just back, and believe we have appointed a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville the rat boy said:
r.soleofsalford said:
how dare you, dont you come on here again, this is not the place for positivity :)

In fairness the crap i have read on this thread is ridiculous,hes only in the door and hes being turned on already.hes only taken 10 games 6 of which were away from home a return of 7 wins is impressive.
Take a look at who we've played

CheethamHillBlue said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
It's Mancini's way. Also, would he have the players he has if he had had Hughes's budget last summer? No.

The reliance on these decent homegrown players is a double-edged sword. They have the experience, but are they good enough?

For me there is concrete evidence that Mancini doesn't know the players well enough, their strengths or weaknesses and obviously doesn't trust or value some of them enough. Look at Ireland, restricted, Bellamy out of form as soon as Mancini comes in. Onouha can't get a game, Barry I think is on borrowed time, Sweep doesn't get a game today. Adebayor comes back and is straight in, it shows who Mancini believes in and trusts. It also doesn't help that Ireland and Barry have been out of form all season.

I have no doubt that the likes of Barry, Ireland, SWP, Bellamy would not be here if Mancini had been manager since ADUG took over. They're not his type of players, they are not his way of playing. We'd have bought Zanetti and Cambiasso types of midfielders, Samuel and Chivu types of defenders with the attacking threat coming from the fullbacks of Maxwell and Maicon quality, with the top notch keeper behind. When did Mancini ever play with out and out wingers?

You have to accept that we're in transition, and that it's going to take Mancini time. He is a quality manager as his record shows, but his way is completely different to Hughes, and everything in the club has been made into Hughes way in such a short space of time. It's not ideal, but we just have to scrap and fight into a Champions League spot and give Mancini absolute power in the transfer market in the summer, he has a track record of excellent purchases, and he should be entitled to an entire squad of his own players. Best player on the pitch today? his signing Adam Johnson. The problems are stemming from Hughes signings, the fact is Mancini may not be doing a better job, but the buck stops with the players and Hughes, he bought them. Mancini is just trying to find a way of making them work to the level we need them too so we can score goals without letting 3 in the other way, unfortunately he has to do this mid-season.

I fear Mancini may not get much of a chance. I only hope that the owners aren't as blind as some fans and give him the 3 and a half years, give him the budget in the summer and back him. The shortcomings now are stemming from the previous reign, but we are still in the FA Cup and still in the hunt for the Champions League with games in hand. Yes we slipped up today, but we're a work in progress and as the players and manager build a stronger understanding and Mancini works out what's best for us(which I trust him to do), we will only get better in my opinion.

Sometimes you have to take 1 step back to take 2 forwards.

Good post mate. Constructive without throwing toys out of pram a la Mancini out style. OP take note

The thing is that these players weren't all Hughes purchases. It was publicly stated many times that Cook, Marwood and Hughes made the decisions as a group, although Marwood and Cook likely had a greater input into player selection in my opinion. I don't think Hughes personally chose Robinho, Adebayor, Tevez or Toure and the Lescott deal I think was more of a statement purchase. Basically our club stating that we'll get anyone we want and no one can stop us.

I don't expect that it will be much different with Mancini. Adam Johnson was pursued by Marwood for much longer than Mancini's been around, so AJ isn't necessarily Mancini's man, especially as his tactics generally don't favour out and out wingers. McDonald Mariga I think was likely a Mancini choice, same with Gago, so I would see that as evidence that he'll likely be around longer than 6 months. However, if Mancini was the god everyone was making him out to be, he would be able to get the best out of a team already considered to be top 4 material since the beginning of the season.

If he's simply trying to force his style on a set of players bought for another style of play then that doesn't exactly come across as tactical genius. While I didn't see Hughes as a long-term choice for manager, I simply don't understand his being fired for a manager who is going to completely change the team's style. If Hughes was fired for not achieving a high enough spot, why would you bring in a manager who is basically going to need to completely rebuild the team? Such a drastic change in management style mid-season was almost certain to cause a severe dip in form which was likely to affect the top 4 placing the board decided was the new objective. We are not going to be able to improve the quality of players brought in until we are able to offer Champion's League, so Mancini is unlikely to be able to draw the top flair players he needs to make this defensive system of his work unless we can achieve top 4. Right now it just looks boring and unattractive because the players obviously aren't feeling "natural" in it yet and it could take another month or 2 before they do. To me that's a pretty high risk gamble.

Can't be arsed reading through this, just thought I'd say:

When I've watched Mancini's press conferences, despite the language barrier, he talks a lot of sense, not just the standard replies that we're used to under Hughes, Pearce etc, there's something about his replies that make me feel confident under him. He talks about football very well in a very experienced and confident way that I never saw/heard under Hughes.

Colins Bellend said:
In fairness the crap i have read on this thread is ridiculous,hes only in the door and hes being turned on already.hes only taken 10 games 6 of which were away from home a return of 7 wins is impressive.

Im well aware of who we have played.Since Mancini took over we lost to spurs rags and Hull alll away from home,no surprises with that considering we have been struggling for away form for as long as i can remember

Colins Bellend said:

Im well aware of who we have played.Since Mancini took over we lost to spurs rags and Hull alll away from home,no surprises with that considering we have been struggling for away form for as long as i can remember

Dont forget Everton!!!

Wrighty Wrexham said:

Dont forget Everton!!!

Yeah everton it was,spurs loss was pre mancini

Dear god this forum is going up the shitter.

The rags have more faith in there team then us!

bri an t said:
to have 3 managers in 1 season would be a record, all the disruption it creates would see us plummet down the league, we do need to have some stability
to have 3 managers in 1 season would be a record
===============
We had 3 in a month not too long ago...

Armaan said:
The sad thing is that a lot of our so called "fans" are starting to act like Man Utd and Chelsea fans, we lose 1 game and its the end of the world...

And that's part of the reason that the Rags and Chelsea are 1-2 in the league because losing is never accepted, EVER. There is never an acceptable reason for a loss. Someone is identified as the culprit and is made to fix his mistakes pronto or later. You don't get to have off days when you are top, especially when you play teams like Hull who we should be throttling to send a message that we're over the United loss and back to business. Instead we play not to lose. That's not player mentality, that's the coaching mentality.

macmanson said:
Armaan said:
The sad thing is that a lot of our so called "fans" are starting to act like Man Utd and Chelsea fans, we lose 1 game and its the end of the world...

And that's part of the reason that the Rags and Chelsea are 1-2 in the league because losing is never accepted, EVER. There is never an acceptable reason for a loss. Someone is identified as the culprit and is made to fix his mistakes pronto or later. You don't get to have off days when you are top, especially when you play teams like Hull who we should be throttling to send a message that we're over the United loss and back to business. Instead we play not to lose. That's not player mentality, that's the coaching mentality.
And remind how Chelsea did at Hull in midweek?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.