain at Schalke."

The 19-year-old then went on to discuss a potential transfer to Borussia Dortmund and again stressed that he would never leave Schalke for their arch-rivals.

"Unless they brainwash me, I will never join Dortmund."

Draxler has a contract with Schalke until June 2018, but has a €45.5 million [£39.3m] release clause.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956/transfer-zone/2013/08/05/4166700/draxler-i-lost-sleep-over-real-madrid-manchester-city-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956/tra ... ity-offers</a>

Julian Draxler admits snubbing interest from Real Madrid and Manchester City in favour of staying at Schalke caused him sleepless nights.

The Germany international reportedly received offers worth up to €60 million [£51.8m] over a five-year period earlier this summer, but Draxler eventually opted to stay at his current club as he felt the time was not right to move abroad yet.

"I had sleepless nights about it. I was on holiday in Egypt with my girlfriend and sat alone on the balcony thinking about what to do," Draxler told Bild when questioned about Madrid and City's offers.

"It was not an easy decision. You never know whether you will ever get such an offer again. In the end, I followed my heart and decided to remain at Schalke."

The 19-year-old then went on to discuss a potential transfer to Borussia Dortmund and again stressed that he would never leave Schalke for their arch-rivals.

"Unless they brainwash me, I will never join Dortmund."

Draxler has a contract with Schalke until June 2018, but has a €45.5 million [£39.3m] release clause

FantasyIreland said:

Beat you to it ;)

Milner7 said:
FantasyIreland said:

Beat you to it ;)

Good lad,nice to see someone who can use a search facility!

when we all keep saying the Epl is all about competition,how can u bring in a youth player who doesn't improve on the modern game of today.it's shame we're talking about talents when we know the young talents here don't have work ethics and discipline to grow as footballers.the media too have a hand in not helping the youth understand what it takes to be a talent with future.go to spain and germany and see what they teach or do for 24hours just to grow in the game.

he will be better than Gotze, fair play if he's turned us down but at least we're looking at these types of players.

Fair play to the lad for turning down the money and staying put,
Hopefully he will progress as a player and when the time is right he'll come to us.

I agree, fair play to him choosing development over the big move at a young age.

I have a feeling our interest in Draxler may just rekindle next Summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.