just back, and believe we have appointed a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
flb said:
Mancini's on a hiding to nothing-its not his team for a start and half of what Hughes bought is turning out to be absolute dogshit (Adebayor,Toure,Bridge)

He needs a transfer window at least,then we can judge him

This is the trouble when you change your manager mid-season

What? Toure is questionable but the other two are top drawer
Adebayor was top drawer up until his ban,Bridge is a homesick southerner whos far too one footed.

Ireland,SWP have been extremely average all season-so we have half our strikeforce,midfield and defence under peforming

can you now see the problem?

Didsbury Dave said:
flb said:
Ireland and Adebayor have been shit for a long time before Mancini arrived-and SWP at this moment in time is like a speedboat without a pilot.

SWp was at his best before his injury. Even early season when he had some poor games he still opened teams up for us and created a lot of goals. Ireland was played out of position by hughes this season but is one of the best playmakers in the league. Adebayor looked shaky mainly because of the way Hughes's team kept pumping 60 yard looping balls at him.

Those three, along with Tevez and Bellamy are our matchwinners. Get a combination of them working right and we'll beat anyone.

DD-i agree but they arnt performing are they-and thats playing under two managers,and in Irelands case 5 managers!!!

Didsbury Dave said:
flb said:
Mancini's on a hiding to nothing-its not his team for a start and half of what Hughes bought is turning out to be absolute dogshit (Adebayor,Toure,Bridge)

He needs a transfer window at least,then we can judge him

This is the trouble when you change your manager mid-season

Adebayor's driving me up the wall at the moment to be honest.

It's nothing to do with the usual gripes, it's the fact that he's constantly out on the flanks. As we know, we haven't got much presence in the box at the best of times so we need him in there, but when he should be giving it wide and then spinning off into the box, he gives it and then follows the ball. He's been doing this since he returned and he needs telling that he's leading our line and reminded of his duties.

The daft thing is, when he's facing the goal and running onto the ball there is no defender in the country who will outjump him. Let's use him like that then. However, we need the wingers to be playing on their correct sides for this to happen as well.

In regard to Mancini, It's far too early to pass judgement but let's just say I'm far from impressed.

By the way, anyone who can guess the team and formation for tomorrow's game deserves a gold pig. I've given up trying.

m27 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Adebayor's driving me up the wall at the moment to be honest.

It's nothing to do with the usual gripes, it's the fact that he's constantly out on the flanks. As we know, we haven't got much presence in the box at the best of times so we need him in there, but when he should be giving it wide and then spinning off into the box, he gives it and then follows the ball. He's been doing this since he returned and he needs telling that he's leading our line and reminded of his duties.

The daft thing is, when he's facing the goal and running onto the ball there is no defender in the country who will outjump him. Let's use him like that then. However, we need the wingers to be playing on their correct sides for this to happen as well.

In regard to Mancini, It's far too early to pass judgement but let's just say I'm far from impressed.

By the way, anyone who can guess the team and formation for tomorrow's game deserves a gold pig. I've given up trying.

I agree about Adebayor. He's drifting out wide because the manager is either playing with no wingers or one footed wingers on the wrong flank, cutting inside.

Get him in the middle. Get SWP and Bellers running past people on the flanks so they can whip it in for him to get his head onto in the way you say. Remember his header against Arsenal? That's it in a nutshell.

Didsbury Dave said:
Scooby Blue said:
I'm getting a bit fed up with the attempts to shout down anyone who is daring to say that our new emperor is wearing no clothes.

The frustration that is coming out is a reflection of the very poor performance vs Hull BUT it is not just based on that one game.

- the wrong substitute to replace Santa Cruz vs Everton (+ poor team performance)
- a lucky scraped win vs Portsmouth that had echoes of the Pearce regime for entertainment value
- a negative approach to BOTH semis vs Utd
- a woeful performance vs Hull

For sure ... it's not all doom and gloom. I like the fact that he has given a few younger players a chance... but with players coming back from injury, Mancini has to find a winning team set-up very quickly. Otherwise we are going to blow one of the best chances to make top 4 in many years (and in so doing handicap our summer transfer policy once again by not being able to offer prospective targets CL football)

I would agree and add the following:

*A match winning right winger sitting on the bench whilst a one footed left winger wastes everything in his position.
*A wet behind the ears kid starting repeatedly at centre half whilst an experienced premier league and under 21 international sits on the bench.
* Arguably the best creative midfielder in the premiership being wasted out of position.
* The signing of an over-the-hill player in a position where we have quality
* The lack of signings in positions where we need them.

I'll tell you what, I've got grave concerns already.

You stick Bellamy on the left wing, SWP on the right, Adebayor up front and then you work out what to do with Tevez and/or Ireland.

Then you build the rest of your team around that match-winning structure.

I've never felt so concerned about a manager so quickly.
Totaly agree with almost everything there, would just say if we are to play adebayor then get him to stay in the central area, where its tough.Have to say the manaer worries me alot already & i`m someone who though alan ball would get it right !

ok he as made mistake's but we need to give him a bit longer to sort it out, i was a hughes fan and thought we should have let him stay to the end season, but to Change manager again would be disastrous.

bri an t said:
ok he as made mistake's but we need to give him a bit longer to sort it out, i was a hughes fan and thought we should have let him stay to the end season, but to Change manager again would be disastrous.

Let me first say I do NOT want Mancini out.

But you say "to change manager again would be disastrous" - WHY?

What disaster would happen?

mcfc_die_hard said:
and now i have heard it all! Everybody was arse licking mancini when we won 4 out of 4 and now we lose a game every1 turns on him! sort it out you bunch of hypocryts

This sounds familiar, I'm sure we had a manager this season who won his first four with clean sheets too, and beat Chelsea and Arsenal, I could be wrong though

bri an t said:

I'm not saying get rid of him.

It is still too early.

But i do have grave concerns by the way things are going.

He's got some things right. He improved the defence with zonal marking and he got us passing initially rather than hoofing.

But he's far too fucking negative for this league and especially for a team who's strengths are as an attacking side.

If he is going to learn he needs to do it quick. And if I see another fucking winger played out of position I'm going to thqueem and thqueem until I'm thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.