just back, and believe we have appointed a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im fully behind Mancini and think he will be great but I can understand people getting worried when he's playing a CM and CF on the wing's when we have 2 cracking winger's on the bench. Then we have De jong and Barry which does'nt work as a 2 in the mid, too slow none of them bomb on to support strikers etc. Toure at the back has been shocking all season, then there's boyata who is going to be top quality but it's all a bit to early for him and it was wrong to play him v's rag's and Hull when we have a better CB in Onuoha on the bench.

Let's hope he's learnt from his mistake's the last couple of week's and if he has we get top 4 im sure of it.

harry the plumber said:
macmanson said:
And that's part of the reason that the Rags and Chelsea are 1-2 in the league because losing is never accepted, EVER. There is never an acceptable reason for a loss. Someone is identified as the culprit and is made to fix his mistakes pronto or later. You don't get to have off days when you are top, especially when you play teams like Hull who we should be throttling to send a message that we're over the United loss and back to business. Instead we play not to lose. That's not player mentality, that's the coaching mentality.
And remind how Chelsea did at Hull in midweek?.

Better than us, as they at least got 1 point. They played much better than we did and controlled most of the game and had it not been for some lame duck finishing, that game could've been blown wide open. We struggled to compete with Hull and other than Tevez's late give and go for a shot and Johnson's cross, we had nothing other than Adebayor's goal mouth scramble goal on the day. It's not that we lost, it's how that has really got people down on this one. From the opening kickoff, we never looked in contention of winning that match. While we did play better 2nd half, most of the shots on net were simply panicked blasts that never really amounted to much.

mxpx said:
Dear god this forum is going up the shitter.

The rags have more faith in there team then us!

thats right,full of cretins,some of the cocks were getting all giddy a few weeks ago at the prospect of going to OT and 'laughing' at the rags(a pathetic word btw,used only on BM)the same rags(cringe)that have won the PL the last 3 years,are in the last 16 of the CL and are 2nd in the league,yea,fuckin hilarious

Prestwich_Blue said:
Damocles said:
Shock horro, but fuck it I'm going to post it.

Every person at the club, everybody associated with Mancini, everybody who talks to the players, everybody who talks to the media say it's for 3 and a half years.
It is potentially 3.5 years but there's a get-out clause after 6 months. Why is that so hard to understand?

You're a techie. Let's put it in terms you might understand.

If time-elapsed = 6 months
>>>>If performance = "Crap"
>>>>Then result = "Sack + compo"
>>>>Else "Keep on for 3 years"

Spot on Prestwich Blue. That's exactly how it is...as Mancini said in his first press conference when ungaurded and speaking honestly. For some reason, GC didn't feel that's how he wanted it to come over, why I don't know. It's a logical thing to do for both parties. FFS this has all been dealt with on a previous thread anyway.

CheethamHillBlue said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
It's Mancini's way. Also, would he have the players he has if he had had Hughes's budget last summer? No.

The reliance on these decent homegrown players is a double-edged sword. They have the experience, but are they good enough?

For me there is concrete evidence that Mancini doesn't know the players well enough, their strengths or weaknesses and obviously doesn't trust or value some of them enough. Look at Ireland, restricted, Bellamy out of form as soon as Mancini comes in. Onouha can't get a game, Barry I think is on borrowed time, Sweep doesn't get a game today. Adebayor comes back and is straight in, it shows who Mancini believes in and trusts. It also doesn't help that Ireland and Barry have been out of form all season.

I have no doubt that the likes of Barry, Ireland, SWP, Bellamy would not be here if Mancini had been manager since ADUG took over. They're not his type of players, they are not his way of playing. We'd have bought Zanetti and Cambiasso types of midfielders, Samuel and Chivu types of defenders with the attacking threat coming from the fullbacks of Maxwell and Maicon quality, with the top notch keeper behind. When did Mancini ever play with out and out wingers?

You have to accept that we're in transition, and that it's going to take Mancini time. He is a quality manager as his record shows, but his way is completely different to Hughes, and everything in the club has been made into Hughes way in such a short space of time. It's not ideal, but we just have to scrap and fight into a Champions League spot and give Mancini absolute power in the transfer market in the summer, he has a track record of excellent purchases, and he should be entitled to an entire squad of his own players. Best player on the pitch today? his signing Adam Johnson. The problems are stemming from Hughes signings, the fact is Mancini may not be doing a better job, but the buck stops with the players and Hughes, he bought them. Mancini is just trying to find a way of making them work to the level we need them too so we can score goals without letting 3 in the other way, unfortunately he has to do this mid-season.

I fear Mancini may not get much of a chance. I only hope that the owners aren't as blind as some fans and give him the 3 and a half years, give him the budget in the summer and back him. The shortcomings now are stemming from the previous reign, but we are still in the FA Cup and still in the hunt for the Champions League with games in hand. Yes we slipped up today, but we're a work in progress and as the players and manager build a stronger understanding and Mancini works out what's best for us(which I trust him to do), we will only get better in my opinion.

Sometimes you have to take 1 step back to take 2 forwards.

Good post mate. Constructive without throwing toys out of pram a la Mancini out style. OP take note

Seconded.

Shooter 83 said:
Im fully behind Mancini and think he will be great but I can understand people getting worried when he's playing a CM and CF on the wing's when we have 2 cracking winger's on the bench. Then we have De jong and Barry which does'nt work as a 2 in the mid, too slow none of them bomb on to support strikers etc. Toure at the back has been shocking all season, then there's boyata who is going to be top quality but it's all a bit to early for him and it was wrong to play him v's rag's and Hull when we have a better CB in Onuoha on the bench.

Let's hope he's learnt from his mistake's the last couple of week's and if he has we get top 4 im sure of it.
petrov started at Everton and was anonymous. SWP came on in the 2nd half.

You can blame small changes in selection if you want, but that's not the reason. We have been weak away from home for a long time, and we have not been able to solve the problem

I wouldn't start with petrov, but if he does play, I prefer him on the right. He's very left-footed so if he starts on the left, he can only go down the touch-line, and in the Premiership he doesn't always have the pace to beat his man. If he's on the right, he has the whole pitch to run into, and he's a very good footballer with a good pass and shot so he can get into the game a lot more on the right. If we're playing a big centr-forward, and want to pump crosses into the box, then I agree it would make sense to play him on the left. But I think Mancini wants to play good passing football so right wing is best for Petrov.

Right wing for Petrov?

Not for me.

Call me old fashioned but I want my wingers to get to the byeline and whip crosses in. Never in the history of football was there a winger more suited to this than Petrov. Totally one footed, quickish over 10 yards, a good crosser. I'g go so far as to say that's all there is to his game, apart from a good strike.

There is a place in the modern game for wide men on the wrong wing, but these are players who make it work because they come inside people and go past them. Bellamy does it, Robinho did it.

Petrov doesn't do that. He checks his run, brings it onto his left foot and the momentum ofthe move is gone.

Playing his there is bad enough, but playing him there with a fit SWP on the bench is stupidity in my opinion.

lown is a bit strong but Boyata has been a disaster - forget statistics, Nedum should have played at the swamp and at Hull and bringing Johnson on with Petrov and SWP on the bench maybe he does not like winning. Maybe he should conentrate a bit more then when picking the side. Why has he not stood Bellamy down for a bit - he can't control it he can't pass at the moment his decision making is off and he has no understanding with Barry
Not to mention taking our most effective midfielder off - Ireland

Didsbury Dave said:
Right wing for Petrov?

Not for me.

Call me old fashioned but I want my wingers to get to the byeline and whip crosses in. Never in the history of football was there a winger more suited to this than Petrov. Totally one footed, quickish over 10 yards, a good crosser. I'g go so far as to say that's all there is to his game, apart from a good strike.

There is a place in the modern game for wide men on the wrong wing, but these are players who make it work because they come inside people and go past them. Bellamy does it, Robinho did it.

Petrov doesn't do that. He checks his run, brings it onto his left foot and the momentum ofthe move is gone.

Playing his there is bad enough, but playing him there with a fit SWP on the bench is stupidity in my opinion.
Did you see Petrov against Scunthorpe? he ran the game and was striking 50 yard diagonal passes. His passsing and shooting is a big part of his game

Against weaker fullbacks he can go round them on the outside, but in the Premiership he rarely beats his man. Premiership defences often double-up on a winger, and Petrov doesn't have the pace like Lennon to deal with this. In other words play him on the left, and he will be marginalised from the game/ Out on the left touchline he has to use his left footm and the only way round the man is to run around him. If he's up against a quick full-back or a well organised defence he'll be out of the game. Play him on the right and he can drift inside and use his passing skills.

I'm not a big fan of Petrov, especially away from home, and I prefer Bellamy on the left, and now I'd try Johnson. But I think he is a better all round footballer than you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.