Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video][/video]
oakiecokie said:
Does this open the door for City ? Perhaps we can`t get Pep G. even for next year,assuming that was the plan and Klopp is waiting in the wings to come in once the season ends.Perhaps thats why we have been reluctant to show the door to MP after some worrying results,but it would not surprise me one little bit to see him come in this summer.
Very charismatic person and certainly shows he doesn`t suffer fools gladly.
Would love to see him at City if we decide that MP is on his way out.

He fits the blueprint.... We need to be utilising the academy and for me, what he did with the youth at Dortmund, is something our owners will be itching for. He's also a nut job, right up my street, and most importantly, if he builds a team that is balanced around youth and experience, it wouldn't be sold from under him.... He'd be my number 1 choice!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
[video][/video]
oakiecokie said:
Does this open the door for City ? Perhaps we can`t get Pep G. even for next year,assuming that was the plan and Klopp is waiting in the wings to come in once the season ends.Perhaps thats why we have been reluctant to show the door to MP after some worrying results,but it would not surprise me one little bit to see him come in this summer.
Very charismatic person and certainly shows he doesn`t suffer fools gladly.
Would love to see him at City if we decide that MP is on his way out.

He fits the blueprint.... We need to be utilising the academy and for me, what he did with the youth at Dortmund, is something our owners will be itching for. He's also a nut job right up my street, and most importantly, if he builds a team that is balanced around youth and experience, it wouldn't be sold from under him.... He'd be my number 1 choice!!!

Was sold at this point

He's says he is not taking a break from football so we should get him as a priority. May put us in a strong position to buy any Dortmund players like Reus/Hummels and the press conferences would be much more entertaining!!!!

bluechampion7891 said:
could it be a case of Pep to City and Klopp to Bayern (he was linked several years ago wasn't he?)?

Please give up on this idea we are "waiting for Pep". It's a pipe dream from the same people who seem to think we are Barca Mach2 simply because of Txiki and Ferran. All we've done is addressed the commercial side as was done at Barca and that's seen our global appeal rise and our income rise hugely. We've implemented a new academy with the most sensible approach to the game there can be - teach kids to pass, control and to actually be good at football. Iron out the concentration (that the English love) on physicality at the back and pace up front and instead get players to be good at football first and foremost. That way no matter what the tactics you can pass it out from the back, you can keep control under pressure etc.

That might point to Pep as an obvious manager one day, but it would be barmy to simply wait for him. It doesn't make any sense. We can't risk having a poor season whilst we wait for Pep. Equally if we have a cracking season, why should we hire Pep. Yes our owners may well believe in cycles of management - but I don't believe we have anything more than a desire to see him at the club one day. Maybe in the future our paths will line up. Personally I would be going all out for Klopp. He is someone I admire a lot, someone who has managed to mould young and proven players and win things. He's got pedigree in Europe and he's had the honour to leave Dortmund after a poor season.

He's also a manager to bring us fans really in touch with the club and will be a real character in the same vein as Mancini. I would love to see him at the club. If we got Pep it would turn into the Pep v Mourinho show, both would be bigger than the clubs they manage. If we get Klopp then I think we'd see the academy and first team merge together and I think we'd have a cracking journey with him. He'd get his blue and white scarf on and he'd be there kicking every ball.

supercity88 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
could it be a case of Pep to City and Klopp to Bayern (he was linked several years ago wasn't he?)?

Please give up on this idea we are "waiting for Pep". It's a pipe dream from the same people who seem to think we are Barca Mach2 simply because of Txiki and Ferran. All we've done is addressed the commercial side as was done at Barca and that's seen our global appeal rise and our income rise hugely. We've implemented a new academy with the most sensible approach to the game there can be - teach kids to pass, control and to actually be good at football. Iron out the concentration (that the English love) on physicality at the back and pace up front and instead get players to be good at football first and foremost. That way no matter what the tactics you can pass it out from the back, you can keep control under pressure etc.

That might point to Pep as an obvious manager one day, but it would be barmy to simply wait for him. It doesn't make any sense. We can't risk having a poor season whilst we wait for Pep. Equally if we have a cracking season, why should we hire Pep. Yes our owners may well believe in cycles of management - but I don't believe we have anything more than a desire to see him at the club one day. Maybe in the future our paths will line up. Personally I would be going all out for Klopp. He is someone I admire a lot, someone who has managed to mould young and proven players and win things. He's got pedigree in Europe and he's had the honour to leave Dortmund after a poor season.

He's also a manager to bring us fans really in touch with the club and will be a real character in the same vein as Mancini. I would love to see him at the club. If we got Pep it would turn into the Pep v Mourinho show, both would be bigger than the clubs they manage. If we get Klopp then I think we'd see the academy and first team merge together and I think we'd have a cracking journey with him. He'd get his blue and white scarf on and he'd be there kicking every ball.

it was just an idea. (like the Klopp to Real and Carlo to City). I don't dig for Pep

at this moment almost anyone will be an improvement over what we have

More and more i think of klopp i get the feeling he is perfect for us. It basically has 2 advantage. He definitely is a v v good manager tactically good as any managers and with fire in the stomach unlike pellegrini.
Second viera will be his assistant manager and after few years we can appoint viera as our manager.
Well there is a question mark how he will play when opponents park the bus. If he can manage that part then he will be the best.

gazzaa2 said:
There's only so long you can keep pulling rabbits out of the hat when your rivals have 3 x your budget and buy your best player every year.

Of the ten thousand variables within each football match, one is pretty easy to see - yer best players have been poached and yer don't get like for like replacements. Same with City - Tevez, Barry, de Jong. The three mentioned weren't poached but we certainly haven't replaced like with like.

I've built myself up for this so much now, I'll be disappointed if we hire anyone else. Perfect fit for City in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.